• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crash The 3rd Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is impossiable to detect map hack with triggers, if it is post how (triggers / method) and as for banning, well you can not ban using WC3 like you said your map does, only third party tools can ban but not very well so you made as much sense as a mouse saving the world from 3 headed aliens with ion cannon satalites.

As for crashing deprotection and hacking tools, well its easy, select your map and click delete, or put it in a 7z and encrypt it and forget the password, since as long as WC3 can play the map, jass shop pro and win MPQ can open and edit it, so no matter how much you try, I will always be able to edit your map's triggers easilly.

And maphack reads and modifies memory, thus it is impossiable to counter it with triggers (the closest thing you can do). Show me your anti map hack system, since if you really have then you are the first person to have done so.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Please submit it here, I really must see this since sites have been trying for ages to create such a thing. Just attach it using the attachment manager to your next post in this chain or copy the triggers in text form since I really have to see how they did it.

Level 4
I bet this "MH detection code" works by placing corrupted model outside of map bounds. If that is true, then sorry, this solution isn't acceptable for Warcraft III maps because it would make Replay feature crash Warcraft.

Level 8
I'm not allowed to, its really new code.

And its creator is planning on selling it to DOTA.

btw, I don't need this topic anymore....another site told me how to crash deportation tools

all you have to do is upload a text file, write random stuff in it, and the change the file path to over ride the .w3i file

bye, and thanks for nothing !

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Unless you want to annoy us by hindering the advancement of jass and to force us to issue a law case against the orignal author (it violates WC3 terms of use selling code to other users without paying blizzard) I recomend you tell it fast. Also your "stop map deprotection" method only works for noobs, as long as WC3 can run the map I CAN OPEN IT AND EDIT IT and so can 10000s of other people. The entire protection scam is to stop noobs from doing so, but any one half decent can edit any map, even proffestional maps like SWAT am where the author has spent longer making it that dota's not very good author.

Submit this code, I really must see it. Well anyway even if you do not, when you release the map I am extracting it from it, thanks for pointing this out to me. THE WORLD WILL KNOW!!! Nothing can stop WC3's best triggerers from getting it and if we do not, the guies at wc3c will.

It probably works by using GetLocalPlayer() and testing various settings, and if one does not match it causes a desync.

Level 4
haha lawsuit rofl

blizzard doesn't care about it, as long as it isn't connected to WoW

also, Vexorian's map optimizer takes care of you unprotecting the code. Have you seen the JASS code after optimizing? It's UNREADABLE, if the script is even a little complex, even "Wc3c guys" won't decipher it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Vexorian optimizer only makes it harder to read, still does not stop me. I hacked 2 map's code systems and they were optimized by vexorians optimizer with little problem (took longer than normal though). As long as WC3 runs the map I and others can hack it. Not that I do it much, I used to only do it to practice my JASS skills.

Blizzard SUPPORTS DotA, they have given DotA special permission to host pay torniments, they even made DotA a spot light map.

But selling editor material to the makers of DotA is illegal since the material could be easily done for nothing. Also I dought the maker will be dumb enough to buy it, since all he has to do is wait and then people like Unscrewed_Magic will place it in their maps and then we will retreive it from the map and then paste it on THW news section and fourms.

Level 7
u can decypher obfusication, ive done it before took a week but i did it lol -- very hard and very hard to find it [did this a while ago] im no god at getting into maps and extracting but if im focused ill do it and i dont think i have that decyphered obfusication i did by hand anymore, id hafta look round my hd [formatted about 20 times since then reason why i may not have it]

-- was reply to a post done

Level 12
Well you may stop programs, but do you have a foolproof method of stopping in-game cheats? I think not. Or at least, not foolproof.... good luck with your sricpt. I personally wouldn't mind see unhackable maps.

Oh, adn ty HappyTauren for writing the first Jass I could understand very well. lol jk, but I did actaully get it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That site is one of the worst I have seen, it promotes the destruction of other people's work and trys to mess up blizzard. The only reason they do it is that it is fun to ruin other peoples fun. I would like to see how you would feel if you ran the company who's games were trying to be ruined by an anti. If you want everyone to change their views of that site, try just posing the method, anti map hack can hardly be so ground breaking and there is nothing stopping you from posting it. And anyway, when your map comes out we will simply extract it from it. Only reason why maphack is a problem is because sites like that made it in the first place, I am sorry if this hurts you but it is the truth.

Level 8
They did not make map hack

They made anti map hack

and the only reason I go to that site is because they hacked my map and I had to figure out how they did, so I could prevent them from doing it again

they use their own custom deprotection tool which I figured out how to crash

but, while I was there, I found the anti map hack that they advertise

And your no worse than they are if your going to hack my map, just to get some code you want

They are not messing up blizzard, they only hack non-melee maps which blizzard takes no responsibility for

Blizzard does not care about non-melee maps, they do not provide tech support for them, and do not ban people for abusing

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do not think that that site is innocent, A lot of them are from blizzard hackers which was shut down for illegal activites. Also they are dilebertly hacking other peoples maps and ruining them, which is the anti of this site which is there to help people make maps. Also I saw many people boast that blizzard hackers being shut down was "sad" which is not the truth since all people should be happy it was shut down, trying to mess WoW (even though the game is £2P) is not a kind thing to do, I would like to see them write the game to stop that happening easily (blizzard still did it). I would not mind so much if they allowed downloading of unprotected versions of maps but the fact is that they hack them, rigging them or enabling fun ruining cheats. The only reason they are happy to do it is they never have had their maps hacked and ruined. I am also sure you were not pleased to see your map was ruined and hacked to.

I will not say more since obvously you like that site but really, it is not a very constructive sight.

Level 8
yes, I do like the site

they deprotected my clan's map's object data and terrain after our developer at the time accidentally protected the only non-protected version of our map

we came to this site for help first, but my clan's members were shunned and warned for talking about map deportection

and I am a blizz hacker, we were not shut down, our site was shut down
and we immediately split up and relocated to 3 new sites: http://www.blizzhackers.org/forums/index.php
and here: http://members.tripod.com/trev_mo1/
and here: http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/

I will post the anti map hack code in a few days (I need to go through my JASS and find it)

or you can download DOTA with anti-map hack here: http://securegamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6126

Last edited:
Level 5
That so called "anti map hack" is based on selection. It detects if they select something they aren't supposed to be able to. I wouldn't really call that an anti map hack.

That reduces the maphacks capabilities by 20%. The other 80% is the ability to see the unseen. :0

Level 7
Pff to tell you I laugh at that. You are trying to protect your maps, while I care about something much more important and including a large number of the people who play a game - like making the use of hacks impossible in bnet ladder. I just see awful things about SC&BW, I don't want to see such hacks in SCII. D2 especially before v1.10 was a haxorz meeting, so you could see them making whole 'compositions' and 'essays' on their items. One could really make a whole book if one gathered all the texts from the 'special' items. War3 is still so so protected and they don't use hacks that much but I have been drophacked like more than 10 times. I really hate noobs who can't play the game and use hacks. But for war3 hardly they dare, because they get cd-key banned on the instant.

But if you can make a tool that crashes such programs as drophacks, maphacks, now that will be just perfect.

Level 2
Unscrewed_magic, im sorry, but i think your wrong going to a site that hosts hacks for warcraft 3. I've seen hacks for starcraft, and everyone has them, because starcraft is garbage compared to warcraft 3. but hacking into a perfectly good game such as warcraft 3 that has a great map editor and bnet???? thats messed up.

Level 27
If you don't want your data hacked, then don't release it to the world.
All the maps I make will be completely open for anyone to edit. It pointless to try and stop it. (Even though record companies keep trying and failing. Miserably.) If people prefer edited versions of my map, I don't care. I'll keep hosting mine.

If you cheat, what is the point of even playing? Can't win with your own skills?
If you call it a victory to cheat and win, fine. But, I don't.

Level 8
The problem is that there are people who cheat. There are people who do not care about skill. There are people are out there and they want to overthrow your map by filling it with malicious hacks.

I am trying to find a way to stop this.

1) triggered cheats must be destroyed
2) cheating programs must be destroyed
3) ban listing programs must be destroyed
4) custom kicking programs must be destroyed
5) deprotecting programs must be destroyed

I'm not saying that it should be impossible to hack a map. I'm just saying that it is possible to stop these programs and prevent noobs from hacking our maps. This is my goal.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Custom kick does not intigrate wit WC3 at all and runs entirly as a third party aplication that can termanate connections betwene various IPs (disconnect) as far as I know and get their names via battle net. Thus it is techincally impossiable to stop them from working unless another application like WoWs warden client can terminate them, which currently is impossiable since you can not run third party apps from maps in WC3.

Banlist is harmless, thus do not bother and again works simily to custom kick but with a bit more data from WC3.

Stopping trigger based hacking is impossiable, since as long as WC3 can read the trigger script, jass craft and jass shop pro can also and even save it, thus again can not be stopped.

Deprotecting programs are easy to stop by creating and removing and scrambling junk.

Level 14
haha blizzard knows about these sites, so they know about shadowfrench, they just can't do anything about it.

Also, if you find autorefresher legal, then you must find banlist legal as well, because they work quite similarily.

Level 4
Autorefresh, where is it!? and a Speech by FuryOfASquirrel

Ooooh, where can i get an auto-refresh?

And just to be on-topic....

i totally agree with...............*drum rull PLEASE* HAKEEM
Hakeem said...
If you don't want your data hacked, then don't release it to the world.
All the maps I make will be completely open for anyone to edit. It pointless to try and stop it. (Even though record companies keep trying and failing. Miserably.) If people prefer edited versions of my map, I don't care. I'll keep hosting mine.

If you cheat, what is the point of even playing? Can't win with your own skills?
If you call it a victory to cheat and win, fine. But, I don't.

ur an awesome display of the neutrality policy displayed by George Washington that he tried to pass down in his Farewell Address!!! U GO GET EM TIGER

People are, at heart, evil and vile. It is our own conscious and some very loving god that turns us away from our evil ways, these hackers turn away from that, and embrace their evil ways....which is EVIL, just like this infernal:infl_thumbs_up: XD We can't change who people are, we can't change the fact that people will always be hacking.....always. What we can do is get a friggen high corporate job and just be ourselves, our GOOD selves btw :p So our subordinates will look up and say "WOW, he's a good boss!"

Be an example to the world, don't get pissed off at map hackers, just shrug at them, and be happy that YOUR life, as a better person (i hope XD), out weighs their life since they're friggen mad that they can't win a game with their own skillzzz, well, what little they have XD.

But there's another side to the story! Those code gurus that rule over all languages.....who haunt our dreams! Some are... different... Most of the ppl with awesome talent just smile and nod and show off when we want them to do AMAZING things...but.....some.....some are evil! These peeps don't give in to their heat-felt evil ways, they recognize that it's...well, barbaric to be blunt... yet these guys...who rock on the talent scale....use us little no-talent guys as puppets so they can get better :sad: So yall who practice hackin to get better at code, get a friend! Or title ur map A test for JASS or something.

People out in the world really do care....sometimes... But a lot of times we have to scream out or hand-pick them out of the crowd. a lot of the time we pick wrong, and get bitten by an angry crab or something, idk..this guy looks suspicous of biting thou...:spell_breaker: lol, anyways... When we look for good people with good intentions, they come, in time. When people of...just..evilness come, than we just smile and nod (that technique doesn't always work with girls o_O) and be HAPPY THAT UR LIFE IS BETTER THAN THEIRS, but don't gloat! That's kind've mean XD

This has been a speech by FuryOfASquirrel, the christian trumpet plyr / writer / actor / SQUIRREL

This map protection issue are crusades by powerful people who have been abused by people who just don't understand, and hack to try and understand, *sighs* it's hard to deal with, to want revenge IS NOT an evil emotion, just, try to imagine that their life probably sucks, a lot, and urs doesn't (if it does suck than PRAY IT GETS BETTER XD)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

THIS IS A SHOUT OUT TO PEOPLE WHO TRY!!

YOU WHO TRY RULE
YOU WHO DON'T TAKE ADVANTGE OF YOUR GIFTS RULE
YOU WHO TRIES TO BE FAIR BUT DOESN'T GET POWER-HUNGRY RULE
YOU WHO IS THE SLAVE RULES OVER THE MASTER
BECOME A SERVANT, TO BECOME A MASTER

o_O i just found my signature! YES

Level 5
That so called "anti map hack" is based on selection. It detects if they select something they aren't supposed to be able to. I wouldn't really call that an anti map hack.

That reduces the maphacks capabilities by 20%. The other 80% is the ability to see the unseen. :0

actually, if it works like that its useless, you cant click things you cant normally see even with maphack on, you just see them

Level 9
Meh i laugh at maphackers, theyre just plain noobs who can't do without, they go in the tards corner wich i will lock em up, mostly i renember their names and make sure they get kicked, owned or humiliated whenever i see them.

i hope someday people will moraly grow up and refrain from using noob tools.

Level 4
then why don't they fight against paid dota tournaments?

Because these tournaments don't have application fee, and therefore the one running them cannot win. There is no way he'd earn money by it, the players will but that's no proplem, they're not earning money at expense of blizzard, they're earning money by being hooked into blizzard game. This is exactly the same reason why selling WoW gold on e-bay is allowed, it helps keep people playing blizzard games.

However, selling code that Blizzard actually made, is selling blizzard products, which is also copyrighted by them. This is quite well against A: Eula, B: Laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.