• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devil May cry arena/hero defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I want to create map that is skill based arena/hero defence (you can decide the mode). The system will be based on comboing and there wont be normal attacks.

I need terrainer, item maker, triggered so pretty much everyone is good if you are good in what you do. Since i dont have too much time due school I want to make a group project. (i personally do the basic combo system/spells)

I got the idea from devil may cry 4. Dantes trickery skill is pretty fun to use, but I want to make it more efficient and PvP/team possibilities.

So I created a sample map how the system would be. The basic idea in the combo system is like this: You do attack, after that you can do second attack (you have to do it fast or it will be like normal attack). And by combining many attacks you can kill your enemies very fast, and evade the attacks.

I hope people can see the potential in this, since the sample map is just really sample how it would work.

Youtube video:
YouTube - DMC4 - Dante - DMD Echidna

Attachments

• dante.JPG
    dante.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 237
  • Dante.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 67
Level 10
So do you do jass? Can you implement things like a knock back system and such? If you can then I support this idea, I've wanted to make a DMC map for some time. I haven't tried your demo (maybe will soon) but if it works like mentioned then it is a good place to start :thumbs_up:

I can do everything except jass and animation ( ie. GUI, Skinning, Modeling, Terraining and Icons). With modeling I can animate... I just don't have software that supports converting it.. so I can only make static models (like doodads for terrain, but if I find someone who can animate them I can make spot-on character models.)

I'm interested in trying to terrain the DMC arena, so if you have an area from one of the games I could use for inspiration let me know and I'll get started on it (preferably an area with a screen shot, I can't be fucked going to my parents place to dig up the games and console lol).

EDIT -

To add to that, I think it should be a hero arena pvp style, with randomly spawning creeps for extra income and xp so there is constant DMC chaos going on. Also, I think things like Dante's different specs should be included as different heroes, so custom models could be used with alt animations for more then 1 hero. I'm saying that because that way we could increase the max amount of custom heroes while using the same model for import size reasons, and it gives an excuse to have Dante Vs Dante :p

There could be more to it then just an arena aswell, like for example there could be a 'clear the area' mode where players just compete to kill the most creeps in a time limit or whatever (like the secret areas in DMC only multiplayer). I haven't given it much thought really, but DMC does give good openings to different styles of play from your regular hero arena

Level 13
The thread is about the combo system and recruitment, not the player model he chose. What a retarded comment

Just ignore him.

Anyway im gona implement my own knockback system since I dont know jass. Also ill try to create realistic jump system.

I already found terrainer, but more help is always good so ill contact you later if/when I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.