• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. Giving a unit the auto attack ability annhilation. Want to give it the lightning attack animation. If I add Lightning attack string to the Lightning Effects art it doesn't work. However when I give the unit itself lightning attack the animation will show.

2. How do I organize custom unit's in the Object editor, say by name and such?

Level 20
1. Not sure I understood the problem, can't orb of annihilation work with lightning attack ability?

2. For my maps, I'm naming my units like "000a - Footman", "000b- Rifleman" etc, the editor name never shows ingame so you can use a prefix to list them alphabetically.

Level 3
1. I tried copying everything from lightning attack and pasting it into the annhilation ability and it still does show. The art target, missle animation, and lightning attack. Art target shows

2. Thanks

Level 21
1. Giving a unit the auto attack ability annhilation. Want to give it the lightning attack animation. If I add Lightning attack string to the Lightning Effects art it doesn't work. However when I give the unit itself lightning attack the animation will show.
The 'Art - Lightning Effects' field does not work in abilities that normally don't have any lightning effects, so you can't have the lightning effect without the 'Lightning Attack' ability (unless you trigger it).
2. How do I organize custom unit's in the Object editor, say by name and such?
Open the Object Editor, click 'View' and make sure that 'Sort Objects By Name' is checked.
For my maps, I'm naming my units like "000a - Footman", "000b- Rifleman" etc, the editor name never shows ingame so you can use a prefix to list them alphabetically.
What do you mean? If the unit can be selected during the game (i.e. it's not a dummy unit), the name will obviously be shown. Are you talking about 'Text - Name - Editor Suffix ' or do you mean you later rename the units with triggers or something?

Level 3
1. Thanks, I suppose I could just use chain lightning and just trigger it to autocast.

2. Lol can't believe I didn't see, view 'sort objects by name'

Level 3
Hey sorry for reviving this but how do you give +rep and mark as solved lol?

Btw if anyones curious, I did

Event:
unit is attacked
Cond:
-(unit type of (attacking unit)) = to blah
-Mana of (attacking unit) > 75
-Custom Value of attacking unit = 1
action:
-Issue order targeting unit, (attacking unit) chain lightning (attacked unit)

Then I gave the unit the defend ability to use as a toggle.

Event:
Unit issued order with no target.
Cond:
-(Triggering unit) = blah
-Order string (defend)
action:
-set custom value of triggering unit to 1

Event:
-Unit issued order with no target.
Cond:
-(Triggering unit) = blah
-Order string (undefend)
action:
-set custom value of triggering unit to 0

Level 39
Just know that each unit can only have one custom value, so if you need to use CV for something else on a unit that can use this chain lightning attack you're just shit out of luck and will need a unit indexer. Also "a unit is attacked" is an abuseable event trigger: you can repeatedly fire the event by ordering a unit to attack another and pressing S to stop in rapid succession.

Click the green + in a box right below anyone's name/avatar to give them rep. If you're on mobile you'll have to rotate to portrait mode for the + button to appear. You might be able to mark the thread "solved" by editing your first post, unsure about that.

Level 3
Oh, does that mean it can lag the game if I have many triggers with event's, unit is attacked? I guess the spell is on cooldown and there's a mana condition.

Level 39
No it means anyone with that unit can proc the chain lightning without actually attacking. Nothing to do with lag, it's a player exploit. To avoid the possible exploit you need to do this with a Damage Detection System instead of the attacked event.

Status
Not open for further replies.