• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Goblin Race Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15

Goblin Race:

Building:

Goblin Tech Center

Units:

1. Goblin Consctructor -> worker and can transform into tower.
2. Goblin Harvester -> harvests resources.

Building:

Goblin Training Camp [Model required!]

Units:

2. Robo-Goblin -> Small melee unit that can learn <...>
3. Goblin Crossbowman -> Weak ranged unit that can learn <...>
4. Goblopult -> A machine that launches suicidal goblins. Effective agains buildings, can learn <...> [Model Required!]

Building:

Goblin Laboratory

Units:

5. Goblin Shredder -> Heavy melee unit that can harvest a lot of lumber and can learn <...>
6. Goblin Firebot -> Heavy ranged unit can learn <...>.
7. Goblin FLying Chair -> Small flyer that can attack air units and cast <...>.

Building:

Goblin Boom Factory

Units:

1. <....> [Ideas?]
2. Goblin Airship -> The most powerful goblin unit Can learn <...>, <...>.

Building:

Tech Altar

Heros:

1. Goblin Smasher: Warrior hero adept at smashing enemies ....
Skills: ...

2. Goblin Technomage: Mystical hero adept at elemental magic.

3. Goblin Blaster: Cunning hero adept at long range. Master of explosives and difeerent shooting styles. [Model required!]

4. Goblin <...>
Skills: ....

Building:

Chemical Lab [Model Required!]

Units:

1. Goblin Doc: Healing unit that can learn Spray, Empower and Acid Spill
2. Goblin Mystic: <...> [Model required!]
3. Goblin Trader: <...> [Model Required!]

Building:

Goblin Factory

Upgrades:

Melee and Ranged Att/Armor

Building:

Sheep Generator

Type:

Food Production

Building:

Goblin Turret [Model Required!]

Units:

Defence

Building:

Goblin Marketplace

Type:

Shop
Items: <....>

----------------------------
Here is what the units/buildings look for now:
Units:
RACE_UNITS_2.JPG
Buildings:
RACE_BUILDINGS_1.JPG
----------------------------
That's my goblin concept up to now. Anyone willing to help with models/ideas would be appreciated.
Say what you think, I'll try to come up with upgrades/hero skills.

Last edited:
Level 13
Yea, that would be nice too. My thougths is that Goblins should be a "funny" race, so pick some funny names or stuff. Like in the Founding Of Durotar, when Rexxar enters the mine : "Wooooow, your a big one!" the goblins said xD (With that funny voice :p)

Level 15
Of course goblins will be funny.
That's another great problem: Soundsets :(
I have no idea who can help make sounds....

But what I want is to make a melee/playable race with this. So that goblins will be equal to all other races.

Level 13
Yea i get it. Is it possible to create custom soundsets?
I COULD try, but my mic is kinda shitty.

Level 15
Well, you can import the sounds you need and replace some soundsets like those of useless creeps/critters.
But the models are what really needs to be done, for a race like this.
----------------------
Btw, I already have a Technomage hero ready.

Level 3
Are these "canon" Warcraft goblins? (I assumed they were, since you're using the Airship, Shredder, etc.) If so, your best bet with the "canon" units (the Airship, Shredder, etc.) is to just port them into your campaign as-is. Likewise, use the "canon" buildings with minor modifications: the Shipyard, Lab and Goblin Merchant. No Tech Center, Tech Altar, etc. required. And you honestly don't need any more heroes than the Alchemist and Tinker.

If you absolutely must have more units, try the common and Stonemaul ogres, maybe the Beastmaster hero. I think they have a..."working relationship". But I really recommend not getting bogged down with dozens of custom units and models...especially for a race that has a dozen units already.

Level 15
Here we go - building screenshot added. Needed 2 (3) building models.
1 Barracks equivalent and 1/2 towers.

Hero spells are being redone by me.

--------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, forgot the altar, but I have a model for it too.
Only tier 1 building and towers are needed.

Level 14
Perhaps a upgrade "Kaboom" would make, any goblin unit if dead, explode dealing small damage.

Level 13
Herian, that have already been suggested, but if it comes to be an ability, maybe it's name should be "Firecrackers" because, that is kinda funny.

Level 14
The other two..

First :
Shredd-O-Goblin : Proper names (Kaboom, Brrrroooom, Tak, crreh, and Shreddy) is a shredder that controls himself (unlike other Shredders). He can cut wood much faster than normal shredders. (Yes, even if he's a hero, he can cut wood.. Well if you don't want him to, remove it ^^).A hero adept at recieving damage, escaping and entering battles, and collecting ressources.

Spells :
One - Fly to position : The shredder flies to a position. (This is a kind of jump and blink.)Useful at escaping battles, or entering them to save your allies.
Two - Glaive Launch : The hero launches his glaive to a position. (Kind of shockwave, but a lil' bit different) it slices through the first target, but not the second. (It stops when it hits the second target. Otherwise it continues until it reaches some max range.)Third - Fly Gear : Shredd-O-Goblin uses his flying gear to become flying for a while. (Kind of jetpack, xD) He then can hit air units, but only air units. (While on ground he can't hit air units.) He will be counted as an air unit, thus meaning he won't be attacked by melee ground units. Lasts for 20 seconds.
Fourth - (Ultimate) Disassemble : The shredder disassembles himself into many smaller shredders. The shredders explode upon death. They deal damage equal to (Damage of shredder divided by number of spawned mini shredders). One of them is enough to reassemble the shredder. Lasts for 60 seconds.

Model : Maybe.. Larger scale Shredder? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.