• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

lightning attack = limited range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making a lightning attack based off of the chimaera's for one of my units in the hope of giving it a long, sniper-like range of like 2000. However, no matter what i set the unit's range to, it always stays at the same range of like 550ish. I was wondering if the lightning attack has a limited range, and if so, how to get this to work correctly the way i'd like it to. Thanks in advance!

Level 9
This would be a simple object modification. It has nothing to do with the lightning attack. If you want to change the attack range of a unit to for example 2000, you have to set the attack range itself to 2000 and the acquisition range to 2000. I had the same problem and after setting the acquisition range to it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.