• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jumping Shots Abillity, is it possible for a Maul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi All!

I am editing a maul, and i really want the jumping shot abillity (like the one Vivian has in Enfo's Team Survival Reloaded) for one of my towers. Is it possible to do that, and if yes, then how?
I am pretty nooby, so plz explain in some kind of understandable language. :confused:

Level 2
Do you mean, it hits a target, then hits another target, then another... etc, etc... to a max number of targets.

If that is so, have a look at Chain Lightning.

You could set the damage of the tower to 0 (I guess) and have a trigger with an event that is "When unit is attacked" and a condition that is "attacking unit is *Your_Kind_Of_Tower*"... then order the tower (attacking unit) to cast your new "Chain Lightning" spell on the target unit. (attacked unit)

Just one idea... :) good luck!

Level 2
In the enfo im talking about, its just like a passive abillity, and it just jumps automatically. Just like the Huntress' Moon Glaive abillity. I have tried that, but it wont work...
Thanks for the help, but i dont understand that really.?

Level 2
You add the ability, "Chain Lightning" to the tower.

You set the damage of Chain Lightning, to the damage that you want the tower to deal.

You set the towers base damage (original damage) to 0.

You set up a trigger (know what a trigger is?) that orders the tower to cast Chain Lightning whenever it attacks an enemy unit.

"have a trigger with an event that is "When unit is attacked" and a condition that is "attacking unit is *Your_Kind_Of_Tower*"... then order the tower (attacking unit) to cast your new "Chain Lightning" spell on the target unit. (attacked unit)"

Level 5

You set the damage of Chain Lightning, to the damage that you want the tower to deal.

You set up a trigger (know what a trigger is?) that orders the tower to cast Chain Lightning whenever it attacks an enemy unit.

"have a trigger with an event that is "When unit is attacked" and a condition that is "attacking unit is *Your_Kind_Of_Tower*"... then order the tower (attacking unit) to cast your new "Chain Lightning" spell on the target unit. (attacked unit)"

I think dummy unit would be more better, the spell would be obvious with the tower.

Level 5

I think dummy unit would be more than better, the spell would be obvious with the tower.

Level 2
Nice double post! :D

I've made a map with both, although getting the height right (for cosmetics only) can be pretty annoying with the dummy unit.

I've use Chain Lightning as a base spell, not really changing it much.

The tower fires an invisible projectile that is just for auto-fire purposes and deals 1 - 0 damage (0-0 just removed its attack ability!), when the projectile hits, a dummy unit is created and uses Chain Lightning on the target unit.

As there is no waiting, I use a single global variable to store the point (so we can reuse that handle) so there is no real memory leakage (4 bytes always used, big deal.) and it is MUI due to the speed of execution. (no waits)

The non-dummy version is simple, the tower has the Chain Lightning ability and casts it whenever it attacks! :) Added that for simplicity!

Enjoy! - My first demo map

Attachments

• lightningtower.w3x
    12.6 KB · Views: 49
Level 12
OMG.
You two made an elephant out of a flee. And obviously have no knowledge of how bouncing attacks work. So why did you post.
Nevermind.
Go to the object editor(if this step is unclear to you than you are beyond my help).
Find the tower you want to have bouncing(chain/jumping/hoping) attack.
At Combat 1 edit those values
Weapon type - Missile(bounce)
Area of Effect Full damage 400 (for example, make it to what distance you want your attack to be able to jump(from one unit to another))
Damage loss factor 0 (how much less damage you want it to make with each bounce, if it is 0.2, then on 1-st target i will do 100% damage, on 2-d 80%, on 3-rd 64% and so on)
Maximum Number of targets 5(how many times it will jump(if it is 5 it will jump 4 times, hiting 5 target total)

This will make your tower have a bouncing attack.
IF you want you can add a dummy ability(Moon glaives for example) to say it has bouncing attack.
If you do not get something feel free to ask. I or someone else who can help you, will help you.

Level 2
i have already done that, but it also gives the tower splash, and i dont want that. The chain lightning is ugly, so i am not going to do that.

Level 12
That will not give the tower splash, but if the projectile speed is to high then you will not see it as a chain attack but as a splash.
Setting the weapon type to missile(bounce) will disable normal splash attack.
If you still think it has splash, make a new copy to a standart tower, do what i told you and you will see it has just chain attack.

Level 2
By Making the area of effect full damage higher, it will damage an area... I have tryed it.

Level 12
Speechless
You are hopeless.
Told you step by step what to do and you didn't do it.

Here is a example map.
Just did what I wrote you should do.
The tower now has chain attack.
If it is too hard for you to realize that, reduce the projectile speed of the tower(now it is 1800).
If still having difficulties, reduce the game speed(in game).

And for some sake read my post again. Did you do all the things there????

Attachments

• chainOMG.w3x
    13.1 KB · Views: 55
Level 2
I got it working, i just had to give the area damage no targets. thx for all the help.!

Level 2
It's simple, it makes the projectile move in an arc.

If the setting is at 0, the projectile will head straight for the target.

If the setting is higher, it will curve the projectile up into the air before it decends on the target.

Play with it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.