• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defense upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Here is my problem:
I know how to upgrade the defense of a unit by using an upgrade. But I want an upgrade that increases the defense of a unit by 3, but the Defense Upgrade Bonus of this unit is 1 (Because another upgrade upgrades the defense of ALL other unit by 1, including this unit)
If you dont understand, ill show you an example:
The Marine's defense can be upgraded by two upgrade: Infantry Armor and Anti-Choc Armor. The Infantry Armor upgrades the defense of all infantry by 1 (Marine's, Firebat's, Ghost's, etc..) But Anti-Choc Armor must upgrades the Marine's defense by 3.
Does someone can tell me how to do this?
(In the Object Editor's Upgrade section, the only way of upgrading the defense of a unit is: Apply Defense Upgrade Bonus).
thanks ;)

Level 3
How about making two marine units one with an upgrade bonus of 1 and one with an upgrade bonus of 3.

Then create a trigger replacing the marines who has the +1 upgrade with marines who has the bonus of 3, when/if the +3 armor upgrade is finished.

Also, the same could be done for training purposes, by making 2 simular barrack with the respective marines in each respective barrack.

so you need to upgrade it by 3 without editing the upgrade armor bonus value of the unit?

hmmm... if you are willing to put the +3 as an item ability, then you just need to check the level of a dummy upgrade that does nothing, and then add the +3 armor item ability to every unit affected...

@quehn - the problem with that is that I guess the user wants both upgrades to be usable by the unit...

this is a better way for that idea, just create two marines both with upgrade bonus of 1, but one will start with 3 more armor value than the other... then just replace all units when the upgrade is done...

Status
Not open for further replies.