1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Direction

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by The World Is Flat, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are a few options.

The Hives becomes a Warcraft 3 Starcraft 2 modding site with a good sc2 moderators team.

The Hives sticks with Wc3 and dies with it.

The Hive becomes a multiple-gaming website and dies because nobody feels comfortable with that.

2. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Blackcat, Or not at all anything of those options? There might be something in between those options at the most. It is not like becoming a SC2 mod site is our only option.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not to say just graphics design. Some people are clearly experienced at well, graphics design. So we can have graphics design and modding.

Perhaps an RP site?

4. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. We have RPdom.com for that, an official hive affiliate.

5. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uh ya...you must be delusional. The Hive is not going to become a good SC2 site. That is wishful thinking. Someone please explain how you guys are going to catch up with SC2Mapster? What does a bunch of immature WC3 modders have to offer for SC2?

So based on your options...the death of this site is inevitable.

I think you guys need to face the fact that The Hive is quickly becoming obsolete. TWIF is dead on that the only way to avoid this is to branch out beyond Blizzard products.

6. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree with a lot of points you posted, this is no place for sc2, in fact I do not have expectations of this site anymore.

Still, I also change my mind and I think making some artist forum out of it is a bad idea, contrary to what i said earlier. It's awful, how many artists... just 50 people that includes modelers, artists, singers altogether.

All the rest are here to have help with game editors and such, if this will be just nodding or comments like 'Zomg great picture or video' and all this site will be about, this will become some uber crappy boring place (I mean more than it already is).

I think HiveWorkshop.com must be closed and erased. Some forums must not be forced to live if their time's up, just close it and start some new business. I am not gonna act anyone's advocate here anymore.

7. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think more people on the hive should try spreading out and try making things that aren't for WC3 for once. They're certainly capable of it - I've got four people from here helping me make our own game, ponykart, for example.

Sure you have to do things a bit differently, but you end up learning more about the tools you use which means you can create more stuff in the future, wherever you go. The hive has a lot of talented people and I'd hate to see that talent wasted on solely making resources for a dead game.

8. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Welcome back Pyritie, and goodbye. Do you know some good MLP community to join? Like what is the best one? I could use one when Season 3 starts.

9. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They're all shit

the best way to enjoy ponies is to stay the hell away from the fandom

10. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I see, I do not want to be like 4chan and those 'deep' fan sites, thanks.

11. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At least you can call it YOUR site. Affiliate? You got more members for your site, I'd rather call it poor advertisement and pushing people to move from the hive's RP forums to yours.

Let's keep bans aside this time, shall we?

12. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've asked him this:
    So let's hope I'll get an answer, because this situation is becoming more and more silly.

13. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I never used it nor do I care about it...but closing the RP section was a stupid move. This site needs more forums that are not strictly related to Blizzard products.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't care if they decide to close the RP forums, but other sections are also inactive and they aren't closed. And TDW being owner of an RP website makes it even more hilarious.

15. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WHICH takes us back to my point.

16. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Isn't he also asking the hive's RPers to move to a new community? (Which would involve them getting to know them better and that could take a while)

17. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All he does is bring in more chaos.

He essentially broke a rule:
    Advertising

This category includes advertisement of:

• Any non-beneficial, non-Battle.net related businesses, organizations, or websites
    If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
    Which is not enforced, but even with that, he's a threat to the hive's integrity. The hive was at the most stable point in history, really.

18. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Statharas, it has been said multiple times before. The RP domain is affiliated with the Hive. It's not an act of advertising.

19. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're looking at it from a purely technical standpoint. You're right...he may not be breaking any rules. But that doesn't make it any less sleazy.

20. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Affiliated? If i want to RP, now i have to make a separate account instead of using the hive's? Really now, even if i moved to non sc2 stuff, i'd still keep my number of registrations on forums low... I don't care if it's affiliated, this is like splitting the hive... It's like having a shop, then walling off a part of it and making it another shop essentially with something the other had. Instead of that RP domain to stay open, it should have merged with the hive. Not the oposite.

And i should point out that me, and the rest of the community is expressing their ideas on this, and frankly, most of them, if not all, disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.