• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Times & Good Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone!
During the recent time, moderators and users have left The Hive Workshop.
Some wonder what is going to happen and fear that Hive will be shut down.
It has been a dark time with moderators leaving while we needed them the most. Especially since Tim (Wolverabid) has been having lots of trouble. He is having a very hard time at the moment and cannot visit Hive. I would like you all to think positive thoughts and hope the best for him. He has not forgotten us.
But even in the darkest times, good things happen. New moderators are on their way into the Hive, helping us rebuild our foundations and defenses while we gather and sort resources.
The Hive will never fail.

As usually I have lots of projects to work on. I am going to port the spells section as I did with the other sections. Later on I will probably make a new pastebin (the current one is pretty bad and simple), then I will maybe make a new chatroom with more features. So as you can see. Nothing has changed much on my end and mood on keeping hive alive !

:thumbs_up: Hail The Hive!

Level 13
Actually, I'm not too worried about Hive shutting down.

It's still a very popular site. And although we're losing moderators, it hasn't been all bad.

And Wolv's name is Tim? Huh, you know, I had always wondered if he was a bot created by you Ralle.

Level 24
Actually, I'm not too worried about Hive shutting down.

It's still a very popular site. And although we're losing moderators, it hasn't been all bad.

And Wolv's name is Tim? Huh, you know, I had always wondered if he was a bot created by you Ralle.

Ignorant bastard,this isnt the right time to joke.Mr.Wolverabid made efforts here at Hive,he recovered my account when it was lost,I would of been isolated from Hive a long time ago if it wasnt for our greatest member ever.

So have some respect and if you dont know,so respect your elder,if not a great person.

Level 3
Ninjas

I wish Wolverabid the best, and I hope all goes well for him. Everyone please pray/meditate/cultivate good energy for him.

I'm sure there are plenty of active members right now that would like to help out around the Hive. If there's anything any of us can do, we would be glad to do it.

Level 10
Hello everyone!
During the recent time, moderators and users have left The Hive Workshop.
Some wonder what is going to happen and fear that Hive will be shut down.
It has been a dark time with moderators leaving while we needed them the most. Especially since Tim (Wolverabid) has been having lots of trouble. He is having a very hard time at the moment and cannot visit Hive. I would like you all to think positive thoughts and hope the best for him. He has not forgotten us.
But even in the darkest times, good things happen. New moderators are on their way into the Hive, helping us rebuild our foundations and defenses while we gather and sort resources.
The Hive will never fail.

As usually I have lots of projects to work on. I am going to port the spells section as I did with the other sections. Later on I will probably make a new pastebin (the current one is pretty bad and simple), then I will maybe make a new chatroom with more features. So as you can see. Nothing has changed much on my end and mood on keeping hive alive !

:thumbs_up: Hail The Hive

1. This site all depends on Wolve, if he doesn't come back soon, the site is dead.
2. The mods that left were top quality, the ones you are replacing them with are not quite that.
3. Some of the mods are leaving to a site with <120 members, this shows how loyal they are.
4. More are leaving, quote from brad.dude: "I'm going to gradually shift my focus to here over the Hive as the Hive is slowly dying. Very gradually I will switch from one site to the other
Razz.gif
"
5. You framed me in the chat just then, just shows how mature you are. Also very biased against me, for an unknown reason.
6. This site is very well made, but it's not well managed.
7. I've been waiting for my award icon for 2 months.
8. Your approval system (especially for maps) fails.
9. You just gave mini-modship to someone that deleted all their resources, flamed, trolled and said they were leaving. HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU?
10. There are groups in social groups, saying that THW was better before. This is not a good sign.

On another note, the new projects sound nice, and your site will survive due to the newbies that ask annoying questions.

Level 13
Yeah, let's hope these mods really aren't screw-over choices like Desk was.

I say you put up like an AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or something and interview people to see if they're right for the job. It's how they get their staff over at Filefront, and their staff is top notch.

Level 11
Ridiculus BB, ridiculus
That analyses seems a bit extreme, though yes Ralle needs to get a bit more choicy with his admin/mod picking

I'm sure with a bit of effort you can find a few good mods from among this huge pool of people.

I think Last Istari has the right of it.

You need people who are:
1. Industrious
2. Somewhat Kind (meaning they aren't complete jack asses, they wont flame people, etc.)
3. Who enforce the rules but aren't sticklers to them
4. and preferably not so fickle as so many people seem to be these days.

it's a sad thing when the people who were supposedly your best admins/mods just abandon you (I don't mean Wolverabid) :sad:

Last edited:
Level 6
I think these lyrics fit the situation :
good times, bad times,
You know I had my share;
When my woman left home
With a brown eyed man,
Well, I still dont seem to care.

I'll stay with the hive as long as possible , until the end ! :)

I hope we will make Hive as it used to be,but without ragingspeedhorn,HappyTauren and others this is gonna be hard.These guys were really good..

And as always,there are people who just make jokes here and they do not know how serious this is.(Personally I don't give a shit about the site,and won't care that much if it is closed but it is a nice place to get help from others and learn the WE)...

Level 24
Hive's main problem is power addiction,many users rage-leave the Hive because of some members hostility.And what is happening on private,I cant tell.

Hive is high-tech,no other website matches us,we have a member problem.Some spoiled losers.

I just say that there are some groups that ''dont care much''

Level 6
I hope we will make Hive as it used to be,but without ragingspeedhorn,HappyTauren and others this is gonna be hard.These guys were really good..

And as always,there are people who just make jokes here and they do not know how serious this is.(Personally I don't give a shit about the site,and won't care that much if it is closed but it is a nice place to get help from others and learn the WE)...

When someone goes out , there's allways a free room for someone else.

Level 12
If anything the hive is growing.
A few mods or admins leaving doesn't do that much damage, theres always more members out there to fillin the gaps.

As with everything, the younger generation replaces the older one.
The hives been up for how long now, 4-5 years?

When starcraft 2 comes out, it will really boom, just be patient :)

Level 23
If anything the hive is growing.
A few mods or admins leaving doesn't do that much damage, theres always more members out there to fillin the gaps.

It isn't the number of people as far as mods go, its the quality and experiance. Better to have 1 good and experianced mod than 5 unexperiance "don't-know-how" mods.

Some may agree with me and others won't. This is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.