• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage absorb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Banish probably is hard-coded to make things Ethereal, though.

Making a unit Ethereal is basically what hes asking for though is it not? Immune to physical attacks and or vulnerable to spells. Unless the unit being target-able is a requirement.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Making a unit Ethereal is basically what hes asking for though is it not? Immune to physical attacks and or vulnerable to spells. Unless the unit being target-able is a requirement.
Re-read the OP; it appears you are right. However, couple of issues:

1) Even if so, "Etheral-ism" is hard-coded with certain percentages; i.e. 0% physical damage (not even targettable, IIRC), while they take 1/3 more (33.3...%) damage from spells. He's looking for 200%, which can't be set.

2) If, as me, he's concerned about being able to fit this within the confines of regular Melee TFT, then he can't re-use Banish without replacing it; i.e. the spells would overlap & not work correctly. (I may have assumed that incorrectly, though).

Level 14
I want the unit to be attackable but take no damage while take 200% damage from spells.
This negative value in spell resistant might do the trick but I can't figure hao to make him absord all physical damage.
Haven't tested the hardened skin though.

Level 8
I want the unit to be attackable but take no damage while take 200% damage from spells.
This negative value in spell resistant might do the trick but I can't figure hao to make him absord all physical damage.
Haven't tested the hardened skin though.

I'm sure there's some spells just like that in DotA. I think Winter Wyvern has something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.