• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIIIW weekend continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
A few hours ago I looked at my computer and decided that if I keep working on my Pandaren ORPG map like I am I might actually fly to Asia, find a panda, and kill it.

So I figured I should work on something else for a while. Since people have been asking for an extension to D3W I decided I would work on making one. I have a 4-day weekend (thursday - sunday) starting today, so I'll be working on it till sunday and will release whatever I have done at that point.

My extension will include:

- a new dungeon zone
- a new snowy mountain zone (as seen in demon hunter trailers)
- two new bosses for each zone
- the addition of the Demon Hunter class
- smoother camera system
- lots of new items
- new item-types (necklaces, belts, boots, etc.)
- re-done abilities and spells
- two new stats that will allow you to increase the power of hero abilities

I need help with:

- extending the mini-map to represent the new regions I am building

Terrain pictures (I will continue to update them as I build more, I just started a few hours ago so there isn't much atm):

D3W extension 1.jpgD3W extension 2.jpgD3W extension 3.jpg

BTW, I don't know if it's alright for me to post this here, but I figured it was the most relevant place.

Level 15
Finished new dungeon zone and boss, a very small ice zone, and am working on the area with the final boss right now.

I'm also working on compiling a complete item list and bestiary which will include all the old items and monsters as well as the ones in my expansion.

Level 17
You terrain makers are amazing.. it's reasons like this why I continue to try making maps. Just the thought that one day I could present some work as beautiful as the ones bestowed before myself!

Level 8
Bah! How do you make such perfect walls? Is it truly just by raising land and then plateauing? You must have a specific method for it, the walls are so perfect.

Level 15
Bah! How do you make such perfect walls? Is it truly just by raising land and then plateauing? You must have a specific method for it, the walls are so perfect.

I'll send you the .txt file with directions on how to import

Nice terrains, really nice.
It's all coming together nicely =D

Thanks, i'm actually all done with the terrain. I've more than doubled the size of the original map. I've also done all the environment triggers and designed the monsters for the first two areas.

What I still have to do:
- finish coding last boss fight
- create new items
- set monster, boss, and chest drop percentages
- add new hero
- refine old hero abilities and fix glitches
- modify hero abilities to work with a cast-time system

Although this was initially supposed to be only a weekend project, it turned out to be more tremendous of a project then I thought. I will most likely finish by the end of this week.

Level 8
I know about Misc.txt file and putting it in UI, but it seems like your walls are too perfect even for that. IDK I just thought you might have a specific way of doing them, since their is so many so close to each other and all so perfectly aligned.

Level 15
Sooo... what happened to this? are ya going to release the stuff you've made?

It's in the maps section ^-^

Still not completely finished with it. But there's tons of new content, two new bosses, several new monsters (seen in the trailers), a less buggy inventory, new items, new item-types, fixed bugs, fixed tooltips, proper icons have been set, there's a new hero selection screen, abilities have more levels, I implemented an actual soul harvest ability for the witch doctor, and some other stuff.

No one seems to be giving the map reviews so I don't know how to improve it unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.