• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D3W Online Party! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
To celebrate the release of v1.18 this friday, we're arranging a little get together on bnet to play a few games of D3W on the night of the release :) Think of it like an online LAN party? :D

So whether your able to host? or just want to play? join us at 11:00pm GMT+1 in channel "D3W" on the "US East" Server! So thats:

Date: Thursday 30th July

Time: 11:00pm GMT+1

Server: Azeroth US East

Channel: D3W

Anyone can join us! And we'll just keep on going until we're all bored silly :p

If your unsure of the time, go to:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/

and look at the BST (british summer time) one :) I forgot that I'm GMT+1 in the summer xD

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, CloudWolf, it's been a while!
What do you think we make this little party like ...now? :D

Let's say it's a beta or something, just to be sure the game is ready for the big day ;D

Level 2
too sad, I live in germany, and on friday i will be on a rock festival!
probably I will be able to play it on the monday after xD

Level 13
Guys to get it clear. The games wont start at 11:30 in ANY country -_- In sweden its 12:00 like i denmark i believe. Its GMT +1. there aint GMT+0.5 as far as i know -_-
I might be comming. But dont expect too much XD
Btw, wouldnt this be the perfect time for making the D3W clan?

Level 14
Guys to get it clear. The games wont start at 11:30 in ANY country -_- In sweden its 12:00 like i denmark i believe. Its GMT +1. there aint GMT+0.5 as far as i know -_-
I might be comming. But dont expect too much XD
Btw, wouldnt this be the perfect time for making the D3W clan?

You're right, I'll join tommorow then!
Edit: Considering that only 6 players can play it (unless you've changed it in the new v.) will we have groups with 6 players in each?

Level 3
I can host too, although I might not be present because of the League of Legends beta. (Yes, I'm in it)
I'll probably be here, don't ya worry ;)

Level 6
Hey cloudwolf, How will you distribute the map? over battle.net or on your website/Forum?

Level 1
I wasn't aware of this mod till about 5 hours ago... but me and 2 friends played it, and here's my review:

First of all, I've played ALOT of Warcraft 3 rpgs. I literally spend my time downloading and playing them, trying them out. A lot of them are pretty crappy, with basic trigger functionality. I've seen some impressive ones, but they're kinda boring, and still feel like Warcraft 3.

When my friend Kevin discovered a youtube video showing this game, we were both amazed. The video said it would be coming out... about 3 hours before we saw the video. So, we downloaded it, and I watched him play a little... and we knew we had to get our other friend to play with us.

We played it part way through once, but got pwned at the end, and discovered you could trade revivals (DUH! *facepalm*) Anyway, we went in a 2nd time, and we died on the bug boss I believe? One of us did. Or maybe on those crazy rhino things. Anyway, Kevin and I went one more time, and beat it... but not with ease.

I have to say that this is better than some RPG games I've played, that were stand alone. All the graphics and the user interface were fantastic.

But what REALLY blew me away was the inventory system! That was fantastic! I mean... I understand how it's done... but holy crap, that was amazing.

Seriously guys, good work. I will play future maps, and have to say I found little problems. The only one I found was when I summoned my beasts (I was playing the Witch Doctor!), they would someone off the bridge sometimes, but still were able to attack? Yeah.

But anyway, just wanted to say that this map was pretty freaking amazing. I'm gonna go play it on Bnet, and show people how awesome this map is.

And if there's anything I could do... level design, balancing mechanics, etc., I would be more than gladly to help. If not... I'll just spread the word. I really like this map.

EDIT: Also, just so you know, I've done a lot of balancing for my own RPG games.. so I don't have extreme experience... but I know how rpg elements work, and love doing balance work. I'm just saying... If you don't need me, I'll still say great things about this map. Unless it sucks. But so far... it's done a pretty good job of not sucking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.