• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo, the Lord of Terror

Well, that's about it. He's the bad guy from the Diablo series.

This is one of those models that you finish but can't be bothered to actually finish them (add portrait, icon and fix visibility/effects). So yeah, sorry for the delay.

I know he lacks teamcolour, but it's a pain in the ass to figure out where to put it without breaking the character.

UPDATE 30/08/21: Complete overhaul of the body proportions.

Thanks to @Spacebuns the model now has a talking portrait.

UPDATE 11/11/21: Fixed a couple of bugs, thanks @Altruistic Anduin for pointing them out!

UPDATE 21*/04/22: Added an attack slam and a walk animation (old animation renamed to walk fast) * Fixed some animations as well.
Previews
Contents

Diablo cinematic portrait (Model)

Diablo icon (Icon)

Diablo portrait (Spacebuns) (Model)

Diablo, the Lord of Terror (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. The animation transfers/edits are smooth and fit the character. Definitely a useful improvement of the model.
I would make his head 1/2 of this size.
Diablo image from HOTS

for example, in Hots and Diablo 2, he had massssive shoulders and a much tinier head. the rest looks amazing though :)
true, I should have checked full-body images before making him. I'll reupload it asap

Edit: Done.

Last edited:
muuuch better! great model!
thanks for pointing it out! I had artistic blindness, I didn't like the result but couldn't point my finger on what was the issue. It happens to me a lot when sculpting (with clay)

Btw @deepstrasz I've also renamed the stand 3 as attack slam

Last edited:
image_2021-11-09_151424.png

So I was checking the model, and saw that a part of his stomach is transparent or see-through. Is this considered clipping or something? There are also some parts that are like that, I believe, just above his ankles below the two small horns are transparent/see-through, and his lower back just above the tail on the second layer of scales/horns.

So I was checking the model, and saw that a part of his stomach is transparent or see-through. Is this considered clipping or something? There are also some parts that are like that, I believe, just above his ankles below the two small horns are transparent/see-through, and his lower back just above the tail on the second layer of scales/horns.
Huh, I didn't notice that. I'll try to fix them.

Level 1
@ Mr Ogre Man
So wait is this a custom diablo model made from scratch? Or... If so.. damnn hella good job!! Verry talented

@ JamesF
Yes there is a possibility.. you can extract anything. You can even port all the models/animations and textures.

@ Mr Ogre Man
So wait is this a custom diablo model made from scratch? Or... If so.. damnn hella good job!! Verry talented

@ JamesF
Yes there is a possibility.. you can extract anything. You can even port all the models/animations and textures.
Nope, I just took the diablo cart model, rescaled it and reanimated it

Preddi gud, great actually, but I don't like the vibrating portrait.

Seriously tho, if you kill every transition frame of pelvis_bind_int and bone_turret his portrait animation won't look like he's on a bike. It's very small request but I believe it helps with immersion.

Preddi gud, great actually, but I don't like the vibrating portrait.

Seriously tho, if you kill every transition frame of pelvis_bind_int and bone_turret his portrait animation won't look like he's on a bike. It's very small request but I believe it helps with immersion.
Sure, that's an easy fix

-done

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi,

I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, imported the files and renamed the files as described in the readme file.

Unfortunately, I have the problem that the model matches the player color (except for the head).
What did I do wrong?
I have only just started to try out the editor.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    218.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    221.7 KB · Views: 58
Hi,

I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, imported the files and renamed the files as described in the readme file.

Unfortunately, I have the problem that the model matches the player color (except for the head).
What did I do wrong?
I have only just started to try out the editor.

Any help is appreciated.
Let me check ingame. Tbh, it looks awesome with different body colours (obviously it'd need some tweaking)
Who wants Teamcoloured versions of diablo? I can make them look like HotS skins

Reforged diablo model has alot of unnecessery thorn spikes on his back randomly positioned....

They should be less and symetricaly position...

What to say , we all know game was canceld and noone surveiled lemonsky art + they made concepts for models alone lol

Anyway gj for seperating standalone diablo from car

this will be a great hero option for a dragon hero arena map project i have on pause. will be a cool choose of heroes for diablo fan's. so i'll take this if you dont mind.

well done work on this one, and thank you Mr Ogre man for this asset's (i'll put the cridit in the description of diablo's hero choose circle of power).

also. once a map i make is finish, am i sending it to any creator ive used model's etc from first, before i upload it puplic.

this will be a great hero option for a dragon hero arena map project i have on pause. will be a cool choose of heroes for diablo fan's. so i'll take this if you dont mind.

well done work on this one, and thank you Mr Ogre man for this asset's (i'll put the cridit in the description of diablo's hero choose circle of power).

also. once a map i make is finish, am i sending it to any creator ive used model's etc from first, before i upload it puplic.
don't worry, I've uploaded this so you guys can use it as you please.