• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom starfall spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Asking for a help with my custom starfall spell. The casting time is only 1 sec. I want all the targets to be hit only once.
Right now the spell:
a) Have limited amount of targets. I want all the targets in the area to be striked once.
b) Some units affected by visual effect but not damage.

The option with minimum use of triggers is preferred.

Level 3
Starfall has a delay on each impact which is why I want to stuck with it. Is there a source file where number of targets is set or it's hardcoded?

Level 15
Use a trigger spell that damage enemies after a 1 second delay, keep the fan of knives custom spell but with no damage and custom special effects. When you use the trigger make sure to check if enemies are in fog of war with the boolean true or false. Use loop real and unit for the delay effect. An alternative is to use shadow strike but the green damage number will always pop, so that might not be good. Lastly you can also use acid bomb with 0 initial damage and secondary damage, this works everytime but make sure to not use another custom acid bomb as they don't stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.