• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starfall effect not changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi all
I am making a simple Starfall spell where the buff is changed such that the starfall missiles are recplaced by Rain of Fire missiles. However, with the new buff (which has the new Rain of Fire effect added), the effect of Starfall will not change. Am I missing something simple? :)

RainOfTerrorNotWorking.png

RainOfTerror.PNG
RainOfTerrorBuff.PNG

Level 12
Unfortunately some of the things in warcraft 3 are hard coded, including the startfall effect.

If you want to change the effect you need to edit the effect of the original spell.

Level 18
I did some testing, and you do have to edit the effect of the original spell. By that, I mean you need to go to the Buffs/Effects sub menu under Object Editor and edit the effect there. The catch is that this will affect all custom versions of Starfall. This is a huge bummer because changing the buff and effects of this spell no longer does anything.

Why was this introduced in Reforged all of a sudden? Perhaps, this is just one mishap of many along the way and it was never meant to be. This could mean there are other spells affected in Reforged.

@Kam

Status
Not open for further replies.