• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 - Act 1

Finally my diablo 2 map has been completed! This is Act 1 from the ever so popular DIABLO 2 - LORD OF DESTRUCTION game. This will be part 1 of 5 of a save load multiplayer epic, part 2 will begin to be made when this has been criticized and any bugs have been resolved.

The map experiences minor delay and the occasional stutter, but it is more or less playable beyond this, even with 6 players. It can be saved in single player, but the cheats will kick you from the game if used.

Saving is only possible once the act boss has been defeated, and if you are level 10 or higher (no hell rushing to baal now :p). More information can be found here, at the thread for the map;

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/diablo-2-act-1-orpg-save-load-per-act-114733-post985181/

Enjoy, comment, rate and go kick some demon butt!

Model credits in the maps quest log

New version changelogs

Version 1.01
Lag reduced in multiplayer
Lag eliminated in single player
Stuttering eliminated
Leaks removed
Backpack speed increased
Summoned units move better

Version 1.02
More leaks

Version 1.03
Blood golem is now a hidden unit when not summoned
Rogue encampment redone
Vitality icon changed
Anti pk trigger added
When unlocked, camera pans to warps
Charsi distributes low weapons

Version 1.04
Tooltips updated for some abilities (martial arts etc)
Camera pans fixed so camera wont unlock if already locked
Rogue encampment visible
Selectors no longer speak like children
Catacomb revamp
Less fallen swarms early game
Minor leak fixes
Minor fixes I can't remember as of this moment

Version 1.05
Reachable shortcuts for all abilities
Reachable shortcuts for backpack
Backpack now a unit
'Potions belt' added, heal without having to hold potions
Many new custom icons for spells, items
XP rate bug fixed
Some pathing issues resolved
More leaks removed
Summoned units gain armor
Any many smaller details

Version 1.06
Experience formula fixed
Less welcoming messages
Hotkeys told of better
Akara instantly heals

Version 1.07 (FINAL VERSION)
Minor fixes
Leaks
Town portal usage

Keywords:
Diablo, 2, Lord, Of, destruction, gavdaman88, act, 1, rogue encampment, cloister, andariel, sorceress, barbarian, druid, assasin, necromancer, paladin
Contents

Diablo 2 - Act 1 (Map)

Reviews
23:43, 24th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: This map has six mini moderator votes, two of them being the members of the Mini Jury. I have played this map for a brief period of time and what I have noticed is great terrain. For now Approved status. You...
Level 24
Wow,awesome new version!

It really pays off!

And now you're doing act 2,this is one of the best acts so put all your efforts to it!

I really wonder how you'll make Arcane Sanctuary,it's the hardest terrain piece ever,so good luck with it!

If you'll continue with the acts,why don't you pack them all into a campaign or something similar,it would be awesome!

Level 1
sorry about my poor English lol.......

The traps didnt last the right amount of attacks?<<<< yap =| .

plz fix that.then will be perfect.

Level 9
A335128 I observed the lightning traps many times, and sometimes it looked like only one attack occured at level 1. Eventually I realised that it was still getting in an attack, but the art couldnt be seen. I will fix this for act 2.

And greyarchon... I don't think I used your models :eekani:
Maybe in the next act :grin:

Level 1
Hello,

I Played this map. It looks nice... i didnt play the real diablo 2 before but im a huge fan of warcraft III (the game i played the most and still playing). I like to play the maps of this type like hero def/survival, rpgs, etc. If this map really resembles Diablo 2 (Of-cource I think that it can not be exactly the same as diablo 2 but it may be so close to it), then i immersed myself in the game and great job! Well, there were 3 issues:

1. The Cairn Stones Quest. I found 6 Cairn stones placed in a circle in the stony field, i went there and nothing happened. In the quest description it said you must travel to Tristram. Where is Tristram? or how to do the quest?

2. I couldnt reach a dungen at the top right. Not the most right one (which can be reached from tamoe highLands) but the one next to it. I went until Andariel's liar so, i think the way to the dungen may be in some place i passed through, but i just couldnt find it. I searched, in tamoe highLands, black march, dark woods... but didnt see it.

3. When or how Andariel spwans? After completing the quests? I went to his liar (Andariel's liar) but he didnt show up.

One last question... When does Act1 end? After defeating Andariel or there is still continuation? Thanks for the map!

Level 5
Is the secret cow level implemented and how do you get to it?
If not you should add one, in my opinion you should be able to save items and load on any act so you can do the cow level when your high level with good items since thats how it is on Diablo a constant running to bosses and doing them over and over is what I remember :smile:

Level 9
1. The Cairn Stones Quest. I found 6 Cairn stones placed in a circle in the stony field, i went there and nothing happened. In the quest description it said you must travel to Tristram. Where is Tristram? or how to do the quest?

You didn't find the scroll of innifus in the dark woods, it's after you leave the underground passage and next to the tall tree. Take it to Akara and she will teach you how to open the stones. Right click them all to activate them and the way to Tristram will open.

I couldnt reach a dungen at the top right. Not the most right one (which can be reached from tamoe highLands) but the one next to it. I went until Andariel's liar so, i think the way to the dungen may be in some place i passed through, but i just couldnt find it. I searched, in tamoe highLands, black march, dark woods... but didnt see it.

You didn't search the black marsh well enough :smile:

3. When or how Andariel spwans? After completing the quests? I went to his liar (Andariel's liar) but he didnt show up

Seeming you didn't go to tristram, and didnt save Deckard Cain, he can't give you the quest to kill andariel, so you can go to HER lair :xxd: but she wont be there.

One last question... When does Act1 end? After defeating Andariel or there is still continuation? Thanks for the map

When andariel dies. The quest continues in act 2 which I am making now (save load system). And thankyou for playing!

Is the secret cow level implemented and how do you get to it?
If not you should add one, in my opinion you should be able to save items and load on any act so you can do the cow level when your high level with good items since thats how it is on Diablo a constant running to bosses and doing them over and over is what I remember

The secret cow level is actually in this map, but I will not tell you how to get to it. That is for you to decide, be creative and have a good look around the encampment once andariel dies. As for item saving, I didnt make enough to make items stretch across 5 acts, so they get too powerful to start the next act with when you get them. Instead you will begin with normal gear that gets better as the acts continue.

Level 5
Yeah but still, doing the secret cow level at level 14-20 is hilarious, you should at least make it so only 5 people can kill him and it gives better drops my friend soloed cow king at lvl 9.

Necromancers last ability in summoning skeletal mastery does not work for me it seems....

Level 9
I know the level isn't the same, but I'll make a more 'extreme' cow level in act 5 that realistically portrays the true difficulty of the cow level. As for skeletal mastery are you sure? It is easy not to notice this ability activate, as a few seconds after you learn it skeleton health, attack speed and damage will jump up. I have tested this with every player slot and found no bugs, so I am unsure why this would not work for you.

And giving drops would be pointless as it is the last boss of the act and items can't save. It's all about the xp.

Level 7
Cow level what the #"%#¤# are you talking about :grin:
Is thís serious or just something you said for fun.

And btw Zaplobe Andariel is a SHE :razz:

Level 9
Why thankyou!

Also, a new ability modification in act 2 will be the blood golem. It now functions much better, forming a 50% spirit link between it and the necromancer, and lasting until it dies (health reaching 0).

(I knew you'd find this useful seeming from memory you chose to be a necromancer)

UPDATE

Load codes have been tested in act 2 under production. They work flawlessly so keep them on you guys!

And act 2 will not have a single leak if i can help it. At the moment I'm ironing out the last 15 or so. Got rid of about 120 since act 1's release

Last edited:
Level 7
woohoo final version and thx for the link about the cow lvl.
But still it says that you have to kill baal first and you havent made him yet. :grin:
Anyway im realy realy realy (and so on) looking forward for act 2 :thumbs_up:

Off topic :fp: my 100 post ! :mwahaha:

Level 9
Oh jesus woops.... that would be because I made an 'uber tristram' back in the day when this map was only going to be act 1. And uber baal triggered the opening of the cow level.

I'd change it and make v1.08 but its pretty minor, thanks anyway!
And grats on teh 100th post

Act 2 is nearing completion, maybe another week of making units and placing them and it's ready

Also thanks for the approval bounty hunter!

Level 1
there is a bugg with necromancer when i played with 2 of my other friends. His skelly and blood golem was following the amazon instead of the necromancer for some odd reason. When he make new skeleton, it just teleported to the amazon and supported that class.

Level 1
GREAT MAP. I was thinking of making a Diablo 2 map and this just blew my ideas out of the water.
+ identify system- really captures the way diablo 2 works
+ scroll system (although its annoying scrolls dont go to belt)
+ belt/backpack system was brilliant
+ inventory system- only one of each type of item. The only issue is that you can have a shield while using a bow at the same time? wtf? I would have made a one handed weapon category, a 2 handed weapon category, and shields, so that wouldnt happen.
+ Amazon bow system-its great that she can switch back and forth from range and melee depending on her weapon. I only wish this could be extended to other heroes.
+ terrain and atmosphere were great, lot like diablo

suggestions/negatives:
perhaps use portraits from diablo 2 like the diablo 2 duel maps do
javelins dont seem to be in the game?
you can use bow skills without a bow and javelin skills without a javelin- should make it so those skills are dependent on the right weapon
bows and javelins have no ammunition
no separate models/animation for melee/bow/javelin zon -- likewise
no bow or ranged weapons for other heroes
shield can be used with 2 handed weapons?
No real bear form for druid
no werewolf form

Last edited:
Level 1
You should have items save, and be able to load across all acts, and at any point, the best thing about D2 was that you could do what you wanted when you wanted, including go back to easier acts at higher levels and repeat things for items. Also limiting the amount of each class to 1 per game is kinda just SOL for whoever is slow.
If you don't want to change that at least make the code at the end stay on the screen for more than 20 seconds, I normally type it, paste it into my wc3 saves file, then screenshot, I didn't have enough time for a screenshot or to double check it, and it's a relatively short code.
Also there's a lot more items than there should be in act 1, I had an ancient armor before I even got to the black marsh.
Good map but the limited save / load seems like it'll limit the whole set of 5 acts to 1 playthrough, maybe 2, but finding people for more than 1 whole playthrough might be difficult.

Level 8
Loved this map :)
used about 2 hours to get to lvl 10 :p
But I wish that you could have loaded your hero to play act 1 again and again.
Because now theres nothing I can do but wait until act 2 comes :/ and I would have loved to play the whole act again with my lvl 10 druid instead of starting a new char.
When will act 2 be released? :p I would rate this 4/5 :)

Level 2
i must tell you that this is an amazing map, but there are a few distinct changes from diablo to your map. 1. fallen shamans dont exist in blood moor. 2. akara only sells minor pots and sells wands, staffs and orbs not Charsi. 3. you should make the bows available for all classes like in the game. 4. make the stash able to store gold to be able to save some gold in case of dying. 5. and you should try to use models without weapons and use attachment models from items to show weapons, its not so important but it would make the game more diablo like. 6. Should add Scepters for paladins. everything else is really good.

Last edited:
Level 9
Back again just to see how people were going, and unfortunately act 2 wont be happening, I just dont have time for warcraft anymore :cry:

If I can find it I might submit the map up to where it was when I stopped (Arcane sactuary). The whole act was mapped out I just had to create the enemies really, but some proved to be irritating to make (mostly the sand leapers and scarab beetle explosions)

Take care hive workshop, and for those who play this map still, enjoy it!

Level 4
Fixes required:

-Potions should be slightly stronger;
-Hp and mana growt per level (it does increase per level in D2);
-Stash couldn't hold item for Paladin only, problem probably arises with other class only items;
-Give Sorceress Charged Bolt on lvl 1 instead of teleport;
-If item ccanot be picked up because the same type is already in the inventory or is for another class, should be moved to the backpack automatically;
-Once camera is -unlocked it's still changing it's angle (annoying);
-Potion of Rejuvenation immediately heals 33%, not over time;
-Paladins Smite shouldn't have casting animation, but attack;
-Paladin should have a Footman model;
-Sell possibility for Backpack, I personally had an Homunculus (not like I was poor) but there was no possibility to sell it, as we had no Necromancer in our team;
-Amazon gets damage from Str (?!);
-Agility shouldn't increase attack and movement speed, just chance to hit and/or avoid an attack;
-Teleport has too long casting time;
-Different spell leveling system could be useful, instead of having 4 auras when 3 were in use, I'd level just one;

If I get some more, I'll write it down.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I liked it but not at its fullest:
-the backpack system is a time consumer; surely there was no need for it to be that complex; a backpack that could, by clicking, drop or pick items would've sufficed
-the belt cannot drop potions or at least use them for mercenaries
-there need to be hotkeys in the description of spells
-the town portal does not open in the camp but outside it; it does not disappear after the players get back in (like in DII, it's not a bad idea but then why the waypoints?)
-scrolls of town portal and identify do not get into the backup after they're picked but rather just disappear
-class specific items cannot be sold by other classes
-entrances should be marked on the minimap (for instance like in DII)
-if potions are bought and the maximum capacity has already been reached, the money still is taken away
-players can enter Tristram's portal without it finishing its spawn animation
-the camera is annoying; it's like an inverted axis mouse; the angle "blurs" the direction on the minimap
-bosses just stand there and attack without trying to outsmart the player; some spells that are cast from a distance on them make them run instead of going towards the caster
-the archers in the cathedral are blocked by benches and blazers; melee players can't reach them and cannot take their loot
-the terrain is mostly flat

I also have no idea how to imbue an item at Charsi's blacksmith.
As a RPG fan I'll give this map more than it deserves.

Level 2
Although this map seems to pend forever, it reproduces diablo II quite quite vividly. Some bugs like portal glitch exist in reforged, but they don't influence the whole progress. I think it took great effort making this map.