• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discord Notification When Map Is Hosted

Sorry, I'd like to ask why I still can't set the bot to my channel. #TriggerHappy

@Triggs !notifychannel #game-hosting Defends GX

Is there anything wrong with my syntax above?

He still keeps prompting me

(I do not have access to that channel, or it does not exist. Make sure you add me to your Discord server and give proper permissions.)

Can you provide the teaching process? ty

You need to enable developer mode and right click your channel (#game-hosting) and click Copy-ID. Then you can !notifychannel 12345667 Defends GX.

I will try update the command to also support the current channel you are typing in without requiring any IDs.

Thanks for the update, can you elaborate on the cheat detection part? How does it work? If I have a common jass cheatpack for debug purpose in my map, will it be detected as a cheat pack?

Yes it will detect common cheat packs.

Another update.
  • !notifychannel no longer requires a channel ID. You can type the command in the channel you wish to use.
  • The discord notification will be green while the game is still open.
  • You no longer need to tag @Triggs for the !notifychannel or !stopchannel commands.
  • The bot will check your regex against the map's actual name now.
  • An issue where sha1 matches weren't working is fixed.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
A few months ago I set the bot to notify me of maps that were hosted with my maps hash. This never worked so I didn't bother disabling it. However since the update it has started sending me messages. I tried to use !stopnotify (and it said I wouldn't get notifications any more) but it won't stop. I've just muted the bot so it's not an issue but I thought I'd let you know.

A few months ago I set the bot to notify me of maps that were hosted with my maps hash. This never worked so I didn't bother disabling it. However since the update it has started sending me messages. I tried to use !stopnotify (and it said I wouldn't get notifications any more) but it won't stop. I've just muted the bot so it's not an issue but I thought I'd let you know.

You need to !stopnotify <channelID> otherwise it will only stop notifications in your DMs.

Level 1
Hey, really like the bot, good job on it!

Could you add support to add roles for each map? (For example: !notifychannel Legion TD @LegionTD).

On my server there are roles for the most played maps and channels for map genres. I would like if you could set a role for each map instead of channel, because multiple different maps of the same genre are posted in a map genre channel, but I want people only to be notified of certain maps that they chosen the specific map role. It would be unreliable if there would be 50+ channels for each map, so instead there is map genre channels and roles for each map which can be grabbed with a "react for role" system that is already setup, that's why I ask for this. Hope my explanation was understandable, english is not the best.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 2
Can anyone please tell me how this actually works? I have the bot in my discord, but I don't really understand how to add a map even after reading the info. The whole regex thing is confusing so any help would be greatly appreciated and my battle tag is Angelus1993#11151 if you want to add me and message me on there. 🙂

I just started my own discord server and people would like this set up so I'm trying to figure it all out lol, thank you for all the help.

Level 25
You can just use the map name like for my map TheSiegeOfMinasTirith0.6.w3x I could just use thesiegeofminastirith. However, I had to add the role of the bot to my server and give it permissions. The explanation in the first post should really be updated and included some screenshots and the thread should be sticky since it really is one of the most useful features/tools for hosting maps.

Level 2
You can just use the map name like for my map TheSiegeOfMinasTirith0.6.w3x I could just use thesiegeofminastirith. However, I had to add the role of the bot to my server and give it permissions. The explanation in the first post should really be updated and included some screenshots and the thread should be sticky since it really is one of the most useful features/tools for hosting maps.
Would you be able to add me on discord or join my server long enough to help me? This is still very confusing and I would be super appreciative and grateful. My discord name is Angelus1993#2029. I've followed the first post, but I still can't get it to work. Thank you in advanced. 🙂

Level 18
Really like this bot. I think more detailed instructions would be nice. I accidentally set it to notify channel when <space> game is hosted. I need to kick the bot to get it to stop. There's not a command to take something off the notify list? or it only notifies you of one thing at a time?

Would it be possible to have a elo/rating/leaderboard system to track wins with this bot?

Great work over all thank you so much.

Level 1
Hi, thank you very much for this bot ı love it. I got some questions, some players when hosted it shows incorrect map but marked as cheated is it possible to somehow hosting main map but make it shown as totally different map or is that bot error? We wanted to avoid those players if they really cheated.

Just a suggestion if its possible or not, add function to show those players in discord as pinged ı think its only possible for those who linked their discord+battlenet accounts together so bot scan discord users to expose them?

Thank you very much in advance, sorry my English is not main language.

Attachments

• tkoksss.jpg
    tkoksss.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 25
Hi again, the regex matching is really weird. I have tried the following regexes:
  • !notifychannel wowr[0-9]*
  • !notifychannel wowr[0-9]+.*
  • !notifychannel World of Warcraft Reforged*
  • !notifychannel World of Warcraft Reforged.*
and nothing works for the map file names like wowr2.1.w3x and map name World of Warcraft Reforged 2.1.
However, this one works but lists other maps like WoW risk etc as well:
  • !notifychannel wowr*
How am I supposed to write the regex?

Level 18
A tutorial on how to proper set this up, would be a life saver! Thank you for the extreme useful bot, I'm just struggling with implementing this system.
the guide is on their website: WC3Maps

pretty much you either set it up to DM you or post in a server
1) DM the bot !notify and the map name, or map file name or, i think also lobby name?
2) or post in a server that both you and the bot have admin perms !notify #channel map name

Level 7
The bot doesn't respond to commands as expected. After reading the entire thread, @-ing the bot should not be necessary anymore. However, it will not react to commands unless @-ed, and only if it the @ is after the actual command, which messes up the command parameters and makes it impossible to setup.

See screenshot below illustrating how the bot reacts to commands:
Triggs.PNG

Last edited:
Level 3
Anybody have an alternative? Seems like Trigg is still MIA

Photo attached of Triggs response to commands, Picture just goofy (Grey) when not clicked cause dimensions.

Edit; Nvm, I found Alternative on "Anime Choice Arena" Discord, Very nice person walked me through how to implement it since the bot does not use / or ! commands.

Attachments

• 08656c1d9509e3f1b7c02ad100412710.png
    08656c1d9509e3f1b7c02ad100412710.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited: