• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 1 fans, what version do you currently play?

What version of Diablo are you currently playing?

• Diablo 1 - Patch 1.09a (Battle.net version)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Diablo 1 - Previous patch (who knows maybe you just like a previous verssion)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diablo 1 - Hellfire (the one and only expansion! 1.00/1.01 patch doesn't matter)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Diablo 1 - Awakening (Diablo 1 mod)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diablo 1 - The Hell (Hardest version yet!)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Diablo 1 - HD Mod (Belzebub)

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The Title is most simple. The detailed version of the title would include, what version of Diablo 1 do you currently play? There is variety of patches, Expansions/Mods that make the game different. so which version are you currently playing?

Feel free to comment on version you have played previously, perhaps even include how far you got and what character you played, but when you vote, please only vote on the current ONE you have most recently played.

Level 21
i played the release version recently. patches is a nightmare to find and version 1 can not connect to battle.net. the rogue appears to be the most balanced there. i tried hellfire but it could not find my diablo cd and as such i was forced to play the original. hellfire adds about 50% more content. 2 new 4 level dungeons, new spellbooks, new quests and new equipment.

Level 11
windows 10 is kind of messed up when it comes to compatibility but, if you have an old windows cd laying around you could use virtual and install that system with diablo. another thing you could try is compatibility mode.

I was thinking about using an emulator, like DOSBox, to play Diablo 1 if the problem is an unfixable Win 10 operating system compatibility issue. If that will work out, of course.

Level 21
dosbox is for dos games while diablo only runs in windows. even if you got windows working in dosbox you would still be unable to run diablo well. virtual pc should work as that is able to run windows in windows but, you need a windows cd with boot sector. windows 95 compatibility mode is another option you could try as the game was made for windows 95.

Level 11
dosbox is for dos games while diablo only runs in windows. even if you got windows working in dosbox you would still be unable to run diablo well. virtual pc should work as that is able to run windows in windows but, you need a windows cd with boot sector. windows 95 compatibility mode is another option you could try as the game was made for windows 95.

I guess I will play around with the compatibility settings then. Diablo 1 is a great game, I hope Blizzard patches it and releases it on Battle.net some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.