• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A little problem with model export [Milkshape 3D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone! First of all, sorry for my english, cause i speek spanish ^^

I have a question about models in Milkshape 3D.
A friend of mine created a model in Milkshape 3D. The animations and the bones looks great, but when i save it as .MS3D an import it with War3modeleditor, the bones squirm and the model animations and animations are completely deformed :S
I exported the model with the Milkshape 3D default MDLX pluggin but it happends again.

Bones are OK

Bones looks bad in War3ModelEditor

The animations is ok but the bones are bad and the animations looks bad...

What's wrong? How can i fix this bug? did i need a custom milkshape mdx exporter?

Well, thanks a lot!
Thank you very much! :)

Level 7
Wow, u are great! ^^
I have a little problem...i am not expert with Milkshape, so, when can i see the animation frames? I animate it but i can't see the frames.
I can see the TIMELINE but it don't show the frame number :(

Thanks a lot!!!

Level 31
Wtf? Why doesn't it show it?
It should be there:

Attachments

• Frames.jpg
    Frames.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 230
Level 7
Well, i founded the frame, i followed ALL the steps but it don't works...the bones are ok but the rotation of the bones continues bugged and the model looks like gelatin...

Level 7
YES!!! Now the skeleton is in the right place!!!!
But the model is bad joined, for example, the head of the raptor is joined to the "right feet" skeleton o_O
The animations are great and the bones are animated but the model is bad joined :S
Can i fix it?

Last edited:
Level 7
i don't created the model! it was created by my friend! the model look perfect in milkshape 3d and animates, but when i convert it to .MDX with all the things you gived me, it moves like gelatine and the vertices are joined to a ramdom bone (but in milkshape, it is ok)...

Status
Not open for further replies.