• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with fixing model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I made a model in 3ds max and then animated in milkshape. The animations plays fine in milkshape, but when I export it to a mdx. The model totaly screws up while playing any animation. Just look at this picture.
WIP sword.png

And here is some of the animations played in milkshape.
http://img210.imageshack.us/i/4om.mp4/

And I uses this exporter http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=86308.

The mdx file:
View attachment SandreaverAnimated.mdx
The milkshape file:
View attachment Sandreaver Milkshape.zip
Any help is appreciated.

Level 12
Not zeroing the joints was definitely the problem. Ugh, i cant count the times that the same thing has screwed me over lol. the only solution is to start over.

Yeah, I was done with the animations again two days ago, but I'm not home so I can't publish my model yet, but soon.

Edit:
I have some question that need answer before I can upload it.

I've made 3 stand animations, and what shall I set the rarity on them in model editor? I've set the stand 2,3 on 20, but in world editor it keeps playing stand 1.

Shall all animations be non-looping, or shall some animations be looping?

Last edited:
Level 26
a normal stand animation( just some simple moving which you would do when standing) should have a rarity of 0, a stand animation that involves looking around should have a rarity of 2-4 and some special stand animation (like stretching, smoking a cigarette or what else you could imagine) should have a rarity of 5-7.

these animations should be looping: stand, walk
these animations should be non looping: attack, death, dissipate, decay, spell, morph

Level 12
a normal stand animation( just some simple moving which you would do when standing) should have a rarity of 0, a stand animation that involves looking around should have a rarity of 2-4 and some special stand animation (like stretching, smoking a cigarette or what else you could imagine) should have a rarity of 5-7.

these animations should be looping: stand, walk
these animations should be non looping: attack, death, dissipate, decay, spell, morph

Thanks for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.