• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
At least you can call it YOUR site. Affiliate? You got more members for your site, I'd rather call it poor advertisement and pushing people to move from the hive's RP forums to yours.

Let's keep bans aside this time, shall we?

I've asked him this:
1. Did you close the RP section to get more users for your own website?

2. If no, why did you close the section if it is one of the biggest sections with 33,613 posts.

3. Do you think it was smart closing the RP section as RPdom.com owner? Don't you think that would cause uproar.

So let's hope I'll get an answer, because this situation is becoming more and more silly.

Level 6
I never used it nor do I care about it...but closing the RP section was a stupid move. This site needs more forums that are not strictly related to Blizzard products.

I don't care if they decide to close the RP forums, but other sections are also inactive and they aren't closed. And TDW being owner of an RP website makes it even more hilarious.

All he does is bring in more chaos.

He essentially broke a rule:
Advertising

This category includes advertisement of:

• Any non-beneficial, non-Battle.net related businesses, organizations, or websites
If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
Which is not enforced, but even with that, he's a threat to the hive's integrity. The hive was at the most stable point in history, really.

Affiliated? If i want to RP, now i have to make a separate account instead of using the hive's? Really now, even if i moved to non sc2 stuff, i'd still keep my number of registrations on forums low... I don't care if it's affiliated, this is like splitting the hive... It's like having a shop, then walling off a part of it and making it another shop essentially with something the other had. Instead of that RP domain to stay open, it should have merged with the hive. Not the oposite.

And i should point out that me, and the rest of the community is expressing their ideas on this, and frankly, most of them, if not all, disagree.

Level 6
And why did the RP section have to be shut down NOW? Just when the hive is like a volcano. It doesn't make any sense and I hope TDW will explain it..

Level 22
Check Battleforums.com I was staff member there and it was as big as the hive, with games CS, D2, SCBW, War3, now SC2. I am still Premium Member that the guys decided to give me for being one of the oldest members from 2003 and Former Staff - this is what I mean that some older members could get a little present here in the HiveWorkshop but Noooooooooo. And I left it years ago cause it became like 10 active persons even less - so dead now.

I do not see a reason this forum should stay anymore

- making stuff for a dead game such as war3 - hardly - it starts losing its point, especially people coming to start War3... wtf lol?
- moving to sc2 - obviously not an option here, like someone said it's not the staff, it's the lazyness of people to learn smth slightly harder or because they don't wanna buy a game, the few people that did something aka Rui and DSG, have been disallowed to do so and develop this place in this direction - GO join SC2 Devoted places!
- making it an ARTSY forum - pics, videos, anims and 'Zomg great work' - WHY? Go JOIN DEVIANTART - better choice
- and with some Staff promoting their SITE - affiliated or not, who gives a damn fuck if it is affiliated, it is still Advertising - you basically say - move out of THW

yep move out indeed, let's close this place

Level 25
Check Battleforums.com I was staff member there and it was as big as the hive, with games D2, SCBW, War3, now SC2. I am still Premium Member that the guys decided to give me for being one of the oldest members from 2003 and Former Staff - this is what I mean that some older members could get a little present here in the HiveWorkshop but Noooooooooo then trolls came and to my suggestion said Nooooooo *trollface*. And I left it years ago cause it became like 10 active persons even less - so dead now.

I do not see a reason this forum should stay anymore

- making stuff for a dead game such as war3 - hardly - it starts losing its point, especially people starting to
- moving to sc2 - obviously not an option here, like someone said it's not the staff, it's the lazyness of people to learn smth slightly harder or because they don't wanna buy a game
-

I really think you should stop fucking try and kill this forum. Everyone does not share your point of view, even if it seems to me that you would very much like it to be so. If there are more or less no users at all hanging around here, it doesn't matter, if it would only be 10 users using this forum; Why should YOU stop them from doing that? Give people their own choices, your opinion is not the true one.
Everyone does not see Wc3 as dead as you claim it to be. Especially Ralle from what I've seen, he does very much like this forum to stay open, even if it is the smallest of smallest community that spends their time here. As he has stated (even in this thread, that he does not consider Wc3 dead at all), now let him decide about what to do with the site.
You are very much free to state your opinion about this, but you've already done that far too many times in all kinds of different threads. We all know what you think of it. And as long as you simply state your opinion it is alright, but cut out the crap with trying to get people to follow you. There is no commitment here for you to stay.

Level 22
This thread is about the direction, I am offering a direction (even if my suggestion is a one way ticked to a chasm). I am ontopic, saying which direction is wrong, they can do whatever the hell they want, I am only suggesting. I do not need anyone to follow me just 1-2 persons if they want (I do not care eventually). So bug off please, I will say whatever and as many times as I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.