• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIablo -3- [The blazing Massacre]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here I go, my first hosted Project:

Diablo - III - The blazing Massacre

Modders:
Creator: Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Terrain: None Currently.

I am really badly I need of a terrainer that has no problem to use NewGen Editor and some experience!
If I would do the terrain... the map won't be finished in 20 years :(
So please p.m.!

Genre: Action Role Play Game / Hack'n'Slay like the original Diablo

I've got 4 skills for each the Babarian and the Witchdoctor. Aside of whirlwind all trigger enhanced.
The attached map is just a short preview to show what I'm aiming for. A fast paced Hack'n'Slay. Nothing of it is finished, not even barely. But I would like you to get a bit of the correct feeling :)
Don't complain about tooltips, balance, terrain etc. yet. If you find a bug you can post it, though I might be aware of it already and it'll be fixed later.
Later it can be played in multiplayer mode.

Current To-Do List:
Third character the Wizard
Terrain
Creeps
Masses of Triggers
Multiplayability <- great word
Tooltips
Import of some skins/models
Epic Bossfights
I might implant a attribute system as well and I might head towards a special skill system, but let's see.
More Ideas will follow...

Credits:
Sorry if I miss some guys but I'll add you as soon as I remember^^
CloudWolf for inspiring me with his Diablo 3 - Warcraft
Emjrl3 for his Selection System
Panda Mine for his HSAS
Cohadar for PUI
JetFang for his hand effects
Vexorian for his dummy model
Archian for his barbarian modelGeneralFrank for his globes

And in general the whole Wc3c, thehelper.net and hiveworkshop communities.

Updates:
-02-03-2009-
Made the tooltips more appealing
Added more blood variations
Can be tested with 2 players now
Grotesques death got further adapted to the Gameplay Trailer

Attached are some screenshots and the Preview-Test-Map

Note:
If you don't like blood you better don't play this :D
When trying out, don't forget the synergy between the Witch Doctors Summons and Firebomb / Locust Swarm. And there isn't more than this one battle platform yet!!

Last edited:
it looks nice, but really, IT IS NOT THE RIGHT MOMMENT to host this project D:

really, with the diablo3 of CloudWolf, you have no chance of being known, i'm sorry

if i would be you, i would simply change the game name.. and based it on diablo.. instead of making a game that is SUPPOSED to be like Diablo 3,

again, it looks nice, But it is not the right momment to do it D:

Level 8
Well thanks for comments.
I don't join Cloud, because he wanted to work alone when I first asked him and rather encouraged me to do my own map. And now I've got too many ideas that differ from his map, that I stay on my own map.
And I know that Clouds terrain is much better^^ but if you read it clearly I'm looking for a good terrainer right now.

And sure, for undefinable time his map will be "better" than mine but, that doesn't count at all. I mean when Archian and his team finishes their map...

Level 8
Well, I intend to make things different than he has right now, dunno if he changes.
For example the spells he got right now, they don't really fit to what was showed in the trailer. However that's rather according to his JASS skills and I guess someone else is doing these already. But I want to make my map fast paced, which means little cooldowns to allow for a half "chain-casting" as it is in the original game.

I'm looking to invent a lot random stuff, like random monster spawns with mini-bosses and items for sure. [Though he does it as well]

Most parts I do he's done / is doing as well, yet they will differ in how we realize them :>

Edit: Apart from that, there isn't much room left in a game that is based on another. I can't simply add stuff that has few to do with the seen material.

Level 12
In terms of progress, what would you rank your progress in the following?

Terrain:
Units:
Abilities:
Triggers:

Do you have a map layout planned? Ready? Drawn? Do you have heroes designed? Or are they just rehashes of WC3's original data? Do you know using the cliffs in those screen shots limits walking space? Can be tested with 2 players now? What can be tested? An entire map of open space?

You need to work on this map some more if you want a skilled terrainer to jump on board. But honestly, who are you kidding?

Level 2
I'll just have to agree with Mr.goblin, this isn't the right moment.
In my opinion, you should just keep this project in the dark. ^^

Level 8
In terms of progress, what would you rank your progress in the following?

Terrain:
Units:
Abilities:
Triggers:

Do you have a map layout planned? Ready? Drawn? Do you have heroes designed? Or are they just rehashes of WC3's original data? Do you know using the cliffs in those screen shots limits walking space? Can be tested with 2 players now? What can be tested? An entire map of open space?

You need to work on this map some more if you want a skilled terrainer to jump on board. But honestly, who are you kidding?

I do no really get your point. As I've written in the first post this is just a short map preview on how the gameplay will be.
And well no. I haven't drawn a map yet, since I want the terrainer some freedom and I can't simple draw the whole map and it'll fit in the editor afterwards. I was thinking about a rough picture where some areas should be though.

Do you have heroes designed?
Well, I have no clue whether or not you tested the map, but I did all abilities [except whirlwind] by my own so far, and I'm fine with em.

Can be tested with 2 players now? What can be tested? An entire map of open space?
In case you're at that open point... there might be s.th. wrong, I'll check this.

Edit: hmm I remove the map and add an updated version later.
Edit2: Done, test it now :>

Last edited:
Level 10
Here is my thoughts:

-I want to mix your abilities and fast-paced gameplay with Cloudwolf's incredible terrain.

To be honest I really dont like Cloud's gameplay and standard ingame abilities. But your's seems (I only played Barbarian by the way) really cool and Diablo-like. But in the other hand, I never seen such an incredible terrain like Cloudwolf's. You really need a skilled terrainer.

But I support your work. Gameplay and fun always should be on first place.
Work hard ;)

Edit: By the way, please somehow enchant Whirlwind with some trigger effect. I know it is useful now, but people all bored of standard W3 abilities.

Level 8
Thanks for your opinion :O

I totally agree about the whirlwinds eye candy needs to be improved. And I already got a model for it, unfortunately it plays an ugly death animation for some seconds after destroying the effect... And I already asked on Wc3c, thehelpers and here whether someone could remove the animation + death time completely, but the only one who tried it simple removed the animation which didn't work well. Now the stand animation is played during the death time...

I might trigger that, but it would be an unnecessary performance loss to be honest :/

Level 15
You're map looks kind of interesting, and gathering from what was said thus far, pretty promising. I'll try it and get back to you on it in a minute.

Edit: Two words: epic. Win. Totally.

Your map's gameplay feels ridiculously similar to the way it does in the Diablo 3 trailer. You've easily beaten Cloudwolf. Easily. One thing I would like, however, is that do the following:
-add arrow key movement
-add the ability to do an "attack" by hitting a key on the keyboard.
That would make this map golden. Oh, and another thing, I got totally owned with the Barbarian when the abominations came. It may be that I just really suck, but then again, I think you may want to tone down the enemies abit, then heighten the spawns to balance it out.

Edit2: Nevermind about the balance issues. I learnt how to own with both classes now. I CANNOT wait for a full release.

Edit3: In fact, I may even substitute this for the real Diablo 3 until I get money to buy it. Maybe I'll just play this map instead of Diablo 3? Who knows!

Last edited:
Level 9
Diablo 3 doesnt even have arrow key movement I think... Same goes for the attack thing.

Anyway I tried it out and the main thing I like is leaping, if you could share how you did this ability with me I'd be more than happy, as the leap attack in my diablo2 map works fine, but doesn't look as good as this one (the whole blade swing animation gets cancelled by the move unit action).

Level 15
I certainly hope not. This was the best playing Diablo-like map on this website. No offense to you of course, gavdaman. Or anyone else, really.

On a side note, did you stop working on your Zelda project, gavdaman?

Level 15
I believe this has been brought up before, but I'll bring it up again: why don't you and CloudWolf collaborate? His terrain, your heroes?

Level 15
You should make a guy version, just cause'... you know... I'm a guy, and I get uncomfortable when I play as a girl. It makes me feel all... woozy inside.

Well, I am more interested in a good gameplay as in a good terrain. Ye, a good map needs a good terrain, but when gameplay is fun it doesn't count that much. Also you can everytime increase terrain, while the gameplay most times stays the same. I wish you good luck on your project. I guess if its that well as I've already read its possibly beating CloudWolf ones! And for being honest, its everytime better to make your own map, no matter how it will be suck, you'll learn and get new ideas and improvements. Hopeing to be able to test it with you at sometime! :)

Level 15
Ah... so THAT's what you meant. You know, you could just host it on B.net. Unless you can't host, in which case you can't play on B.net.

By the way, since when was playing games alone funny?

Level 8
So, next version is up. If you want to test with me, I'll be on Bnet for the next half hour. Name Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo [northrend / Europe].
I especially need to check whether everything is working in multiplayer so far.

Note: It's still just gameplay stuff... I'm badly in need of someone making the terrain.

Some Changelog Notes:
Added Wizard [male / female]
Add a new creep [dark summoner + (his summon)]
Did some new calculations for firebomb and leap (throw bombs down the edge or leaping over edges will be by far more realistic now)
Did some code work for the docs / babarians skills.

Removed the Diablo 3 theme music because it's not really allowed to do add that... and it adds to much extra load time when I wanna test the map. [Will be added at the final versions though ;O]

Last but not least it would be nice if a Moderator could change the threads topic to "Diablo 3 - The Blazing Massacre".
It looks awful right now^^

Edit: Looks like there's a heavy desync problem at one certain point in the map. I wasn't able to fix it yet, thus you better only play in Single Player.

Last edited:
Level 8
Okay, I got rid of that desync bug and added and updated version.
It would be great if you could terrain for me Mr.Goblin, even if it wouldn't be a lot duo to your time cap.
In the end the map shall be kinda huge, yet I just need some ways and rooms at the moment.
If you would make some parts similar to the Gameplay Trailer that would be cool, yet it isn't necessary.
Thus, in case you'll still be interested tell me again :)

Level 8
Uhm I'm fine as long as you don't implant too many models, especially high sized ones. Because right now, I wanna keep the map little sized. However you can have about 1MB space for stuff you would like to import for a better terrain. [Guess that's quite a lot, since doodads and all that don't take too much size if I consider correctly.]
And you sure don't need to reproduce models of the Trailers.

I am going to sleep a bit now because I was working. Gonna send you a private message in some hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.