• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dionesiist's Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I think the hammer part of the weapon should be removed. I like the face, why so much hate for it ?

All in all, i really like this model I kind of wish blizzards captain was like this instead of that random guy we got instead...

Level 45
Kaitech[SanD];494055 said:
No... Just... No...

That head looks HORRIBLE! At least the face does anyway, and the hair...

I don't see anything wrong with the face at all. I also wanted the hair to seem messy, unwashed.

The weapon confuses me. Is it a hammer? Or a spear? Or a sword? Or a wtfhamemrpointyspearswordthing?
--donut3.5--

It's a hammer with a blade on top. Some weapon I thought up some time ago.

Quite versatile weapon, it use may vary depending which enemy facing. :smile:

Why thank you. =)

I think the hammer part of the weapon should be removed. I like the face, why so much hate for it ?

All in all, i really like this model I kind of wish blizzards captain was like this instead of that random guy we got instead...

I won't be removing anything from the weapon. And yeah, Blizzard's captain is a bit meh-ish.

I like the hammer sword. He could stab someone through the stomach, and then slam a crushing blow to the person's head :D

:D

Level 45
A new model update. This time, scratch-made, scratch-textured and now being scratch-animated. :) I also have another texture for him, but I like this one more, even if the alpha on his dress is a bit ... curved :S

Blaaa.png

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

How did you do that? That looks VERY different from your usual style.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
hahahaha man, that's no way in hell to make a turntable animation :D. Damn...people get really inventive if they don't know how to do something :p...eh sorry, I think that sounded kinda rude. Let me tell you how to make a nice turntable animation in 3ds max:
- make a circle shape and center it to your model
- make a target camera anywhere you want
- center the camera target to your model
- finally assign a Path Constraint (Animation -> Constraints -> Path Constraint) to the camera and select the circle as the path. Now you can make the radius of your circle bigger or smaller or move it along the Z axis to suit your preference.

OR

just animate the damn model rotating 360 degrees along the Z axis :p

Now about your model: the topology is TERRIBLE! You don't have anything defined in there. Here, this should be useful to you, it's what I also said to SuPă:

dude, remember from now on that there's a big difference between lowpoly game models and highpoly models:
Lowpoly models are like "what you see is what you get". Also any real time renderer that ever was, and probably will ever be, renders geometry divided into triangles. Quads and all other ngons are divided into triangles. So that's why in your low poly model is ok to have triangles alongside quads. nGons should be avoided though, in case your mesh will be smoothed (by this I don't mean meshSmooth, I mean that all polygons belong to the same smoothing group) because you won't be able to control its triangulation right, the software will do it for you and it will probably do it in a very nasty way. Ngons are ok on non-smooth surfaces though, you won't even know they're there.

On the other hand, when making high poly models, you always have to keep in mind that a mesh smooth modifier will be happening on top of that. So...what you see is not always what you get. And unlike game engines, mesh smooth algorithms hate triangles and with a vengeance. They're not that polite with ngons either. Mesh smooth simply LOVES quads, however. Feed it quads and it will obey. In other words, you must keep all your polygons 4-sided as much as possible. Triangles create shitty artifacts in the mesh, as well as ngons. Why? Because if you look at a mesh smoothed model's wireframe, you'll notice that all polygons are quads even if on the low poly mesh there were triangles or ngons. Mesh smooth will try to quadify the mesh by splitting every existing polygon into 4. When it tries to split a triangle into 4 quads, the results won't be very good. Same goes for ngons. You'll end up with pointy pimples and sharp edges where you don't want to on the mesh.

So yeah, be careful with that. But don't let all this theory constrain you. Always remember: the 3d program is your bitch. That pile of digital clay is your bitch. You control it, not the other way around. So when you want a certain shape, DO IT! Slice that bitch hard with edges in the way you want without worrying about topology and keeping all quads etc. Getting the shape exactly the way you want is the MAIN priority. After that you can worry about everything else, and almost all the times it will al solve by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.