• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Global Experience for Party (Memory Leak Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since an active RPG party in my project can only have a limited number of members in it at a time, and the other followers are disabled, there would be a problem where the more active party members would have higher levels than the rest.

I'm trying to figure out a system where quests give all party members (whether they're active or not) the same experience points. Now it's just simply adding experience to each party member, but I want to know if I can just use a unit group to give the experience to.

It sounds like a no-brainer but I will only have to set the unit group variable once, and just apply the experience points to it the entire game. Do I still have to use custom script to destroy the unit group each time? I'm not altering the variable at any time after I've already set its value.

EDIT: If you have a better idea of how to implement global party experience, I'd love to know your thoughts. I just want the party members to have relatively close levels, instead of a few overpowered ones and the others lagging behind because the player doesn't like to use them often.

Status
Not open for further replies.