• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III The Borderlands (desert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
diablocaldeum3.jpg

Diablo III - The Borderlands (desert)
by Booody, Hell Gate​

Hello and welcome to my project introduction.
My new Diablo III map is a fast RPG map with many references
to the Diablo III Monk Gameplay Trailer and the Blizzcon 2009 Diablo III Demo:

little video previews:

The heros must find the lost town Alcarnus in the desert of the Borderlands near Caldeum.

Features:

- 5 Heroes: Barbarian, Wizard, Witch Doctor, Monk and Demon Hunter
- Custom triggering based abilities
- Difficulty depending on the player amount
- Random Drop System
- Custom enemy AI
- playable with up to 6 Players
- Custom events
- Epic boss fights
- Diablo Feeling

Project Leader: Booody
Triggerer: Hell Gate
Project English Translator: Vengeancekael

The map is inspired from Cloudwolfs map. I have taken some elements from him into my map. Its released now.

Screenshots:

wc3scrnshot021310183553.jpg

wc3scrnshot022010035851.jpg

wc3scrnshot022010035543.jpg

wc3scrnshot022010035016.jpg

wc3scrnshot022010015454.jpg

wc3scrnshot021310133230.jpg

wc3scrnshot020910151749.jpg

wc3scrnshot020810013019.jpg

wc3scrnshot020710193809.jpg

wc3scrnshot020710193800.jpg

wc3scrnshot02071019888.jpg

wc3scrnshot020710193.jpg

wc3scrnshot020710.jpg

wc3scrnshot020210.jpg

wc3scrnshot012910131759.jpg

wc3scrnshot012210015649.jpg

wc3scrnshot011810135728.jpg

Thanks to the following persons:

Cloudwolf for his fantastic map and the inspiration to this map.
Hell Gate for the trigger systems.
Sellenisko for his custom models.

Recruitment
Searching for:

A Modeler for some model editing or creating
model list:
- dark vessel
- ice mage (tomb)
- lacuni huntress
- desert derwish (with whirlwind animation)
And I need the original Diablo III Icons.:csmile:

You can watch on my german project page for more information: http://warcraft.ingame.de/forum/showthread.php?t=196733

I hope you like my project. I am glad for suggestions, opinions and criticism :csmile:

Last edited:
Level 4
Maybe i can take the translating part, but i don't know if my English is food enough...? 4 Years school English in Germany.
I know your project already from inwc3, pn waspreturn there or pn me here on hive.

Level 14
wow, that's really good looking there, hope you got more to show for the future!

Edit: In the last pic, you need to edit the cliffs there so they don't appear so square

Level 8
So there's another Diablo 3 project, though this one took another approach and recreates the desert parts shown so far.
And I gotta admit that the resemblance to the Gameplay Videos is huge.
I guess you're a texturer and coder?

I'd like to see your spells. So I hope for the demo to come out soon ;>

Level 12
So I have update the Screenshots. Thank you for your positive comments.
The project is already in the beta state. And I plan to release the first full beta version on end of february. Temporary the first version of the map is in german. But it will be translate into english next time :)
To make the map better I need Diablo 3 specific models. I cant make the models myself. And I need the original Diablo 3 spell icons.

I guess you're a texturer and coder?

I have created own tilesets (desert sand, Alcarnus square tiles, tomb tiles). My trigger systems I write in Gui.

For more informations look at: http://warcraft.ingame.de/forum/showthread.php?t=196733

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
lol, another Diablo 3 inspired mod for Warcraft 3!

I like the fact that you're recreating the Borderlands, this will definitely make it stand out from the other maps - You beat me to it ;)

I was going to create the Borderlands, as a sequal to my own project: http://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-iii-the-fallen-angel

I must say you seem to have pull the resemblance off rather good, considering you just used regular Warcraft models, with a few custom made ones.

Good luck with this!

Level 9
Man, I'm going to be honest.

When I first saw the thread screenshot, I thought it was a screenshot from Diablo 3. Then I unravel the Screenshot spoiler and see all the other screenshots and noticed it was in Warcraft III and went to the first one again.

This looks insanely awesome... Crazy kids with your terraining.

Level 12
lol, another Diablo 3 inspired mod for Warcraft 3!

I like the fact that you're recreating the Borderlands, this will definitely make it stand out from the other maps - You beat me to it ;)

I was going to create the Borderlands, as a sequal to my own project: http://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-iii-the-fallen-angel

I must say you seem to have pull the resemblance off rather good, considering you just used regular Warcraft models, with a few custom made ones.

Good luck with this!

Thank you Archian :cwink: I watch your project page for a considerable time an I must say its great. If you want we support ourselves mutualy for the future...

An info: Vengeancekael will be the english translator of the project :csmile:

Level 12
when I saw the first picture I though it was diablo III -.-' but then I found out that it was warcraft III and said to my self: 1mba h0xxOr 4 lyfe. I didn't believe my eyes :). By the way are you sure you dont need a jasser? I could be one IF you need. Then you could just tell me what you need and i'll find or code it.

Good luck.

Level 12
when I saw the first picture I though it was diablo III -.-' but then I found out that it was warcraft III and said to my self: 1mba h0xxOr 4 lyfe. I didn't believe my eyes :). By the way are you sure you dont need a jasser? I could be one IF you need. Then you could just tell me what you need and i'll find or code it.

Good luck.

Thank you :) Yes I can need a jasser for new versions in the future. But for now I release the first beta version without jass. Then we can work in a team.

I have released a Youtube video preview today: :cwink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMTLRvWCIMo

Level 12
Yes I can need a jasser for new versions in the future.

You know jass is just good in the future because its optimized speed. I don't want to discuss jass and GUI now but jass is faster so thats why you might needed it :)
Feel free to pm me and i'll probaly answer within 23½ hours.

btw blizzards diablo III desert really looks like a recreating of diablo II in 3D.

Level 12
You know jass is just good in the future because its optimized speed. I don't want to discuss jass and GUI now but jass is faster so thats why you might needed it :)
Feel free to pm me and i'll probaly answer within 23½ hours.

btw blizzards diablo III desert really looks like a recreating of diablo II in 3D.

Everything at the proper time :) I will pm you then at least. Yes its a remake of the Diablo II desert, but its look much better in Diablo III. I have a few ideas for the versions of the map in future. But now I dont want to keep the people waiting...

Level 12
At the moment I don't got that much to do. So if you tell me some of the systems that are gonna be in jass later on then I could just start coding them. You know it can take long time to code something. Its always good to be in good time.

Level 12
At the moment I don't got that much to do. So if you tell me some of the systems that are gonna be in jass later on then I could just start coding them. You know it can take long time to code something. Its always good to be in good time.

I tell you about the systems if the time has come :csmile:

If you still need a translator I can do so, I have a very broad understanding of the English language.

Thank you for your offer Midnighters, but Vengeancekael will be the english translator currently.

I want to say again, that I need a good modeler for my team. So the map I can make better.

Now the state of the project is nearly finished. I will test and advance it this and next week. Then I can release it...

I have many ideas for the new versions in the future. But I dont keep back it to you now.:cwink:

Level 9
Nice project, i am glad you posted a video over a youtube because your website don't allow me to see those picture. I am from asia region. Is it possible to use image website that is globally accessible to everyone? Like imageshack.us or photobucket.

Subscribed [:

P R O B L E M
E N C O U N T E R E D

Perhaps you can help:
Booody has just told me that some people get kicked out of the game when they're playing on battle.net. IF someone has had such a problem, then please, tell me if you have a solution to this problem!
Thank you.

Uhmm, Booody you do know that you're not allowed to upload the german version here.
Temporary the first version of the map is in german.
So i guess you'll have to wait for me to get finished until you can upload it, but i think it's allowed to attach the german version to your post, instead of uploading it in the database.
Alright guys, the map has been given to me, i will try to translate the map in less than a week :)

Translation Progress: 100%

° Units: Finished
° Spells: Finished
° Messages: Finished
° Interface Text: Finished
° Items: Finished

D O N E

The Map has been sent to Booody

Last edited:
Level 5
This drop player problem can be caused by this Desync

(Example)

JASS:
    if (GetLocalPlayer() == Player(2)) then
        call SetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_STATE_LIFE,45) //I think player 3 get kicked.
    endif

Status
Not open for further replies.