• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devil May Cry Project Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I really need advice from you guys in regards to the plausibility of creating a physics engine which will entail wall jumping through interconnected libraries of a jumping system, a jumping spell that initiates the jumping and an attacking spell library, which if initiated after the jumping spell will create a jumping slam animation from Dante. Maybe even adding the ability to use Ivory and Ebony, making Dante increase his height momentarily when he shoots. Devil form will probably not be included as I haven't found a model for it.

The animations are set (although the model creator did not specify all the anims) and the triggers are possible to create. The only thing i am worrying about is will wc3's engine be able to work in a decent performance if the system is efficient? (I am planning to use JASS, as structs are simply compiled JASS) And if so, how many plays would you think it can withstand? (so i can choose the number of players that can play in the game)

I am asking this because i created a third person camera that had an iteration of 0.15 seconds but slowed down the game if 8 players used it (even without calculation of AoA and Z offset). It was quite dissapointing and I really don't want to begin working very hard on this project's systems and animation queing if itll only end up like the last project i worked on.

Thanks for your time

Level 10
yooo man sup :)

yea problem is most ppl will be jumping around msot of the time, evading dmg etc.. :/

but i also saw the entity engine of hindyhat and it doesnt seem to lag a multiplayer game, so hopefully this can work. thanks for your input man

perhaps a 3v3 or 4v4 would be max i reckon :O

btw send me your bnet acc name so we play together in bnet or something bro :O

Level 10
Btw man you did see the cinematic angles in DMC1 right? Since your a cinematic expert ;)

Maybe devise good angles and help me out with project? maybe even be a partner?

The third person cam in this map entails absolutely no change in AoA etc, just a 2.5 timer iteration to reset values.

so? ;)

Level 10
Yo king_drift_alex, since your a coder maybe you want to join my project? its in the project recruitment section. I finished some amount of the code, not all of it, its hard integrating the attack, wall jump, and jumping to create walljumping, attack jumping and normal jumping, along with colliding with destructables :O The attacking still hasn't been executed but iv set most of the booleans that are needed, code will be hard and your assistance is welcomed tho ^^

Last edited:
Level 10
Definitely, though i am not really going to be able to finish the project without a modeler, terrainer and animator. I also wanted a coding partner because its hard :] Your definitely right, and its really depressing to see that people keep disliking/ignoring my ideas, even an amazing hack-n-slash map, very annoying.. I mean can you believe no one wants to join a hack-n-slash map? seriously? Over overrated RPGs just to be made for their inventory system? Might as well quit mapmaking again..

p.s: I will make this map work, it is definitely possible, it just needs time and effort, ofc can't do this map alone.

Level 11
well..
each unit that jumps is added onto a group/units count..

then when attacking, check if that unit is in the group?
(If unit is back to ground, remove him for the group/count..)
hope i helped..
if you still want me to help you with the project, ill love to..

Status
Not open for further replies.