• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage - Sides per die and Roll dice -> HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Damage - Number of Dice:
How many times the damage dice is rolled.

Damage - Sides per Dice:
The maximum value of the dice.

The damage that is added is between Number of Dice * 1 and Number of Dice * Sides per Die.

If number of Dice is 6 and Sides per Dice is 4, then you get a minimum of 6*1 = 6 and a maximum of 6*4 = 24 damage.

The additional damage is weighted towards the average of the min and max due to the nature of propability of rolling dices.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Your map is deffinetly not rejected ONLY because of that. Those are just for damage values. It will increase damage base and multiply it. There is no need to "know" that stuff, just try few times in a test map and see what it does exactly.

EDIT: Maker is right! ^^

Level 14
Damage - Number of Dice:
How many times the damage dice is rolled.

Damage - Sides per Dice:
The maximum value of the dice.

The damage that is added is between Number of Dice * 1 and Number of Dice * Sides per Die.

If number of Dice is 6 and Sides per Dice is 4, then you get a minimum of 6*1 = 6 and a maximum of 6*4 = 24 damage.

The additional damage is weighted towards the average of the min and max due to the nature of propability of rolling dices.

So, you mean that if i have for example - 14 Number of dice and 11 Sides per dice i get Min damage - 14 and Max - 154? I have little problems with my WE, so i can't test it right now, so - sorry! :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.