• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deprotectable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have found a map I would like to update made by somone, But I have tryed all my cracking and hacking programs to deprotect it and nothing. And Yes I will still give the maker tons of credit so don't say I am stealing it. The Map name is Pest Invasion (forgot version) and if I contacted the maker well... they probably would just flame me.(NOTE: I do not hack at games in multi-player or hack in any way online unless editing a map and playing it online is considered hacking). I basicly itend to make this map harder because the pests usally win, but by adding AI to the humans (that is crappy attacking and moving AI)
It shud improve the map and make it better and harder.
Please do not lock this post until I get a reply that will help. And don't say I havent contacted the person who practically inspired map cracking because I cannot, his site is down, banned from a forum (somone hacked my account and posted a bunch of fuck that violated the rules or did somthing that violated the rules in-game.) that he is on. Sorry for making this post long aswell, thats why I am not posting in color because apparently some people find it annoying.
So can somone tell me how to deprotect this map? Also (listfile) isent removed, plus I know how to fix that.
I think it is a base file that was removed but it still works in-game. Can anyone help me?

Level 7
Wow there is less flamers on the official site, too bad my CD-Key was banned from someone violating the rules and stuff huh? Anyways I can still go on battle.net and my account name is no longer King_Ryan on battle.net its gone for good.
And I aint a noob. I am a master of map making (not in that clan though)so how am I a knew person? and you two get a bigger insult n00bz. My brother said that n00b is a new person trying to be a asshole and I guess thats you. And actually I have found new protection on some maps and I don't think ShofetHaolam even knows about that yet, I cannot email him for help either because his site is either down or deleted too. And I have looked at the FAQ on unprotection that you people talked about and no help. And they were saying corrupt war3map.j! if that file is gone the map dosent even work!
I guess there is no map crackers on this site.
Quote:

bother reading what I said because I asked this not to be locked until I get a clear good anwser that HELPS. I said that so flamers like you would'ent say things like: "OMFG DON'T DEPROTECT FUCK YOU FUCKA!!!!!!" and get this post locked. And ya know that time when I said people usally just flame me and cast insults at me on forums? guess what forum it was!
THE OFFICIAL MAP DEVELEPMENT SITE!! and I was the one who got banned. That or the thing saying my CD-Key was banned was an error, also Blizzard Entertainment was jack shit for help when I emailed them. And when/if I get to edit this map, I will not: unbalance it, rig it, make it crap, protect it, or steal it.
And I guess its beggining on this site when the time will come for millions of people to flame me and I get banned. Oh and look back on page 80 and 79 and so on this maps section and there will be tons of questions and anwsers on deprotection (none usable), don't see them banned. Now I will be on my way to get some help on battle.net and I will check on this post soon.
[/b]

Level 9
King_Ryan said:
Wow there is less flamers on the official site, too bad my CD-Key was banned from someone violating the rules and stuff huh? Anyways I can still go on battle.net and my account name is no longer King_Ryan on battle.net its gone for good.
And I aint a noob. I am a master of map making (not in that clan though)so how am I a knew person? and you two get a bigger insult n00bz. My brother said that n00b is a new person trying to be a asshole and I guess thats you. And actually I have found new protection on some maps and I don't think ShofetHaolam even knows about that yet, I cannot email him for help either because his site is either down or deleted too. And I have looked at the FAQ on unprotection that you people talked about and no help. And they were saying corrupt war3map.j! if that file is gone the map dosent even work!
I guess there is no map crackers on this site.
Quote:

bother reading what I said because I asked this not to be locked until I get a clear good anwser that HELPS. I said that so flamers like you would'ent say things like: "OMFG DON'T DEPROTECT **** YOU ****!!!!!!" and get this post locked. And ya know that time when I said people usally just flame me and cast insults at me on forums? guess what forum it was!
THE OFFICIAL MAP DEVELEPMENT SITE!! and I was the one who got banned. That or the thing saying my CD-Key was banned was an error, also Blizzard Entertainment was jack **** for help when I emailed them. And when/if I get to edit this map, I will not: unbalance it, rig it, make it crap, protect it, or steal it.
And I guess its beggining on this site when the time will come for millions of people to flame me and I get banned. Oh and look back on page 80 and 79 and so on this maps section and there will be tons of questions and anwsers on deprotection (none usable), don't see them banned. Now I will be on my way to get some help on battle.net and I will check on this post soon.
[/b]

I believe you didn't read my post well. I was in no way "flaming" or insulting you. I was pointing out the fact that discussing map protection, and every aspect of it is forbidden on this forum. That is probably why you cannot find crackers here. The fact that you asked not to lock the thread does not make the content more valid considering the terms and conditions of this forum. That said, i'd like to ask you not to be so rude against me, nor anyone else, i did not deserve it. And things like
"OMFG DON'T DEPROTECT **** YOU ****!!!!!!"
have never been my style, so don't accuse me of things i have never said.

Now, since you seem so eager to find out, a few little facts:
- As long as warcraft can read the map, the editor data can be reconstructed (always)
- There's alot of ways to "protect" a map, simple and complex ones, the simple ones can be "fixed" by map deprotecting programs/scrips, already existant. This simple kind of protection is removing editor data like trigger, unit and sound data (just a few examples), this is often a side-effect of map optimising programs.
- The complex protection can in most cases only be restored manually, by people who have alot of knowledge about coding and such.
- Most crackers work "underground", not open in public. I figure because elsewise they'd just get spammed with deprotect requests, or flamed because they allow as you call them "n00bz" to steal maps.

I think i've said enough. (if not too much)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The topic, however, will be closed because:

1. I don't care about what you want or not.
2. The rules are enforced WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. The post made in red IS flaming.
4. Incorrect, and rude language
5. Tip: If you have a suggestion for the map your trying to edit, contact the creator. It's better no?

You would be stealing his map because you were editing it without permission after all. Map stealers, are bad, who should be hung by their neck with a giant jumbo to land on them. Their dead body, would be buried under jesus' body, like "I am the sky, you are the devil".

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.