• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleport Building - Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
after i looked arround in the threads i found no solution for my problem

i have a building called "Book of Summoning" this Book should have the ability teleport (based on town portal - item, or on mass teleport from archmage) with this spell all units arround the book should be teleported to the HQ or to another book

i tried much things (set books and HQ to townhall, or change the targets of the spells to ground etc.) nothing works

the archmage based skill shows his animations but does not teleport i think its why the caster does not teleport so the units arround him won't teleport

the tp spell says me "select only townhalls" and does nothing, too

pls help me, cryze

Level 9
Can't you trigger it?
make an ability called "Teleport", or something like that, and add it to your Book of Summoning. Then when you target another Book, or HQ, pick all your units around the Book and move them to the desired position.

Something like that should work. At least, that's what I would try to do.
If you want, I can try to make a test map for you, I don't think this spell would be too much difficult to make.
Hope I helped.

Regards

Level 9
i did this before posting here and used the "hammer-throwing"-spell from the mountainking (human) for that, but i cant configure the targets of the spell, that means i can select every building as target (i tried to set them as wall or something but if i do the spell cant select them)

so this is what i actually have but its not perfect ^^

Level 11
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Somespell
    • Actions
      • Set Your_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Your_Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Your_Point)
I don't see why blink shouldn't work.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Somespell
    • Actions
      • Set Your_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Your_Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Your_Point)
I don't see why blink shouldn't work.
You can't move an unit with 0 movement speed (such as a building).

Level 14
Have you tried when your building begins casting the TP ability(that one that does not work), you create a mobile flyning dummy unit (at the possition of the building) with the TP ability and order it to cast the TP to the target point of ability being cast, add a expiration timer so that the dummy unit will be removed after it finishes casting the TP.
The bulding's TP might not work but the dummy's should.

Level 9
if i use this i can also use the way with the "hammer throw" ability and move all units in range of X of casting unit to target point of ability beeing cast

the problem is that i want to teleport the units only to HQ or other teleport building

if i select "only target townhall" and set the buildings i want to "townhall" i can't select them and it say's "only target townhalls with it"

Level 9
You're wrong, defskull, I think that's not what he wants, but you almost got it. He wants the Book to teleport nearby units to another Book or a townhall building. Your spell telepots units to any selected building. I used one of the Peasants to build some buildings and, for example, I was able to teleport units to Farms. He doesn't want that, I think.

Cryze666, the spell defskull made will work for you, but the only thing you have to change is the way the trigger allows the spell to be used. Just check if the targeted building is a Book or if it's a townhall building, and you're done. If it's a book or a townhall, launch the rest of the trigger. If it's not, don't do anything. You should be able to do this with an "If\Then\Else" action.

Hope I helped.

Regards

Last edited:
  • BookfSummoning
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Book of Summing Teleport
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Book of Summoning
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Book of Summoning
                  • (Life of (Picked unit)) Greater than 0.00
                  • ((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
This has leaks and is basic GUI, also if you want to make special effects for the telport place the SFX before and after the move action.

Status
Not open for further replies.