1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Direction

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by The World Is Flat, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I agree with just about everything you've said TWIF. Perhaps we should only have resource sections for just a couple of/some games though. Or else those sections will become complete chaos I believe. At least for the moderators. Neither the less I think it is time for us to change, to evolve. Though I have to add; this site has waay more activity and users now than it had when wc3 was at its finest. (Though I honestly don't know if it is for the better or the worst, or if we are getting more quality work here now or then)

This is great, this should actually already exist. Though music files takes a shitload of space I believe? But we should be able to implement at least sound/storyboard/thingys sections, just as we have icons and models.

2. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you misunderstood. You guys (The Hive) are too late to the show.

3. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Heath Ledger you are spot on. Lets expand the Hive.

4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't believe it is ever too late. You just have to come up with something unique and good. And Wc3 is not dead at all IMO. Otherwise so many people wouldn't visit.

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Warcraft is still hot and kicking IMO.

We should focus one game at a time, we don't want to be like this site ( I don't want to name it) that tried to mod tons of games then failed.

6. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft III is not hot and kicking, Battle.net is filled with bots and more and more players are quiting the game. Blizzard doesn't support the game anymore, It's over and It's stupid to think otherwise. The Hive should do everything it can to become a Wc3/Sc2 modding site with a 50/50 or even 20/80 balance in interest.

7. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Blackcat, Warcraft 3 is still hot and kicking for me, I still love playing it and continue making maps on World Editor. People should really understand the "IMO(In my opinion)" thing.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    You didn't say ''For me'' in that post of yours. Yes, for you it can be hot and kicking but it's just dying and bots are destroying the game which makes Battle.net impossible to play on. So focussing on Starcraft 2 is essential, or else this site will die togheter with Wc3 and Battle.net1.0

9. Sorceress

Sorceress

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, most people here just enjoy modding for the game..
    Yet when I'm playing warcraft 3 i still see alot of people in the clan-channels.
    People are using the bots for better gameplay, it doesn't mean that people have left, just that they've become smarter and "evolved" to use some better hosting solutions.

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Games do not 'die' so to speak. But they become less popular, and we can all agree that Warcraft 3 is not as popular as it once was. If you want a popular site with a large number of active users - then TWIF's idea is spot on. However, if the site stays on the Blizzard-product modding train it will likely become smaller, and of those that remain, diehards.

TWIF's decision is great as it adapts naturally to new games and is honestly, a good direction for the site. Warcraft 3 would still remain, assuming all the models and shit would be imported, but it'd allow for other things to become prevalent in this site.

11. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not too keen on the idea of branching out to a million different games, I think Warcraft and Starcraft are good, they're both highly modifiable and they're both RTSes, so they compliment each other nicely. I really wouldn't advise hive to start splitting its attention , or more importantly its audience.

I think Starcraft II modding in general has been pretty slow to take off, so Hive's not alone there. I think the release of HotS will be a good boost in the right direction, if Hive tags onto it.

12. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I vote for Unity, I do have experience in it.

13. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, can't say we didn't warn you guys.

14. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do I need to bold the IMO???

15. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @son, To say "imo" and "for me" is quite different. To say imo then you simply say that you consider it being hot and kicking. In that case you are speaking for everyone. Which is not the same as you considering it being hot and kicking for you. Details, yes. But it is easy to missunderstand you.

16. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Elainiel, well I posted it with my opinion, but if I said it wrong then I accept that I'm the one wrong.

17. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wc3 is all but alive nowdays. There are lots of things that could be pushed onto the hive to expand on Sc2, but heck, nothing is happening.

18. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We don't necessarily have to branch out to other games. TWIF mentioned branching out to other areas or fields as a whole like graphic design. Personally, I wouldn't mind learning how to create Flash animations on the Hive.

19. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's limiting. We're devoted to modding as a whole, not plain graphics design.

20. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm. making the hive branch out will make it more popular and thus make more /"troll" /moderators.

no. branching out will contradict every reason the "recent events" have happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.