• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Times

Dark Times

Campaign by: Unknown (literally, we do not know)
Uploaded by: Herogod
Contents

Dark Times (Campaign)

Reviews
Craka_J: Please update this campaign as much as possible. Fix all of the bugs as often as thoroughly as you can.

M

Craka_J: Please update this campaign as much as possible. Fix all of the bugs as often as thoroughly as you can.

Level 2
SOO AWESOME! even throgh the raiders are just as strong as any other clans. so i don't see why they could crush enemys more then the rest.

Level 1
it sounds very nice though it doesnt seem to work for me... i cant do the farseer quest in the first mission and i cant find survivors

me 2 the far seer quest is bugged i got up to chapter three and 2 things when i kill the fel hound boss i spean anouther main hero and it dosent show what chaopet im on so i have to restar becuse my men bloced my hero during a cini so i coudnet advanc e :S

Level 3
cool campaign but there is a stupid bug in chapter 3
when im kiling the fel ravager i am only with the orc warchief and some troops while the far seer(cant remember their names:D) is atackin the undeads with some other troops and after i kill the ravager 2 far seers appear oO

Level 1
There is a bug where I get the thunderbulb for the teacher and when I come back to him nothing happens.

Level 2
The Good:

This campaign has a decent story and works well with official Warcraft 3 lore without causing many contradictions, making it all very believable. Cutscenes are very long and wordy, which may be seen as a bad thing by some, but they go a long way toward character and plot development.

The Bad:

Too many glitches...it's almost as though the map creator never tested his own map. If he had, he would've immediately realized one of the first quests you do is broken, or that the character sprites are missing in some of the later cutscenes...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Verdict:

The huge number of bugs ruin what otherwise would've been a great experience. If someone ever takes the time to fix up these maps, Dark Times will be an amazing campaign, but as it stands now, 2/5.

X59

X59

Level 3
A really great story line.

I would give a 9/10, due to the glitches that occur in the game.

You can't properly get the thunder bloom for the far seer teacher and when you kill the Fel Ravager in that one mission a weaker version of Koldar appears next to the normal one.

Level 2
I would like to point out things for this campaign.
- good story
- good terrain
- cinematics are too long
- no hints on what to do (e.g. first chapter, did not tell what to go to your hut or kill zul'kis)
- you can use custom skills, it will make the campaign better
- fix the bugs please, the thunderbloom bug and the two kordars bug
- you can also change the models you used for the heroes for a better look (optional)

Level 1
man...
the cinematic is to long and kinda boring
but the campaign is good
the terrain is good to
but there still 1 problem, there no hints its making me harder to play the game

Level 5
Nice storyline and good ideas in the campaign.
The problems what I was encountering so far during playing:
-In general the terrain in some scenarios below even Blizzard melee map level, lacking.
-There are many bugs left in the campaign, very unfortunate. Example the teacher optional quest in First Mission it cannot be finished. Also during the First Mission Kordar had the quilbeast summon ability, however during the Second Mission he has got far sight instead of it.
-Should have been used a few custom models or skins for heroes. Example Kordar's father and the Blackrock Chieftain using the same model(Mathog unit).
-Tech tree fixing, and might gave the Troll Headhunters more attack speed to match their Reign of Chaos stat?
- In the second Mission the Humans AI scripts are plain stupid(if they were given at all) as they use 12 peasents to gather gold mine.
- In General the cinematics are too long and very fast became boring because the creator did not spend time to enhance them with model animations, camera movement etc.

I did not finish the campaign yet. I like the story, it is good and interesting. Fixing the above mentioned errors would make this campaign awesome. 6.5/10

Edit: After replaying the entire campaign 7.5/10. It is unfortunate old campaigns like this one will not be updated anymore.

Last edited:
Level 2
I give 8|10.Great campaign and cinematic and storyline are great but i dont like the part when you come to Dalaran.The Guards are Blood Elfs and later you get them to portal.But why did you even mentioned them if you are not going to fight them or make them your allies ? Thats all from me.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It had an interesting premise but went into the Twisting Nether fast and didn't want to get out of there.

introduction:
-Kordar stops his animation of any kind after casting that lightning
-the cinematic scene's end leaves the player to the campaign menu

chap1:
-shamanic powers have nothing to do with the demons
-Gorrok has no glow and has red skin
-Kordar selected during the cinematic scene where he meets Eridai
-I think because of the version of the game/patch, the bulb is no longer a normal item that can be carried in the inventory but one that acts like a "rune" so the optional quest cannot be finished
-what is a Darkspear tribe Troll doing here? he doesn't really run... just once
-why not regenerate the mana and health of Kordar during those five hours?
-Kurudai was pretty fine after the wave of undead was eliminated, thank you very much
-Crypt Fiend projectiles were on Kordar the whole scene where he was disputing his brother
-the survivor did not change colour to blue and remained as one of the gray following Kurudai
-the level is pretty much linear
-the undead northeastern base wasn't much of a problem
-how/where were the other orcs evacuated if there were bandits on the road?

chap2:
-Brisgull looks like Kordar's father
-funny thing the Bonesplinters didn't send a scouts to see if camping there was ideal while there were two other camps nearby; the other two camps didn't mind sending scouts either as their battle was just in front of Kordar's camp
-now Kordar's Quilbeast ability was changed with Far Sight
-the idiot Der'Thek blocks the way to the southeast from where the undead come as he stands right next between the Orc Burrows
-the yellow AI helps the player with the optional quest
-the humans do not attack Kordar's camp
-there was no main undead force at the end that made it look special; besides it's a waste of time to move your hero through undefended territory; mine was right near the pass anyway

chap3:
-after the Fel Hound scene, I've got another Thrall (level 1 though) :)
-hounds still attack the camp even though their leader was killed
-Shadow Wolves trigger transmissions in the south regions when they arrive there because of their invisibility
-Kordar knows demon language...
-Anetheron spills out what the Heart of the Defiler is...; this one particular Dreadlord seems to be loyal to the legion
-resurrect Archimonde... this is going wayward fast
-the idiotic Dreadlord tells everything...; why would Draenor and that stupid altar be a place to resurrect Archimode? He died on mount Hyjal. How did they get his heart anyway? He effin' blew up

chap4:
-Fel Grunts cost/take as much (food) as normal Grunts and can be trained by the player from the start... They also have a faster attack rate; they also have the same hotkey
-the Ogre Barracks can be placed on other buildings and doodads
-the normal Warlock has its tool tip missing
-Demon Stronghold could look a bit different as to not confuse with the undead building
-Fel Peons cost less that Peons
-Vardius runs before finishing his discourse; he is also an idiot to tell why he needs the heart
-the heroes were moved after the cinematic scene started after the orange base was finished but my army was still in the base...
-the red AI does not send troops to Kordar's camp
-the enemy has level 1 heroes...
-the Gold Mine in the red base belongs to the red player
-units selected during the last scene

chap5:
-the Blademaster didn't even try to fight or run. He just stood there to be cut...
-it would be nice if Grodgash had a glow
-the Burning Legion and Kurudai's forces are not exactly allied since if one of the units belonging to one group is attacked the other group's units won't come to help unless their enemy is in their range
-Reincarnation on the ogre hero does not stay on the ultimate ability's slot
-Bloodlust was still on Kordar after the scene where he talks with his brother just before starting the duel
-Kurudai does not follow Kordar; the latter can just wait for his spells to recharge in a corner
-well that Dreadlord can't be killed if he can just teleport whenever and wherever he wants

chap6:
-Brisgull did not drink the demon blood so how was he affected!?
-where was the Sedejak during the siege?
-the last scene just shows a piece of land and transmissions as those talking are not seen at all
-once the blood was drunk, there would be no turning back from the curse, not that fast or without some cure anyway

chap7:
-some Peons near the Mill were not at full health
-Chaos Grunts can still be trained...
-even heroes can be trained at the Altar of Storms...
-Ogre Strength deals damage to allied/player owned units too; it even deals damage to the ogre hero...
-the yellow AI does not send troops to attack
-this storyline feels like Diablo, not Warcraft
-some Eredar heroes look like Archimonde

chap8:
-why do I have dragons if I sided with the Draenei?
-shouldn't the Dreadlord's death trigger Kurudai's "rest" or at least losing of his control over the demon forces?
-Kurudai seems to be going somewhere after the Altar is destroyed

The gameplay was mediocre overall. Some levels were interesting but there were too few moments of that.

Level 5
I will keep updating this post..

Intro: I like the story. Kordar is a cool guy, I can identify with him.

Chapter 1: I prefer the boar skill instead of "far seeing". There are many quests in this chapters.
The dialogues are brutal. "Tearing the head off from the chieftain and keep it as trophy".
Close to reality I would say! For some reason I can't complete the optional quest with the herb.
Hm..

Chapter 2: For some reason I'm lvl 3 and I only have 1 point in chain lighting skilled.
2 points which I invested into summoning the boar are completly wasted.
I'm sure it is a bug. Nontheless it wasn't very hard and I continue my journey.

Interlude: I enjoy the dialogues and these are funny ones indeed.
Also it makes a lot of sense to me.

Chapter 3: I found another bug when I encounter the "fel reaver", a lvl 1 copy of Kordar gets spawned.
After he dies, I can revive him on the altar of storms.

edit: After more than 3 years I will finish this Review or lets say make a new one and give it a new rating.

Intro: You don't do a 360 Cinematic spin and now I know why : ) It irritates the player.

Last edited:
Level 9
Kind of a mess tbh.

The campaign is enjoyable enough but there were too many bugs.

However the bugs either made the game more enjoyable or more annoying. So its kinda funny. Like i enjoyed decimating the enemy using my extra heroes and fel orcs. But the last mission was a bit of a mess. Like constantly attacked from 6 sides. A bit impossible.

Now i did cheat and this part confused me. Does cheating in some way stop the attack of the enemy? Why?z

Overall it was fun. But it just falls a bit of being worth playing due to its ridiculous balance issues for 2 missions and loads of bugs.

2/5

Level 5
I am finished with this Campaign and here is my Review:

Intro - As I said you don't do a 360 spin in Cinematic. It irritates or confuses the player from the angle he/she is watching.
Just keep it at one certain angle.

Chapter 1 - Lame Side quest with Zul'kis. There is a motivation to kill him but it lacks any response from the clan if you did kill him.
Boar is too strong really. Lvl 2 Boar is much stronger than lvl 3 wolves. And the funny thing is that after Chapter 1 is over, it is replaced with Far Seer.
And the 2 Skill points are kinda wasted till the end. Why? That is such a bad design. Either stick with it or replace it with Far Seer from the beginning.
You fight against some Gnolls for the Thunderbloom bulb and then you never see any of them for the rest of the map. You could place some more Gnolls throughout the map and make more variety of enemies.
Trolls don't attack at night but they don't have the sleeping symbol above their heads. Visual effect is missing.

Chapter 2 - Undead Force doesn't attack the base at all. They just stand there.
No Animation is played when Kordor stops the Undead in the end cinematic.

Chapter 3 - Lvl 1 Copy was actually a nice bug and was fun to play with. 2x Chain Lighting is strong.

Chapter 4 - The Relationship between Bonesplinter Clan and the use of Magic could have been more relevant.
There was only one Dialogue of Der'Thek mentioning it.
There could have been a Draenei Side Quest for sure.
One of the Worst Chapter in my opinion. Too easy. The enemy didn't attacked at all which was strange.

Chapter 5 - My units receive randomly heavy damage when fighting. Doesn't make any sense.
The Fight between Kurudai and Kordor was my highlight of the whole Campaign.
It was good and it wasn't that easy.

Chapter 6 - I like that you have to choose between Dragons or Draenei. There should be more Quests with consequences.
The enemy is just running away after getting in fight with my troops. It is totally stupid behavior. In most cases if I just let 1 or 2 Grunts guard the base, it is enough to defend it. The End Cinematic had a very bad angle and you could barely see what was going on.

Chapter 7 - Also way too easy as Chapter 4.
There is no spell or sound effect that shows why my units suddenly lose much hp.
No End cinematic after Archimonde's Death. Also the dialogue between Archimonde and Kordor was just pathethic to be honest.
It all built up to this and then it just ends abrupt.

Chapter 8 - Finally a real challenging mission. I had some fun with it but it is not well done.
Can't skip the cutscene in the beginning. So when you have to restart because this mission was by far the hardest of the campaign, you
are forced to rewatch it.
Why do I have 2 Dragons? And the Dragons receive way too much damage and are totally useless in this mission.
I actually finished this mission without using cheats. I had to restart it a couple of times and think what I should do.
The best way is to abandon the main camp sooner or later and build a new camp at the gold mine. The reinforced upgrade is very good here combined with watch towers. Chain Lighting do wonders here too against the flying units.
It just doesn't make sense why it suddenly gets this kind of hard and before it is just face rolling through the mission.
Also there is no real final fight between Kordor and Kurudai. Kurudai just escapes like a coward and wants to have revenge later. And they just let him escape for no reason. For what all this built up? Kurudai was just a minion of the dreadlord and Kordor killed the dreadlord in the map before.
Why does Kurudai has a demon army now? Why is this the last chapter?

To end this review I will rate it 2 out of 5*

Last edited:
Level 4
This has been, at best, an average experience. The story seemed interesting up to a point where it started feeling... how should I say it... unrealistic? There were moments where I rolled my eyes, but there were others where I genuinely was interested in what was going to happen. The dialogue was also okay-ish but had grammar and spelling errors.

The terrain, gameplay, and all that stuff were also basic, with the last missions having really ugly terrain in my opinion. However, the worst part was that most missions had places where only 2-3 units could get through, so the army was always getting stuck waiting.

There were also some bugs. At one point, I found myself with 2 Kordars (I believe that was his name), in one mission I was able to create heroes lol, the 2nd spell of Kordar changed with Thrall's original spell out of nowhere in one certain mission (and it stayed like that), and some cutscenes ran without the protagonists in them for some reason. However, the campaign was playable without anything gamebreaking. It's worth noting that I played it on version 1.07, as recommended, and I did enjoy my time playing it until the last... let's say... 2 missions.