• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with multiple ability/attack animation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Problem 1: I have a spell based on Metamorphosis; Unit A transforms into Unit B. Unit B is tinted via object editor, Unit A is not. When Unit A casts this spell, it transforms into Unit B, without the designated tint. When the duration ends, Unit A takes on the tint originally designated for Unit B. Why does it do this? More importantly, how can i fix it? (Causing Unit B to take on the tint, and Unit A to not retain the tint after the spell ends)

Problem 2: For a couple of different spells, I've tried changing the animation by adding/replacing "Effects" to/from a base ability. For example, I changed Starfall to Sheepfall by changing the "Starfall <target>" animation in the buff to "Polymorph <Effect>." This worked fine, but when I tried changing the art of the "Starfall <Effect>" (the ray of light that attaches to the caster) to "Sleep <Target>," no art showed. How can I fix this?

Problem 3: I want to give a unit an attack like a chimaera, or a summoned hawk, where the attack animation is a lightning bolt connecting the unit and the target. However, I cannot find anyway of doing this. I'm fairly certain it is not a projectile. And on the same note, how do I make the same animation for an ability? I looked to chain lightning for reference, and I noticed the line "Lightning Effects," but when I tested that line with a storm bolt ability, nothing appeared.

Thanks in advance for the patience, and sorry about the lengthy post, my aim was to be clear and descriptive.

Level 14
Problem 1: I have a spell based on Metamorphosis; Unit A transforms into Unit B. Unit B is tinted via object editor, Unit A is not. When Unit A casts this spell, it transforms into Unit B, without the designated tint. When the duration ends, Unit A takes on the tint originally designated for Unit B. Why does it do this? More importantly, how can i fix it? (Causing Unit B to take on the tint, and Unit A to not retain the tint after the spell ends)

Try using a trigger:
  • Information
    • Events
      • Unit - a unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast equal to *your spell*
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change color of *Your Unit* to *Your Colour*
or something like that

Level 16
Problem 3: I want to give a unit an attack like a chimaera, or a summoned hawk, where the attack animation is a lightning bolt connecting the unit and the target. However, I cannot find anyway of doing this. I'm fairly certain it is not a projectile. And on the same note, how do I make the same animation for an ability? I looked to chain lightning for reference, and I noticed the line "Lightning Effects," but when I tested that line with a storm bolt ability, nothing appeared.

Just create ability based on ''Lightning Attack'' and chane it's Lightning Effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.