• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2:Act 1 Adventure

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: -Kobas-
Contents

Diablo 2:Act 1 Adventure (Map)

Reviews
11:29, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 30
oh a new fella! welcome aboard in the hiveworkshop! I hope you read the FAQs and Rules here in this website.

since you already uploaded a map, I want you to use these BB codes for you to make a good description. if you still don't know a jack of these things, It would be nice if you can read and apply -Kobas-'s Templates. well good luck and happy map-making!

Level 10
Hmm, I tested your map by myself, and this map doesn't seem to have much of a Diablo II feel to it.

Especially because of the cinematic at the beginning and the hero selection and the fact that you choose your Hero with a peasant. I think you should have had it where you choose your Hero by clicking on it twice (like in Diablo II). And also, the terrain looks nothing like the terrain in Diablo II, it looks a lot different, especially since there are hills on this map and D2 is a 2-Dimensional game. And you have all of these wierd items and spells, which really makes it more like a mod for D2. And the barbarian model is a Felguard/Bloodfiend. That should really be changed to something like the Beastmaster. And there is a big long line of waypoints, Charsi is a guy, the Scroll of Town Portal has 5 charges, the Necromancer doesn't need a corpse to summon a skeleton, the monsters seem stronger than they did in D2 (fallen, skeletons), unlike D2 there are skeletons in the Blood Moor, you got these cages that are really strong that drop items, gold does not drop, you just get bounty like in regular Wc3, the creeps sleep at night, etc.

I could probably go on forever (well, at least 2-3 hours) about the many different ways that this map is a lot different from D2.

Despite the fact that this map is nothing like D2, the terrain is still pretty nice. But the thing is, the terrain in D2 Act 1 is very plain and dark and there isn't many trees at all. Not saying that you should screw up the terrain to make it look more like D2, just saying you should consider calling the map something else and making it your own RPG based off of D2. It's still a pretty map.

Oh, and one more thing, the description that you have here on THW is inadequate. You will need to improve it with BB Codes.

I think this map deserves a 3/5, even though it disappointed me. :wink:

Level 3
Oh,thank you slayer 14 for the comment,and for orcnet,i'm new in the hive and doesn't know any of those bb codes or anything.i just know smilies,uploading,PMing.

i am now working on about 10 my map right now,they aren't posted in the hive.
they are:DotA Golden,space marines(modern warfare like dota),gunfight arena,sniper,and other almost all i do them by myself!. :goblin_cry: ,and you know what:
I'M STILL 11 RIGHT NOW!!!

Level 30
I know BB codes are hard to understand when it comes to new members, but map description is important here in this community.

speaking of presentation, I see your map was rejected because of multi-uploading, multi-upload of two or more same maps are not allowed in the hiveworkshop. I hope you first read the rules before jumping in on goodies and such. don't worry, if you ever need help, try talking to other members here about maps. including me