• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom tree variations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is impossible to use 3 different models as variations. It is possible only with different textures as Alok wrote.

You're wrong. You just import them like this:

Tree0.mdx
Tree1.mdx
Tree2.mdx

And create a new destructible and set variations to 3. Change the model of destructible to Tree.mdx (without number) and set has lightweight model to false. Bam! Now everytime you place a tree it will choose a random variation.

Level 14

Tree0.mdx
Tree1.mdx
Tree2.mdx

And create a new destructible and set variations to 3. Change the model of destructible to Tree.mdx (without number) and set has lightweight model to false. Bam! Now everytime you place a tree it will choose a random variation.

I am glad, I was wrong! Thank you for clarifying this. I did not know wc3 lets you do this manually ...

Tree0.mdx
Tree1.mdx
Tree2.mdx

I did not know about this. Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.