• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diamond of Summoning Don't Targets Allied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi! I have a big problem with this item (Diamond of Summoning) or (Amulet of Recall)
I want to use one of this items (preferably Diamond) to teleport allied units to me, but this don't work
[Work only with my units] :(

Can someone, please, help me to make a trigger or something to create one item which teleport an allied to me?

Level 19
The abilities are hardcoded to only affect player units. I dont know of another ability that targets units the same way but if that exists one may be able to use it to imitate the same feel and trigger the ability from there. Anyone?

Level 18
I'm sure there's a better solution out there but this works for "summoning" allied heroes. Deff not as cool as Diamond but more of a scroll of town portal type of effect:

• King Summon Red
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Royal Summon (blizzard)
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet King_Summon_Point_Red = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set VariableSet King_Summon_Unit_Group_Red = (Units within 300.00 of King_Summon_Point_Red matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red).) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)).)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at King_Summon_Point_Red using Heavens Gate.mdx
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in King_Summon_Unit_Group_Red and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True [Change this to whatever unit type of you want]
              • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of Player 1 (Red).) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Heavens Gate Channel.mdx
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to King_Vendor_Red
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call GroupClear(udg_King_Summon_Unit_Group_Red)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_King_Summon_Point_Red)
King_Summon_Point_Red is a point variable
King_Vendor_Red is a point variable
King_Summon_Unit_Group_Red is a unit group variable
Royal Summon is a custom spell based on Blizzard, that does zero damage and has 999999 range

Level 11
Sorry.. I didn't give enough details..
All i want is an item which can target an allied unit from anywhere of the map (global range) and teleport that unit(allied) to my unit.

That item must be permanent and with cooldown..

The item must work for team 1 and for team 2(enemy team) in the same way*

Last edited:
Level 18
I think I understand what you want and the above trigger can accomplish that. just get rid of the condition "is ally of play 1 red" and it will summon any hero. yeah? Although it will be more like Amulet of Recall and not as cool as Diamond of Summoning D:

you could make a custom spell based on the ability Blizzard, increase the range, get rid of the animation, and then add that ability to some item that you want to use. Also change the event and condition of the trigger.

I can explain further if this doesn't make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.