• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devil May Cry - PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This 4v4, Hack-and-Slash game will be a player vs player game that is placed in an arena. Each player will control one hero (Dante) and will be able to also do many of the things that can be done in the Devil May Cry 1 gameplay. I am skeptical as to adding a devil trigger mode if it will include even more hardcore programming. The player will also be able to buy different weapons (default is Force Edge, Alastor etc can also be bought from shops (aka Divine Statues) ). Guns will also be used such as Ebony and Ivory.

Pros:

Some generic features:

- Devil May Cry Interface (hopefully, if there is a UI skinner for the project)
- Third person camera (only fixes the AoA and Distance to target of the unit every like 2.5 seconds, not something that will hinder game performance at all)
- No auto-attack, attack will be done by pressing the A hotkey (a custom ability), jump will be by J (yet again another spell ofc).

This game will feature many physics-related movement such as:

-The normal jump
-The attacking jump
-Walljumping
-Colliding with destructables (such as walls)and therefore losing height momentarily until it reaches 0 (unless if you waljump).
-Air raid and flying for Devil Trigger mode.

Cons:

- Moving will entail using the move ability, no WASD or Arrow Key Movement, as the arrow key movement has a preset delay and correct WASD key movement in wc3 is impossible at the current state.

Some hardships with these functions are:
-The integration of walljumping, attacking and jumping
-Collision of destructables require a manual Occuluder height set, so I must find or develop a library to get the exact height of destructables.
-If attacks are going to be in a frontal or hoizontal arc, formulas must be set for them.

Recruitment:

-A modeler to create the dante model, and the devil trigger model.

-An animator to handle the animations of dante and the devil tigger model.

-A JASSer or vJASSer (preferably no structs as my core system i developed for the physics do not use structs) needed to partner up with me in triggers (i finished alot for the jumping, so I will expect a decent amount of work to be done by the coder.

-A terrainer that will strategically terrain the map as wall jumping, jumping and moving from platform to platform in Devil Trigger mode will be an essential part of the game (I will definitely help you out in this area, and hope other members of the proejct will as well).

+OPTIONAL: A UI skinner that will create a UI that will be similar to Devil May Cry

+OPTIONAL: A person that will make a soundset for Dante, if not it can still be done through triggers

-I will be handling mainly the triggering but will help with map ideas, assisting other project members, dealing with unit constants and object editor.

*I don't mind removing the devil trigger mode from the game, as it may be very hard for the modelers, the triggering would be simple for this aspect though.

*PLEASE NOTE.. I need GOOD mapmakers for this project, as the modeling, terraining, skinning and most especially coding will need to amazing to copy the Devil May Cry gameplay. THIS WILL BE ONE OF ITS KIND AS A STYLE OF MAP, AKA Hack-N-Slash, including hardcore movement and gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.