• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Help please... (some R specifics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there, I'm having a bit of a difficulty on creating/re-editing some spells for a hero and a campaign I'm about to make.

here are my spell questions:

Voodoo Spirit spell

I'm having a bit of a difficulty on changing the skin of the spell because I wanted to change the locusts into wisp without ever changing the swarm unit type and its purposes on damage the targets.. How do you change it?

Starfall spell

The starfall fell that I really want to customize is that I wanted to become ongoing. you know like a regular starfall spell is movement-locked and the animation uses only loops. but I really wanted to make a starfall that is ongoing and the hero can move and do spells and stuff without interupting the spell because of the movement. So How do you do it? Do I really need to program this into jass?

Death and decay.

same as the Starfall spell.

on the other note, how do you change the speed of the delivery of the attack of the hero. which name is it and how do you change the size of the hero. my hero looks like a small soldier. I wanted it to have that size of Jaina or a warden. which name in the object editor should it input this one?

Voodoo Spirit => You mean Locust Swarm?
The locust swarm has the locust unit type. Then, go to the Units tab, find the Locust, right click copy it and then Edit - Paste. Then, go to Art - Model from your pasted Locust unit and change it to wisp. Then, go back to the ability and change the Swarm unit type to your new locust with wisp model. The stats of the units will remain the same, since you copy-pasted it, but have the models changes, the way you want it to be.

I will say it again; Jass is not the magical language, yes, it makes way more things than GUI, but for these simple things, GUI can also do the job. So, you need a trigger, which will create a dummy unit (Unit - Create unit) and order it to cast Starfall (Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Priestess of the Moon - Startfall); of course, that dummy unit must have Starfall too.

Death and Decay - the same as above.

To change the size of the hero, go to your hero in the Object Editor and scroll to Art - Scaling value (greater values = greater size).

Status
Not open for further replies.