• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devil May Cry Survival/PvP Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello everyone,

I want to create a survival / pvp map based on Devil May Cry.

Features:
- 3rd person camera (completed, made by me and works fine)
- NO arrow key movement, even if 3rd person camera
- Combos system (probably)
- Additional spells unique to each player
- sounds played when hero uses combo/ability
- fighting is based on micro, rather than auto attack
- Characters : Virgil, Dante, Nero and perhaps others

Any Ideas for the gameplay mechanics? Not sure a survival map would be too famous, while a PvP map would probably be the better choice but not that many characters in devil may cry. Need your help guys, Thanks :)

If you want to see the third person camera, just ask me. I don't want anyone to copy my code and possibly not give credits since i worked hard on it.
I would really love it if there was a terrainer or even a triggerer to help me out here. Especially a terrainer and general mapmaker.

Level 7
i don't quite understand the word "micro" in there, you mean there would be something like me hit, then you, then me again, then you?

other than that, i never played Devil May Cry, but i like the Diablo-like maps, so T-UP for that.

the maps are not famous because they are survival or PvP or TD or etc. they are famous because the excellent work and effort put in it.

other than that, i don't know what to say. if you decide to make it, i might help you with terrain but i'm not promising anything, i might not have enough time.

good luck with your project :)

Level 10
@magIc_seeKer, Yo man by "micro" i mean you have the ability to determine when to attack through using a hotkey rather than auto attack. This also goes for attacks like sword attacks, gun shots etc (look at devil may cry gameplay, gun+sword are the basics). Basically its like when you play street fighter or any fighting playstation game, you press a button to attack and another to defend. In addition you can also combo or jump or whatnot :)

Btw as for diablo, yea alot of work was put in it for sure. It features typical ideas such as inventory through trackables i think? Anyways im thinking about creating a totally unique map in terms of gameplay.

Basically it is going to be a Hack-N-Slash game in warcraft!

* Only issue is that i need more models so that more players can play. There is only Vergil, Dante and Nero which means only 3 players can participate. I also definitely need partners for this, since it will be time-consuming else i wouldnt even start it. (i already finished the third person camera, but im not so sure if i should start the whole project if no one is willing to help, its too much work for one person)
good luck with your project :)
Thanks bro and i'd love it if you will be my terrainer! it is definitely a challenge to create a devil may cry environment (just look at its images man xD)

Tell me if you want to see the camera system, it'll show you just how much terrain will affect the gameplay and awesome graphics ;P

Level 7
thanks for explaining the "micro", i understand now.

oh well i watched the trailer and wow, it's one bad ass game :)

yes, you are right, the terrain is very hard to do :eek: especially if it's a modern-like game style. I can't help you much then :(

it's a very ambitious project, good luck with it :p if you need any ideas just post them here :p

Level 10
@magIc_seeKer, man all that matters is that you try and like the project. Im no vexorian but we can do this man. I just wish i can get over that obstacle with the character models ;P ... and that we can assemble a team >_<

So far the good dante model i found is almost 1 MB haha

Status
Not open for further replies.