• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, i imported a lot of custom models into my map (currently I'm having problem with Trees) and replaced them with my old (only Trees). So now i have a problem, if i use an Destructible Tree and give it imported model, i cannot use more then 1 variation (if set more variations model is displayed as green square), but if i use the Environment Rock i cannot kill it, because i have spells the require Trees. So if there a way to use a custom model with more variations, or kill a Rock like it's Tree. +rep as always.

Level 12
Wow quick replay) I'll try right now.
Edit: Well, with barrel there's a problem, when i cast a spell that should destroy the destructible, it still stands but i cannot select it or cast a spell on it again, its like the barrel died, but the model is still standing.
Edit 2: is there a way to kill a rock?? :D

Last edited:
Level 21
Stanley said:
Edit: Well, with barrel there's a problem, when i cast a spell that should destroy the destructible, it still stands but i cannot select it or cast a spell on it again, its like the barrel died, but the model is still standing.
It's because the model has not a "death" animation.
Stanley said:
Edit 2: is there a way to kill a rock?? :D .
If you create a destructable / unit with a rock model, yes.

Level 21
1-Making a map with more than 3K doodads is most of time useless (it's not good for the old warcraft 3 engine, and, generally, means you could play more with scale /placement)
2-Anyway, doodads are unkillable. Contrary to Destructables. Units is generally not a good idea (because they needs more power for w3's engine than destructables). So, I advice you to replace your thing with destructables.

Do you need to do this manually? Yes.

You can then do this:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Death <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies)
  • Death
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Destructible - Remove (Dying destructible)
Test Map:

Attachments

• Remove Dying Destructable.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 55
Level 12
Well, i think I'll i figure out something and thanks for help guys. Pharaoh_ think i you'll do it your way. jk2pach well in my map there a lot of trees (5k) and other doodads are grass and something else. So it looks very cool with my 3d camera on the map. Epic)) I wathed a lot of terrain tutorials and made my map really nice. So i don't think this is useless, i hope. +rep to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.