• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Tree (Snowy 1)

A halo-style tree model that i made. Texture was based on my fir model, with some color tweaking to make it look more halo-esque.

PLEASE NOTE:

All my halo trees were meant to be used as a set and shares three different textures (normal, dead and snowy). This means it LOOKS like this model is huge while it actually isn't - each of the textures are between 40 and 80kb, while the models are between 6 and 20kb.

UPDATE:
Added animations.

Keywords:
halo, tree, snow, fir, forest, wood
Contents

Halo Tree (Snowy 1) (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 15:25, Sunday 18th December 2011
Frankster :
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

Well, i could make one that is completely covered, but i was aiming more for the spring-like feel that is most present on halo, where the ground is bare but the treetops covered (also, the bottom branches are naturally obscured from snowfall by the above one). If you want to make one yourself, you could basically just open the model in magos model editor, go to the material manager, and find the material that contains the "HaloTree2" texture and replace it with "HaloTreeSnow". Then you can remove HaloTree2 from the texture manager alltogether and enjoy your fully covered tree :)

Thank you for your comments!