• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] My item abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This would be because of the fact that DotA is not the standard framework for WarCraft III. The teleports in DotA are customly created to work in a certain way, which is not the way default teleportation in WarCraft III works.

Thus, if you want your teleport to be able to target within 600 range of towers only then you'll have to code the entire ability in the trigger editor. To start with, base your dummy ability off of Channel for instance.

Do you understand how to do it this way or should we explain it further?

Level 6
@Licheus... can u explain..?

I already made that one in my map Accuracy of Strike.. yeah i triggered..

its simple...

After a unit starts an ability then move that unit to the position where they want to teleport..

To make it cancellable... put casting time on the ability in the Object Editor..

Use condition to check if there are nearby allied structures..

You can even make an AI command to make AI teleport to certain structures..

Also you can add distance requirement to the ability..

Dota Teleport is just like - Unit - Move Instantly but with added.. "lots of condition" on the trigger..

Believe me it is easy as hell...

Level 6
I already made that one in my map Accuracy of Strike.. yeah i triggered..

its simple...

After a unit starts an ability then move that unit to the position where they want to teleport..

To make it cancellable... put casting time on the ability in the Object Editor..

Use condition to check if there are nearby allied structures..

You can even make an AI command to make AI teleport to certain structures..

Also you can add distance requirement to the ability..

Dota Teleport is just like - Unit - Move Instantly but with added.. "lots of condition" on the trigger..

Believe me it is easy as hell...

and your right

Status
Not open for further replies.