• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Customizable Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I've become interested in creating my own full game project at the request of another person.

My first system i want to know how to do is how to make a customizable experience system similar to this.

Level 1 = 1000xp
Level 2 = 2000xp
Level 3 = 3000xp

Etc Etc just like this, Levels will be counted in 1000s

The object would be that the experience points will be used to exchange for other "points" to spend on stats, skills, or anything else that will be available for the unit. Levels will just be how many thousands of "Experience Points" you have, (note that this may also be changed from Exp Points to some other type of currency gained through battles and missions throughout the map.

Level 13
Thats kind of a neat idea.. but ppl mostly like wc3 because of heros a leveling and it sounds like you are kinda taking that away a little in your game. But it is a neat idea, for a RPG is it?

Anyway i would just use a Integer array to keep track of all their "xp" and they can spend it and gain it as they wish. and it wont affect the heros level, becuz if you do reduce the heros xp i'm pretty sure the level of the hero will drop also if it goes from 1020 to 980xp it will be lvl 1 again, using your specs from above
Level 1 = 1000xp
Level 2 = 2000xp
Level 3 = 3000xp

Do do it your way go to Gameplay constants. Then (Hero XP Gained - Hero Table) Change the 100, 210, 160, 220, 300 to 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000
and your set.

Level 5
Technically yes, but no, You'll end up using the points gained to spend on skills, stats, speed health and armor, generally, im still trying to see what I could adapt this into but it's more of a counter, like you go to the training center to turn in the points, possibly 1k at a time for maybe 50 Level up points.

These points would be spend on upgrades to level the unit individually, also the experience gain will be alot larger than normal games. So it may seem odd to people at first but hopefully they enjoy it as they learn to use it.

ex.

-Level Upgrade ##
35 + 15 Points Per Level
This upgrade will Increase units Health, Armor, Speed, and will allow the user to purchase higher level skills or use other items.

Then regular stat building upgrades like
Health Upgrade
25 + 25 per level
Large upgrade in health

There will be one for mana, but each unit will use mana differently, For example one unit may actually have use for mana like a regular.

Another Unit may use mana for a shield, all other spells have timed Cd's or may even cost health.

Another unit may use it For Rage time, Like increased damage while it remains, and his skills have timed CD's as well.

Of course those 3 mana upgrades will have all different costs and amounts.

I could probably type this out all night lol but im gonna stop here and answer your other question.

Right now, it isn't necessarily an rpg, but more of an Action Game with a story to it, It's going to follow a character/Characters during a large scale battle against an enemy force and odd plot twists will enter to keep the game fresh and fun. I don't have everything fully together but as soon as I have something good to work with im going to post in map development.

--edit--
I wanted to give you Some +Rep for helping me with that but it told me to spread rep around more before I did it again, which is kinda odd since i haven't been on here for almost 2 months.

Level 17
If im understanding you correctly, you want exp to be like money, and skill points like lumber? Well thats simple, if your not using gold or lumber you can set up all custom exp to correspond with money/lumber. If you already are, set up a multiboard. Create a seperate multiboard for each player and have their total exp, their total skill points, (in 1 row different coulums) and under all that the skills (like health, armor, etc.) and what level they are. If you understand where im getting at. If you dont id gladly make you a test map with that multiboard in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.