• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom ability has the starfall model even though I changed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm trying to create a custom ability based on Starfall, but but it has the monsoon lightning instead of the stars raining down. I've already changed the buff and effect to monsoon, but its still starfall. I even changed the starfall in the normal nightelf abilities tab to be monsoon, but nothing's working. It worked in classic, but I'm trying in reforged graphics/editor, and nothings working.

Level 7
I'm familiar with classic only, so this may not be applicable. What comes to my mind along the lines of similar issues I've faced before, it could be in the buff or the effects that the ability uses. Even if you change all art with the ability's own data fields, the art will still be there if it is instead attached to an effect or buff the ability uses, so you will need to edit those instead (or in addition to).

Level 9
I have version 1.32.10 and it works for me. The key is to change the original buff and effect, not create a copy.
So dont make a custom ability based on starfall, edit the original starfall in the night elf ability tree? I tried that too and didn't work. Though I think I only tried once just as an offhand to see if anything changed. I can get the effect of monsoon, with the clouds and rain, just not the lightning missile

Status
Not open for further replies.