• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 - Act 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
These are some screenies from a side project of mine that aims to emulate Diablo 2 act 1. Thus far the map has been completely terrained and had abilities done so I thought I'd show some shots here. I didn't intend for these to be 'terrain' works but I still thought they'd be interesting considering the huge fanbase of this game, and the lack of good Diablo 2 maps.

Enjoy

Attachments

• barracks.jpg
    barracks.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,585
  • black marsh.jpg
    black marsh.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 901
  • blood moor.jpg
    blood moor.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 887
  • burial grounds.jpg
    burial grounds.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,248
  • cold plains.jpg
    cold plains.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 730
  • dark woods.jpg
    dark woods.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 620
  • dungeon wip.jpg
    dungeon wip.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,215
  • forgotten tower.jpg
    forgotten tower.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 771
  • inner cloister.jpg
    inner cloister.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 564
  • moldy tome.jpg
    moldy tome.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 886
  • monastery gate.jpg
    monastery gate.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 959
  • rogue encampment.jpg
    rogue encampment.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,965
  • stony field.jpg
    stony field.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 699
  • tamoe highlands.jpg
    tamoe highlands.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,011
  • the cave.JPG
    the cave.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 536
  • tristram.jpg
    tristram.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,343
  • underground passage.jpg
    underground passage.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 559
Level 12
Im guessing that the first screenshot is the Smithy and the fourth is the Sisters Burial Grounds. Though you are right there are not any good maps of diablo and that is because Diablos world is to big i think.

Level 34
Well I don't know my Deiablo well enough, it's been a long time. It looks good for an RPG. Terrain wise, it's good for playable, but as terrain art, not so great.

Level 9
Cheers for the criticism, and the custom unit response... not enough room to host it and join fast. The size is only about 2-3 mb at the moment with music also.

As for floating doodads, I noticed them just then and fixed them and well the sky wont be seen in game :p

The game uses a locked camera behind the hero too which will add to the amount of terrain you can see.

As for hero/ability progress, I've basically completed the sorceress and the assasin but I'm having trouble balancing the frozen orb (as the spells can be spammed diablo 2 style). May possibly remove frozen orb, even if it is such an awesome spell.

For those familiar with the game, I've basically made the assasin a trapsassin, and am now trying to finish off a shapeshifting/elemental druid. The necromancer has been complete and uses a combination of summons and bone spells, the barbarian will have battle orders, whirlwind and possibly a jump spell if it can be used without glitches (unlikely). I still havent quite decided what build to make the amazon, but im leaning towards a bowzon with lightning spells. When I've done more of this map I'll create a map thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.