• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devine's model gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
First of all, welcome back!

But second, the Dalaran tower building has over 17000 polys....

Still, 4mb limit is stupid. Honestly, the best mods I have played for games, are the ones that are 500mb or more. lol Ah well, it is MP I guess.

but it just has so many faces because they did not made it like the goblin alchimist model....

they added the whole model multiple times just to create the effect you can see in the birth animation. (it has 2444 faces without it)

Level 31
but it just has so many faces because they did not made it like the goblin alchimist model....

they added the whole model multiple times just to create the effect you can see in the birth animation. (it has 2444 faces without it)

Ah. I see. So, generally the highest it gets in WC3 is around 4000. (Town centers)

Anyway, as Pyritie has graciously shown me, there is a poly limit in WC3. But, it is not that low. Computers are better now adays lol. 500 doesn't have to be the standard anymore. We can ramp it up to 3000. (Which is the supposed site limit, yet models are rejected because they are 1000 polys all the time.)

Anyway, nice models! I just looked at the rest.

Level 30
Still needs a crapload of improvements and the polycount is 850
But here he is, the douchebag.
The model's torso is based of a wc3 unit. Which one?
The one that guesses right gets rep.
the rules:
Post your guess allong with a comment about the model in this thread.
Only 2 guesses per person.
Do not edit your comment or you'll be disqualified.

Attachments

• behold.jpg
    behold.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Level 30
Hey mate, it look superb but can i suggest that the ears on the wolf have more detail if possible and so the claws look more sharper? Still a great model!
^^ It's not really black,
a plane has a back and a front side. the ears are turned around so you can only see black. But in magos, I can make the plane 2sided so you can see both sides.

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The shoulders are like the blizz ones, so it's nice. If you're making a Frostwolf raider, the texture is good, but, if you're making other raider, maybe use magnataur or mammoth texture...

And, by the way, the torso is based on a footman or captain?

Level 30
No nazghul but a Powerfull, evil, ancient mage.
Kinda like an undiscovered nerzhul.
Evil that was there before nightelves created the burning legion ...
All seeing etc ... Usually sitting in his throne in his gigantic castle, reading books ...
He floats ... no legs you see =/

Attachments

• ancient one.jpg
    ancient one.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 118
Level 30
It's the texture. It makes his lower torso and legs look like a giant steel robot.
I kinda intended that ... I'm still not sure what it'll be a rob or a dark knight dude ... but I'm thinking of a combination :D
But it doesn't necesairily have to be robot legs =P
Maybe use thrall's armor? Other than that, I can't say I know.
I thought of that but that has gold in it ... wouldn't fit the color scheme imo.
Just the fact that you got it to look that good, with that texture, is rep worthy in my book. So +rep.
Yay thanks =P

Level 30
So I'm going to create this army of modern warfare crafts in my free time and here's the first:

HTU157 copy.jpg

Name: HTU-157 (helicopter)
Function: This helicopter is heavily armored but has no offensive function whatsoever. Its main goal is to complete transporting missions. This very strong heli is great for transporting a very expensive cargo, dangerous convicts or dropping foodsupplies in times of war. It's weight is 470 tons and it can load a cargo of 290 tons. With a very strong magnet, the heli can load 5 smaller cargos or 1 very big one. Every arm, supported by a rotor, can load one cargo of 42,5 tons, The main magnet can hold 120 tons. Its maximum speed is 229 km/h and its maximum altitude is 7,3km.

History: The craft was designed by the Belgian enineer, Mr. Jan in 2010 and it's first generation was produced in May 2011. It was first used by the Belgians in february 2012, world war 3. The enemy was overwhelmed by it's great speed and cargo possibilities since it was kept secret from the world to be used as a special weapon. It's still used nowadays for transporting important, rich people.

Current mesh statistics

Updated: added frame arround the glass of the cockpit for extra defence and wrapped the whole thing.

• vertexcount: 1232
  • polycount: 2212

Last edited:
Level 30
Dancing sword revised

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...132130/?prev=of=downloads&o=ASC&r=20&status=p

You may remember this model made in my nooby times. Other than that version, the new version was animated in milkshape, not in oinkerwinkle's notetrack. The mesh was also made in milkshape. Both animations and mesh look a whole lot better imo. They're both still on the hive ... Because the old version ... well ... could be useful, still.

Status
Not open for further replies.