• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Times & Good Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
We will not be getting an IRC server here. Not only would it require a significant amount of work to bring it to the level of features and integration that the current chatroom offers, but IRC tends to be a higher-risk DoS target (yes it is, in fact, as much as you don't want it to be), and the current server and connection are nowhere near sufficiently protected to host an IRC server. Not to mention, hosting IRC is against many ISP's Acceptable Use Policies.

Level 14
yes, this off-topic is ridiculous. IRCs are not going to hurt/help the hive.
TheHelper has no relevance to anything that we are discussing.
this was about moderators leaving and coming. And if that was bad or good.
in no way did it involve any other site.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Not every new member is an idiot. Loosing moderators does not mean they'll be replaced by newbies. Moderators are promoted to do their job and demoted when they decide to leave or they quit, they are not replaced in any way. There is no magical gap that always needs to be filled.

Level 24
Not every new member is an idiot. Loosing moderators does not mean they'll be replaced by newbies. Moderators are promoted to do their job and demoted when they decide to leave or they quit, they are not replaced in any way. There is no magical gap that always needs to be filled.

Rui here you are wrong,you arent loosing just a moderator,that person had some skills ,a different touch.

You for example,in my oppinion,you are the worlds bestest terrainer.If you would leave and another member would take your place,would he be the worlds best terrainer?I say No!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Please stay on-topic, I don't like my skills to be compared.
To be honest, I'm not up to date with these UTM things and terrainers like MadseN do things that I feel I wouldn't be capable of doing (sincerely I don't even have the patience to do them).
Today I limit myself to commenting others' work.

Rui here you are wrong,you arent loosing just a moderator,that person had some skills ,a different touch.
(...)
Then again, you can't be sure that the new staff member doesn't have skills, that all new moderators will be worse than the previous. They may be skilled not in detail 1 but in detail 2. Old moderators are not unique relics.

Level 27
Not only would it require a significant amount of work to bring it to the level of features and integration that the current chatroom offers
Features? Are you kidding? Implementing the features would be one tenth of the IRC spec. Unless you mean the features that are part of being in a webpage, but this is not a problem, as the client side of the chat need not change for an IRC server.

Level 23
Features? Are you kidding? Implementing the features would be one tenth of the IRC spec. Unless you mean the features that are part of being in a webpage, but this is not a problem, as the client side of the chat need not change for an IRC server.

If you noticed, we aren't talking about IRC anymore :razz:

And yes, the debate has been 15 pages.:bored: And no one klnows whether new mods are total noobs or might be vital to the site. Only time (and mana) will tell!:smile:

Level 7
Does anyone know where Elenai went? If he's gone, I can only assume that he has commited Epic Suicide. There is no other reason he would leave us.
On the bright side, (thinks)
(thinks more)
(gives up)
Anyway, I know that there are many faithful who will stand by this site.
NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

Level 17

What he said. But nevermind, I don't care anymore. It's about time you grab a bible and nails and crucify the IRC-people here. :S

On a more serious matter. This thread has became pretty twisted. Everyone is ranting offtopic, browning noses or talking about unrelevant stuff.
Edit - Forgot to mention: Opera beats FireFox any day, punk.

Level 24
Ramen you are a special member,the morons that WILL reffer to them are those who do this:

Write like this:
HAI CULD I HAV SAME N4RUT0 MUDLZ
And as they are neg repped and have a dossage of reality,they leave out crying.And by the way,they dont even upload an avatar and have like 15 posts

Level 20
There is nothing left to prove because the only valid solution has been pointed out by myself in earlier pages that I'm too lazy to browse through. Now, seriously, this should be locked or at least dealt with by someone. -.-'

I predict 40 retards will reply to this saying 'omg ya liek clos da thred n stop spamin'. b moar ironic plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.