• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decisive Night - Suborn of Tides V2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Introduction
Survival type map, main objectives are to protect the main building (Crystal of Eternity) for it's destruction and kill the leader of your enemy to victorious. You must keep alive your heroes and the main building for more than 50 minutes. After less than an hour of fighting the enemies, leader of attackers will show up. This map is based on Decisive Night map. Let's say, this is the second part of it, because it has same story, etc.

Story
Sajkats - evil empire, that are consecrated their lives to destroy entire human race. They have been trying to destroy Dalaran for many years, unfortunately they all fails. But one day, demons has discovered one of reasons why they cannot even enter to Dalaran. The magic protection around the Dalaran that creates ancient crystal called Crystal of Eternity.
This magic stone is based miles away from Dalaran, in the heart of Kingdom of Sijn. Courageous Gilaras Starfury and fearless Sijn'ara Sunchaser has promissed to keep the crystal safe, they'll fight till the death meets them in the field of better.
When Sajkats relised that it's the only way to finish their mission in this world, they started approaching to Kingdom of Sijn panning to destroy the crystal and damage Dalaran. To asure their victory, they called the lizards from the deepest seas to help them in return of half of Sijn lands. That time Sacred Tide was really weak, they needed more lands for swimming pools and more space for spawning new generations of themselfs. Only because of that reason they accepted.
Sijn people has no idea what kind of horror awaits them once again.

Tips
There are three paths that will be used by enemy as ways to reach the crystal. Try to do not let them reach it because they'll destroy the crystal for sure. Also there will be two optional quests. I think if you won't complete it, you will not be able to defend your base because the rewards are pretty good and it helps a lot. Just press F9 to read more about it and to make your quests more easy to complete. Enemy will approach with pauses, I mean they'll come to the right spot and after some time they'll move to other spot till they reach the crystal. So there will be attacks that flying enemy units won't do pauses, they'll just fly directly to the crystal, be ready for it.

Etc
50 Minutes are equal one night, that means enemy will attack only at night time, when the morning sun will show up, enemy suppose to retreat. You can observe the 'clock' upper your screen to know when everything suppose to begin and end, of course there will be timer window to see it too.

Special thanks to hiveworkshop community for supporting custom models and icons.

There are 10 small sized screenshots of this map.

screenshot1z.jpg

Screenshot 1.

screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot 2.

screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot 3.

screenshot4q.jpg

Screenshot 4.

screenshot5l.jpg

Screenshot 5.

screenshot6.jpg

Screenshot 6.

screenshot7.jpg

Screenshot 7.

screenshot8.jpg

Screenshot 8.

screenshot9.jpg

Screenshot 9.

screenshot10.jpg

Screenshot 10.

Decisive Night - Surborn of Tides V2: (Version 2)
- Triggering/Scripting: I've changed, fixed, optimized, removed, some of triggers. Eliminated a part of memory leak.
- Description: Little bit changed the description at hiveworkshop and at map itself.
- Camera/Cinematic: Improved some additional cameras.
- Gameplay: Reduced gameplay duration changing from 60 minutes of remain time till end of game to 50 minutes. Waves became more faster and taking not that long that was taken at Version 1. Also reduced upgrades and units training and researching duration. Game difficulty has been reduced as well by spawning less of enemy units.
- File: File's size has been reduced by 4 megabytes (4MB) by removing big part of unit models changing it into original Blizzard ones. 4 MB is not that much, but still something.

Facts
> This map was made on 1.07 Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne game version.
> Update come out with 1.22 game verison.
> This map was created for Single Player. Not for multiplayer / LAN.
> Map is not protected.
> Map still contains will small mistakes that I couldn't manage to fix because of my not good enough mapping skills.
> Type of this map is Defense / Survival, might be familiar to TD as well, not melee or some kind of other type / category.

Keywords:
Survival, Decisive, Night, Suborn, Tides, Tide, Naga, Gumans, Human, Blood, Elves, Elfs, Defense, Defend, Limit, Time, Dalaran, Sijn.
Contents

Decisive Night - Suborn of Tides V2 (Map)

Reviews
20:20, 3rd Jul 2009 Linaze: You need to give proper credits (list the authors) and fix the memory leaks.

M

20:20, 3rd Jul 2009
Linaze: You need to give proper credits (list the authors) and fix the memory leaks.

Level 31
Can you tell me what did you add into the map that make the file size 11mb? I am having trouble to download a huge file size map due to poor connection. Of course, file size of 11mb was acceptable at single player since it does not have any restriction. XD

I going to evaluate it once I am able to download it, been clicking the link 15 times and most of the time fail to download it =.=

By the way, I notice a few typo error in your map description at hiveworkshop. Bet you was doing it at hurry.

Spacial thanks to hiveworkshop community for supporting custom models and icons.

This map was made on 1.07 Warctaft 3 Frozen Throne game version.

they'll move to other til they reach the crystal

Level 31
I added massive amount of models. Also I was planning to add music, but then size of it might shock everyone, lol. So I didn't. And sorry about misspellings, I was writing the description on rush though. However, don't expect anything special, this map is not that good as it supposed to be..

Level 31
I added massive amount of models. Also I was planning to add music, but then size of it might shock everyone, lol. So I didn't. And sorry about misspellings, I was writing the description on rush though. However, don't expect anything special, this map is not that good as it supposed to be..

Yeah, I know you was writing it in a rush and it was a good idea not to add music because it wasn't campaign or cinematic, although it was a single player map and does not have any file size restriction it was a good idea to keep it up at small size.

If you still want to add music, I recommend the best file size would be max 30mb since 30mb would took about 15-25 minutes to be download and for user with good connection, 25 minutes are consider quite long.

Cinematic are recommend to be max 50mb (Although I doubt any cinematic could reach that high file size cause I have test it by myself) and campaign (The max is 100mb since 100mb could took about hours even at 70-80kb download speed).

I would try to view it as soon as I could get it download to my file.

Level 31
Well everything depends on connection speed. I remember when I was downloading a campaign named The Chosen Ones by Aeroblyctos, it's size about 100mb and it took about 12 minutes to download for me. Anyway, it's hard to believe that there still are people with lower connection speed than 100kb these days. :)

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Anyway, it's hard to believe that there still are people with lower connection speed than 100kb these days. :)

Maybe in Europe, US and Japan, but there still millions of people that use Dial Up. For example, here in Brazil 65-70 % of the people (like me) with internet still use Dial Up.

As the there's users from all over the world in Hive, not all can download an map like this whitout costing an few hours. Lots and lots of people here still have Dial Up.

My Advice: Your map can be an great success, but you'll need to reduce the filesize first.

Level 2
Ouch. 11MB? Looks like you suffer from "OMGIGOTZCOOLZMODELSEVERYONEDOWNLOADTHISMAP" syndrome, mate.

I know Blizzard models have gotten boring ever since a month the game was launched, but most of them have very small sizes very good quality, and I think that makes them worthy of recognition.

Like the terrain and the idea though. Good work.

Level 31
I see. It's also hard to believe that there are many people with Dial Up at hive. Well that's truth.

I know that, this map is too big, but in my opinion this map would lose his charm if I'd remove most models.

I just cannot imagine this map with original models, it might look just ugly, but I won't forget this. I'll try to reduce it's size for sure. Someday. :)

And thanks for compliments.

Level 31
Ok, I start to review this map of yours and I would begin with scripting/coding.

For 1, I cannot help but notice this trigger was poorly set.

• Player 5 Defeat
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Dying unit) Equal to Crystal of Eternity (Sijn) 0004 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Crystal Death <gen>) using DarkStar.mdx
          • Wait 4.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Crystal of Eternity (Sijn) 0004 <gen> from the game
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Game - Defeat Player 5 (Yellow) with the message: Crystal of Eterni...
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Dying unit) Equal to Chosen of Archery (Sijn'ara Sunchaser) 0112 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Game - Defeat Player 5 (Yellow) with the message: Sijn'ara Sunchaser ...
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Dying unit) Equal to Paladin of Sijn (Gilaras Starfury) 0113 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Game - Defeat Player 5 (Yellow) with the message: Gilaras Starfury ...
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
The main question was, why would you use this?
  • Do nothing
This trigger was just calling a action that order another action that partically does nothing.

The only purpose of Do Nothing was for If/Then/Else single function action.

Also, having a wait xxx second after the structure destroy was a bad idea cause you do not have trigger - turn off. What happen if another structure destroy at same time?

The right way to set this trigger should be like this.

• Player 5 Defeat
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Dying unit) Equal to Crystal of Eternity (Sijn) 0004 <gen>
          • (Dying unit) Equal to Chosen of Archery (Sijn'ara Sunchaser) 0112 <gen>
          • (Dying unit) Equal to Paladin of Sijn (Gilaras Starfury) 0113 <gen>
    • Actions
      • If ((Triggering unit) Equal to Crystal of Eternity (Sijn) 0004 <gen>) then do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Crystal of Eternity (Sijn) 0004 <gen>) using DarkStar.mdx) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Game - Defeat Player 5 (Yellow) with the message: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been destroyed)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
The special effect have leak, but since it was a defeat condition and this was a sample. I do not fix it.

This trigger below wasn't necessary, all you need to do was to use the action play music Tragic confrontation at map initilization trigger and it would repeat it all the way since you do not order it to play once only.

• Intro Music
    • Events
      • Time - Every 50.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Stop music Immediately
      • Sound - Play TragicConfrontation <gen>
This trigger below wasn't a good setup for weather effect.

• Weather
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Set sky to Dalaran Sky
      • Wait 11.00 seconds
      • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Do nothing) else do (Wait 390.00 seconds)
      • Wait 515.00 seconds
      • Environment - Create at World <gen> the weather effect Lordaeron Rain (Light)
      • Set LightRain1 = (Last created weather effect)
      • Environment - Turn LightRain1 On
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 0.20 seconds using texture Dream and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Sound - Play Lightning at 100.00% volume, located at (Center of Crystal Danger <gen>) with Z offset 0.00
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Sound - Stop Lightning After fading
      • Wait 515.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 0.20 seconds using texture Dream and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Sound - Play Lightning at 100.00% volume, located at (Center of Crystal Danger <gen>) with Z offset 0.00
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Sound - Stop Lightning After fading
      • Environment - Remove LightRain1
      • Environment - Create at World <gen> the weather effect Lordaeron Rain (Heavy)
      • Set HeavyRain = (Last created weather effect)
      • Environment - Turn HeavyRain On
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffcc00Sijn'ara ...
      • Wait 515.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove HeavyRain
      • Environment - Create at World <gen> the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
      • Set AshHeavyRain = (Last created weather effect)
      • Environment - Turn AshHeavyRain On
      • Trigger - Run Stormy <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Wait 1030.00 seconds
      • Set StormyWeather = False
      • Set WeatherWarn = True
      • Environment - Remove AshHeavyRain
      • Environment - Create at World <gen> the weather effect Lordaeron Rain (Light)
      • Set LightRain2 = (Last created weather effect)
      • Environment - Turn LightRain2 On
      • Wait 515.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove LightRain2
      • Wait 515.00 seconds
Also, why do you want to have 2 trigger of this? You could have go to Advance > Gameplay Constants > Decay time to set the time from 30 seconds to 19.50 seconds.

• Bodies 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Wait 19.50 seconds
      • Unit - Hide (Dying unit)
This trigger was the most pointless of all, what for you make this trigger when you could have set the bounty value at object editor and enable bounty on?

• Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Spider Crawler (Rank1)) then do (Player - Add 7 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Banshee Witch (Rank2)) then do (Player - Add 7 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Reptile Soldier (Rank1)) then do (Player - Add 7 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Bowlizard (Rank1)) then do (Player - Add 7 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Brutal Lizard (Rank2)) then do (Player - Add 8 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Zombie Vokkus (Rank2)) then do (Player - Add 10 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Acid Bones (Rank2)) then do (Player - Add 11 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Flying Skelegraver (Rank3)) then do (Player - Add 12 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Sting Spider (Rank3)) then do (Player - Add 14 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Odiemus Axedemon (Rank4)) then do (Player - Add 15 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Punisher Odiemus (Rank5)) then do (Player - Add 20 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Kortek Odiemus (Rank6)) then do (Player - Add 25 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Deep Witch (Rank3)) then do (Player - Add 8 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lich (Rank4)) then do (Player - Add 12 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Skelegraver (Rank3)) then do (Player - Add 11 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Death Bringer Odiemus (Rank5)) then do (Player - Add 22 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Stalker Lizard (Rank2)) then do (Player - Add 10 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Corrupted Lizard (Rank3)) then do (Player - Add 12 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lizard Exterminator (Rank3)) then do (Player - Add 14 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lady Lizard Rippler (Rank4)) then do (Player - Add 17 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lizard Destroyer (Rank5)) then do (Player - Add 18 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lizard Baron (Rank6)) then do (Player - Add 20 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lady Lizard Thrower (Rank2)) then do (Player - Add 10 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Conjured Lady Lizard (Rank4)) then do (Player - Add 14 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Tides Wrecker (Rank5)) then do (Player - Add 100 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Abomination-Angel Odiemus (Rank5)) then do (Player - Add 100 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold) else do (Do nothing)
Ok, this trigger below was a leak trigger and repetitive. I know a single player map is fine even with a leak. But the problem was the leak was repetitive leak. If the child constantly walk round the region, the leak would constantly occur.

• Child 1 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Child Run 1 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Child Civilian (Citizen) 0095 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Child Civilian (Citizen) 0095 <gen> to Move To (Center of Child Run 1 3 <gen>)
If you want to use the same region all over again. I suggest you to make another trigger as variable or use the map initilization in which your map have it earlier like this.

• Initilization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set RunningRegion[1] = (Center of Child Run 1 3 <gen>)
      • Set RunningRegion[2] = (Center of Child Run 1 4 <gen>)
  • Child 1 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Child Run 1 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Child Civilian (Citizen) 0095 <gen> to Move To RunningRegion[1]
  • Child 1 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Child Run 1 3 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Child Civilian (Citizen) 0095 <gen> to Move To RunningRegion[2]
It was not a leak since you store it and been reuse all over again. However, if you do not wish to use trigger. You could have use Wander ability.

I do not mind memory leak at single player map, but I notice many of your trigger was a repetitive trigger that contain memory leak. It was bad enough for it to leak, but when it was repetitive it make it totally unacceptable.

Also, why do you want to create 3 trigger that use same action?

• Unholy Line 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Unholy Line 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using SoulArmor.mdx
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using ArcaneExplosion.mdx
      • Wait 0.33 seconds
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
  • Unholy Line 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Unholy Line 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using SoulArmor.mdx
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using ArcaneExplosion.mdx
      • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Unholy Line 3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Unholy Line 3 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.33 seconds
Since they are using same action, they could be put into 1 trigger like this.

• Unholy Line 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Unholy Line 1 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Unholy Line 2 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Unholy Line 3 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.33 seconds
And a upgrade, what is the point of the trigger need for? You could have use object editor to create the upgrade and then set a requirement of a research.

• Swordsman Shield Apply
    • Events
      • Unit - Elven Forge (Sijn) 0098 <gen> Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Shield of Steel (Upgrade)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in World <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Swordsman of Sijn (Sijn)) then do (Unit - Add Swordsman Shield Upgrade to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
      • Trigger - Turn on Swordsman Shield Training <gen>
Your waves attack trigger could be optimize as well. I suggest you to view Azure TD trigger to get to know on how to make a good waves attacking trigger.

I notice lot's of your trigger could be optimize. A memory leak was alright as long as it does not repetitive (Execute only once) and the map was a single player map. However, the best it to eliminate all the memory leak. Cause even if the memory leak occur once, but having too many trigger that leak would also resulted into the same situation.

You should go and read tutorial about Memory Leak.

Now I go to typo error. I won't said anything about grammar because my grammar ain't that great either, but I would just mention what have you mistype.

This is the typo error I found in your description.

Not once beated Sajkats by Sijn forces are fillt with anger and rage. They has gathered nearly the heart of Dalaran protection Kingdom desiring for revenge. Strong and courage Sijn warriors - Sijn'ara Sunchaser and Gilaras Starfury, are going to ruin all Sajkats' plans to destroy Dalaran. The only way to damage Dalaran's protection is the destruction of Crystal of Eternity and Sajkats knows that well. But this time, Sajkats are not alone. From the deepest seas and depths lizards has joined them in return of Sijn lands.
May the beggest desire to survive helps Sijn people.

Also, why it doesn't have a custom loading screen? A single player map with huge file size due to import material, but using the wc3 campaign loading screen?

For the cinematic, it seems like you do not destroy the floating text. Just take a look at this screenshot.

53533251.jpg

And the cinematic was really boring. All the time I seen was bla bla bla bla bla bla and bla bla bla. Why it was boring?

Simple, it was full of conversation which already could give a big yawn to the audience and it failed to give a suspense. To make it worst, the camera hardly move when they are talking. It stay lock and just show them talking to one another, try make the camera moving around while they are having a conversation so the audience would not fall asleep.

You can try to view a few cinematic that are full of conversation such as The Lone Panther by CMarket, The Human Sin - Trailer, The Legend of Ediathis - Part 1 by TheDeathHunterXx and etc etc. You would notice the camera doesn't stay frozen for quite a long duration.

As for hotkey error. There is. Holy Assence have hotkey of "O" and it clash with Hero Attribute hotkey.

There is other hotkey error as well, but I do not want to mention it because it might take a long time to do the inspection.

For the specialty of this map, I would said nothing special about it. It was generally a hero defense style genre with lot's of custom model and icon on it. It have nothing special, no custom spell, no unique system and so on. It look just like another brand of hero defense map but with optional quest to be done.

You use a lot of import material, but I do not see the list of credit to the author of the resources you use. Can you tell me where is the credit list?

As for fun factor, no. I really do not enjoy it that much cause it was too familiar to other genre of Hero Defense map (No offense) and it remind me a lot of my map Harry Pottaa & The Dining In Hell where I took countless of hour to test it.

For the balance, it might be ok. But I could be wrong since I test this resources about 8 minutes only. I quit due to the boredom of waiting for attacking waves, long training unit time, long research time and so on. With the little amount of resources I had, it make the game a big yawn when you have no upgrade or purchase to be done.

Is this map acceptable? As for this case, it was actually 1/5 (Unacceptable) due to scripting/trigger. However, I know this author for being a person who would improve his resources upon being told to do so.

If he really does that especially at scripting/triggering part, this map definitely could earn approval and a rating of 2/5.

Shall a exception been done, then the rating was 2/5 and resources approve.

My current rating was 2/5 and resources approve, I know he would fix after being told where is the flaw was.

Last edited:
Level 31
Thank you for your time.

For 1, I cannot help but notice this trigger was poorly set.

Why was it poorly set? I think it's quite okay, if one of your hero dies, or the crystal, you get defeated, and as for event response, a unit dies, so if dying unit is not one of these three, trigger actions do nothing. I don't undestand what excatly bad you noticed there, lol.
I just wanted to make it as one trigger instead three that has actual dying unit, this trigger has three though.
But I think I'll take your advice and use your fixed trigger.

Also, having a wait xxx second after the structure destroy was a bad idea cause you do not have trigger - turn off. What happen if another structure destroy at same time?

I know that well, you see, there will be no other building that will be destroyed, rest of your buildings are invulnerable, only one structure is vulnarable. So why would I add Trigger - Turn Off? Anyway, I will add.

This trigger below wasn't necessary, all you need to do was to use the action play music Tragic confrontation at map initilization trigger and it would repeat it all the way since you do not order it to play once only.

Well, after 50 seconds, music loses it's charm, start of this music sounded good for me and I didn't want to listen to it's end cause it seemed weird. So I made a trigger that repeats it every 50 seconds and makes you hear the better part of this music, I don't know if you liked the ending of it, but I didn't. :)

This trigger below wasn't a good setup for weather effect.

This trigger is not for weather only as you see. Seems cause of name you figured wrong opinion of it. It's more like, game motion.

Also, why do you want to have 2 trigger of this? You could have go to Advance > Gameplay Constants > Decay time to set the time from 30 seconds to 19.50 seconds.

I've noticed a problem, when a unit dies, it's body do not disappears and it's body stays at the grounds for entire game. This looks weird too. So this trigger hides it's bodies losing 'trash' out of the path. I guess their bodies stays (Not all) because of cheaply done unit models.

This trigger was the most pointless of all, what for you make this trigger when you could have set the bounty value at object editor and enable bounty on?

As far as I know, Player units cannot get you bounty awards, right?

If you want to use the same region all over again. I suggest you to make another trigger as variable or use the map initilization in which your map have it earlier like this.

I'll fix these Child Runs.

Also, why do you want to create 3 trigger that use same action?

Sorry, just a distraction. Will be fixed.

And a upgrade, what is the point of the trigger need for? You could have use object editor to create the upgrade and then set a requirement of a research.

It doesn't works. I had to make such trigger. You see, when I add an ability with attachment even with a requirament, the attachment is visable, it's Data effects do not response, but attachments, as you see, visable. I wanted to make it not visable till you upgrade it.

Your waves attack trigger could be optimize as well. I suggest you to view Azure TD trigger to get to know on how to make a good waves attacking trigger.

I will not be able to look at others till I patch my crappy warcraft from version 1.07 to 1.22 or so.

You should go and read tutorial about Memory Leak.

I will for sure.

This is the typo error I found in your description.

As always, distraction. Will be fixed.

Also, why it doesn't have a custom loading screen? A single player map with huge file size due to import material, but using the wc3 campaign loading screen?

I've tried adding custom loading screen not once, but I never manage to do it. I've readed many tutorials about it, but I still cannot figure it out. Other reason - every program I download in order to change file extension to BLP or other stuff - not working.

For the cinematic, it seems like you do not destroy the floating text. Just take a look at this screenshot.

This screenshot surprised me :D I've watched this chinematic more than 15 times and Floating Text wasn't visable. It dissapears naturaly, but seems it didn't for you. This is pretty weird, rofl. I'll destroy this floating text.

Simple, it was full of conversation which already could give a big yawn to the audience and it failed to give a suspense. To make it worst, the camera hardly move when they are talking. It stay lock and just show them talking to one another, try make the camera moving around while they are having a conversation so the audience would not fall asleep.

I was expecting people to read, not look at cameras, etc. Oh well, I'll try to improve this.

As for hotkey error. There is. Holy Assence have hotkey of "O" and it clash with Hero Attribute hotkey.

There is other hotkey error as well, but I do not want to mention it because it might take a long time to do the inspection.

Damn, I thought all hotkeys works perfect. You see, I never use them. Oh well, I'll fix this.

For the specialty of this map, I would said nothing special about it. It was generally a hero defense style genre with lot's of custom model and icon on it. It have nothing special, no custom spell, no unique system and so on. It look just like another brand of hero defense map but with optional quest to be done.

Of course it's not special, I wasn't even expecting to make a sensation. Thanks for your opinion though.

You use a lot of import material, but I do not see the list of credit to the author of the resources you use. Can you tell me where is the credit list?

It has SO MANY imported files. I do not think I will be able to search up every file's creator. >.< It might take weeks or more. Well as you seen at the description. I thanked to all hiveworkshop community for the models. I thought it might be enough.

For the balance, it might be ok. But I could be wrong since I test this resources about 8 minutes only. I quit due to the boredom of waiting for attacking waves, long training unit time, long research time and so on. With the little amount of resources I had, it make the game a big yawn when you have no upgrade or purchase to be done.

Timer seemed okay for me o.o Also, time is necessary thing if you want to complete optional quests. And also you might receive about 5000+ gold if you might complete both optional quests. Reward of Hiden Masks: 2000 gold resorce and at the island of temple that requires to enter in order to finish other optional quest there are golden ores that gets you 300 per every item, and there are a lot.

Shall a exception been done, then the rating was 2/5 and resources approve.

Thanks. As I was saying, 1.07 version makes it everything more diffuclt to make a decent map. Afterall, I'll try to improve everything as more and good as I can.

Thank you for your time again.

Last edited:
Level 31
Why was it poorly set? I think it's quite okay, if one of your hero dies, or the crystal, you get defeated, and as for event response, a unit dies, so if dying unit is not one of these three, trigger actions do nothing. I don't undestand what excatly bad you noticed there, lol.
I just wanted to make it as one trigger instead three that has actual dying unit, this trigger has three though.
But I think I'll take your advice and use your fixed trigger.

It work, yes. But it isn't at the most effective way. What I try to imply is to optimize it.

I know that well, you see, there will be no other building that will be destroyed, rest of your buildings are invulnerable, only one structure is vulnarable. So why would I add Trigger - Turn Off? Anyway, I will add.

You mean a structure is dead and the rest become invulnerable right away?

Well, after 50 seconds, music loses it's charm, start of this music sounded good for me and I didn't want to listen to it's end cause it seemed weird. So I made a trigger that repeats it every 50 seconds and makes you hear the better part of this music, I don't know if you liked the ending of it, but I didn't. :)

Having the same music over and over again not only annoying, but boring as well. You should have the music change. For example, waves 1 play music 1 and once waves 1 end, the music 1 would end and play a relaxing music till a waves 2 arrive.

I've noticed a problem, when a unit dies, it's body do not disappears and it's body stays at the grounds for entire game. This looks weird too. So this trigger hides it's bodies losing 'trash' out of the path. I guess their bodies stays (Not all) because of cheaply done unit models.

Hmm, if I remember correctly I do not encounter such a problem.

I do not think that Player units can give you bounty. As far I know, only hostiles can, right?

WRONG, player unit can give bounty. You need to use the action - turn bounty on. Don't believe it? Try have a look at my map Invasion Of MasterHaosis.

It doesn't works. I had to make such trigger. You see, when I add an ability with attachment even with a requirament, the attachment is visable, it's Data effects do not response, but attachments, as you see, visable. I wanted to make it not visable till you upgrade it.

In order to solve this, you can create 2 same ability (1 with attachment while the other doesn't have it). The ability without attachment would be known as dummy ability that would be display to the player. Once a upgrade have been done, remove the dummy ability from the unit type of xxx and put the actual ability to the unit.

I've tried adding custom loading screen not once, but I never manage to do it. I've readed many tutorials about it, but I still cannot figure it out. Other reason - every program I download in order to change file extension to BLP or other stuff - not working.

First of all, you need to make it into 800 * 600. Then set it to 512 * 512 and convert it to Tga files and then change it to blp files.

Once you did that, import it and change it's path to FullScreen.blp. But, you need another material as well which is LoadingScreen.mdx and can be found right here. Creating a Custom Loading Screen

I was expecting people to read, not look at cameras, etc. Oh well, I'll try to improve this.

Yes, reading it was fine. But, it was encourage to keep the camera moving and not stay frozen like a dummy unit does.

Damn, I thought all hotkeys works perfect. You see, I never use them. Oh well, I'll fix this.

Always remember, a unit should never have this list of hotkey.

M - This was the hotkey for unit movement. Never use it unless it was a building.
S - Attacking tower and unit should never use it.
H - Unit should never use it, only building are recommend.
U - Should never been used at building especially when it have upgrade or select user ability (Shop)
P - Never use this at unit
A - Unit that could attack unit should never use this hotkey.
O - Should never use this hotkey if the unit was a hero
B - Never use this hotkey especially if the unit was a worker.

Also, to ensure a hotkey was set at the right way. You can make a list of it via note pad. For example would be like this below.

Peasant unit : J,K,L,F,G,

So if you found out you have use the hotkey. Then skip the hotkey and use other.

It has SO MANY imported files. I do not think I will be able to search up every file's creator. >.< It might take weeks or more. Well as you seen at the description. I thanked to all hiveworkshop community for the models. I thought it might be enough.

Every time you use their model, remember to write down their name so you could enlisted them in the credit like how I does.

It doesn't necessary to said model xx, aa, gg belong to author xx. Just said thanks to author xx for his model. When you wrote thanks to hive community for the model, you actually just thanks this site. How do people know who was from this community especially outsider?

Last edited:
Level 31
You mean a structure is dead and the rest become invulnerable right away?

No, every structure is invulnarable except the building that mustn't be let destroyed. (Crystal)

Having the same music over and over again not only annoying, but boring as well. You should have the music change. For example, waves 1 play music 1 and once waves 1 end, the music 1 would end and play a relaxing music till a waves 2 arrive.

I was talking about Tragic Confrontation at the beggining. Anyway, this idea of yours might work perfectly, but maybe I'll improve this in the future, not that quickly.

Hmm, if I remember correctly I do not encounter such a problem.

But I do, and it's way too obvious.

WRONG, player unit can give bounty. You need to use the action - turn bounty on. Don't believe it? Try have a look at my map Invasion Of MasterHaosis.

My Trigger Editor has no such action as Bounty On. Must be fault of 1.07. Also I cannot see his map with this version..

First of all, you need to make it into 800 * 600. Then set it to 512 * 512 and convert it to Tga files and then change it to blp files.

Once you did that, import it and change it's path to FullScreen.blp. But, you need another material as well which is LoadingScreen.mdx and can be found right here.

I know that tutorial, and I've been analysing it not once. The problem with it is that Converter from TGA to BLP doesn't work. It doesn't work from here - hiveworkshop, and it even didn't work from other site that has, in my opinion, better converter. When try to open an image, it says that this file has wrong compression, even if it's TGA 512x512.

Every time you use their model, remember to write down their name so you could enlisted them in the credit like how I does.

Yes, I know, I might do that if I wouldn't be so lazy and pay weeks for it. >.<

It doesn't necessary to said model xx, aa, gg belong to author xx. Just said thanks to author xx for his model. When you wrote thanks to hive community for the model, you actually just thanks this site. How do people know who was from this community especially outsider?

Well I'm not going to tell what kind of model belongs to who, I mean, it's hard to find every model's creator and name him into the description. As I understand this, I must search up the model and when I find it - take a look at the creator and add his name to credit paragraph. But as I was saying, there are too much of models and this work might takes ages.. Maybe someday I'll bring myself to do it.

Level 31
No, every structure is invulnarable except the building that mustn't be let destroyed. (Crystal)

Then what the hell you make a trigger that defeat the player when the other structure destroy? it doesn't make any sense.

My Trigger Editor has no such action as Bounty On. Must be fault of 1.07. Also I cannot see his map with this version..

New version usually have new stuff the older version does not had it.

Well I'm not going to tell what kind of model belongs to who, I mean, it's hard to find every model's creator and name him into the description. As I understand this, I must search up the model and when I find it - take a look at the creator and add his name to credit paragraph. But as I was saying, there are too much of models and this work might takes ages.. Maybe someday I'll bring myself to do it.

That is why I said it was unnecessary to write model xx by author xx. Just write down the author name would be sufficient.

Level 31
Then what the hell you make a trigger that defeat the player when the other structure destroy? it doesn't make any sense.

Other? I didn't get your point.

By the way.. Yay, I've patched and it's so cool. :D Now I'll work on this map to fix it.

EDIT:

I've updated it with some fixes. I'm sorry, but I didn't improve everything what Septimus suggested, but I think I did the bigger part of all it.

Thanks for removing the part kind of comments that noone would like to see on it's resource, whoever removed.

Last edited:
Level 31
I see your back with another Decisive Night! Shame, couldn't download due to my slow and ever-disconnection internet connection. And the map size is huge for a single single player map.

Good to see you again though. :)
The map size was 11.8 MBs and now it's size got reduced by 4MBs.
Well honestly, I expect some criticism from you after playing this map. :)
And no, it's size is pretty okay for single player.

Level 8
No, it is OK for single player maps. But not OK for a single player map. To me that is.

Wait a sec, downloading in process.

[EDIT]
Played it. I have no idea why, but I prefer your first Decisive Night rather than this one. A few points I must say about the map:

Cinematic is alright, but it has a lot of incorrect spellings and bad grammar. Would've enjoyed it more if those things are fixed.

I find the buildings for training units a bit too far.

You downsized the damage?

The names I find a bit boring or lame. Hehe, Cheap Slash.

Last edited:
Level 31
[EDIT]
Played it. I have no idea why, but I prefer your first Decisive Night rather than this one. A few points I must say about the map:

Cinematic is alright, but it has a lot of incorrect spellings and bad grammar. Would've enjoyed it more if those things are fixed.

I find the buildings for training units a bit too far.

You downsized the damage?

The names I find a bit boring or lame. Hehe, Cheap Slash.

I think you would like to play the first decisive night because it's quite midest and not big sized (I mean gameplay). This decisive night is too expanded, if it's the right word to describe it.

Umm, grammar and spellings.. I am still learning this language, so it just cannot be perfect. I think I'll try to improve it.

How these buildings are too far? I think it's okay. I wouldn't say that it's close to the actions parts of map, but I also wouldn't say that it's too far though.

And yes, I've downsized them. If not Rifle-Man's suggestion, the damages and stats might still contain 300-1000 damage points and thousands of hit points to simple footmans without any exceptionals.

Names was boring and lame? What kind of names?

However, thanks for your opinion here.

Level 8
I think you would like to play the first decisive night because it's quite midest and not big sized (I mean gameplay). This decisive night is too expanded, if it's the right word to describe it.

Umm, grammar and spellings.. I am still learning this language, so it just cannot be perfect. I think I'll try to improve it.

How these buildings are too far? I think it's okay. I wouldn't say that it's close to the actions parts of map, but I also wouldn't say that it's too far though.

And yes, I've downsized them. If not Rifle-Man's suggestion, the damages and stats might still contain 300-1000 damage points and thousands of hit points to simple footmans without any exceptionals.

Names was boring and lame? What kind of names?

However, thanks for your opinion here.

Some names, like Cheap Slash and stuff. It just felt weird. But then one of Blizzard's icon is called Cheap Shot. I don't know. Was just saying my opinion.

Level 31
Some names, like Cheap Slash and stuff. It just felt weird. But then one of Blizzard's icon is called Cheap Shot. I don't know. Was just saying my opinion.

Haha, why would I copy the name of it? And another reason why it's not a Shot, because hero is not shooting, it is slashing. Of course word shot can be used as slash, but I liked slash more.