• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Daily Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Rufus the wise: Patience and hard work is key.
Rence the wiser: For lazy people, their friend is the key, and patience and hard work is the lock.

Feel free to post more wise stuff.
I'll gather the best ones here.

Whenever we reach a new page of posts in this thread, I'll add the best one from that page here.
I am the unfair and sole judge of this.

"Nobody dies a virgin, life fucks us all." -GhostHunter123
"The problem is not the problem, but your attitude to that problem." -Edge45
"Never trust people with accent." -Bear_369

Last edited:
Level 10
Sweet!
Key to Success.jpg

Level 6
There is eternal peace in death.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same. Boundaries shift, new players step in, but power always finds a place to rest its head. We fought and bled along side the Russians. We shoulda' known they'd hate us for it. History is written by the victor, and here I a thinking we won. But you bring down one enemy and they find someone even worse to replace him. Locations change, the rationale, the objective. Yesterday's enemies are today's recruits. Train them to fight alongside you, and pray they don't eventually decide to *hate* you for it, too. "

If you seek vengeance, dig two graves.

There is no peace while humans live.

Life is like a book. You open it up when you start, you like it for a while, then it comes to a close.

Life is like a video game. There is always a game over.

God damn that was depressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Friends lead to manipulation. Manipulation leads to madness, depression, insanity, and despair. Madness, depression, insanity and despair lead to suicide.

Thus, I have no friends.

Roland

R

Roland

Life is like a maze, If you're at the starting point that means you arrived in the world but if you're in the end point that means you're almost in the afterlife, But if you get lost, you're dead.

Level 21
"It's a strange phenomenon, that in reality people realize their dreams, but are constantly confronted with how unrealistic their dreams are."
- Someone

"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning."
- Dr. Reiner Knizia

Level 12
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Last edited:
Level 32
I come to this magnificent house of worship tonight,
Because my conscience leaves me no other choice.
A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say of war,
This way of settling difference is, is not just.
This business of burning human beings with napalm,
Filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows,
Of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into veins of peoples normally humane.

Of sending men home from the dark and bloody battlefields
Physically handicapped and psychologically deranged,
Cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love.
Cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love.

- Martin Luther King Jr., 1967 (Lyrics to Wisdom Justice and Love by Linkin Park, 2010)

Level 10
"You can't have your cake and eat it too" (bs saying that people have said to me a lot originating from some heathen land)

Why the hell not?! It's MY CAKE! What the hell else am I going to do with it??

*takes bite of cake*

"Excuse me sir, what are you doing eating that cake? You know you can't do that, don't you? Why can't you just be satisfied to have your cake? I can't stand greedy people like you!"

-Thomas Ludwig betranor de flutimoose Jefferson

Level 19
For every rain drop, somewhere there is a flower that awaits it

ie, Your tears might be another persons joy. The JERK!

Though your place is above, they do not feel your weight
Though your place is before, they do not count it as an injury

ie, don't be a jerk about being all powerful. You are just another person after all.

Yeah that is all I have... choking to death isn't fun

Last edited:
Level 19
All life is vanity and without meaning. The only answer to meaning is to reflect the question within ones self, and ask

what brings meaning to my life?

for the real answer is not to what the meaning of life is but instead, what brings meaning to your life?

ie, the meaning of life is to find meaning in living.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
In a world without sadness, you can't be sure who your real friends are.
In a world without sadness happiness would not exist**

Because you would be so used to being happy it would not be special and just raise the standard.

The funny thing is that I learned that from a tv series for children. Though they used boredom as an example. "You cannot have fun if you're not bored as well."

For us to appreciate something we must have experienced the other side of it to some extent.

Level 19
I stand alone the mountain and I until only the mountain remains

ie, life is short and stupid with no real point to it at all, so we should all go around blowing up mountains just to spite life.

Status
Not open for further replies.