• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Impale + Starfall Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Heps! I'm looking for a spell, which contain following adjustments:-
1) It should work like a starfall, i.e. Caster should be channeling, and enemies coming in Area of Effect must be hit.
2) Instead of Stars falling onto Enemies, I want Impale Art, i.e Claws travelling in a straight line till enemy unit and then impaling it.
3) Targets hit must be slowed and bleeding.
4) Make caster have a greenish aura on his head, for eg. Cenarius while casting Tranquility.
Thanks for effort, btw.

Level 24
Few Questions...
-Reforged or a earlier version?
-Does it matter if the hero is the source of the damage?

And:
- You may need to find the "bleeding" models yourself, I'm not aware of any.
- the green aura above the head of that particular unit is the effect from tranquility (which includes the rain...)

Splinter Spines - [Link].

Last edited:
Level 3
Few Questions...
-Reforged or a earlier version?
-Does it matter if the hero is the source of the damage?

And:
- You may need to find the "bleeding" models yourself, I'm not aware of any.
- the green aura above the head of that particular unit is the effect from tranquility (which includes the rain...)

Splinter Spines - [Link].
- Earlier, ofcourse.
- Nope
- I want the spines to not throw the enemies into air, like impale does.

Level 3
@Khush
What about stun, Skipping that or keeping it?
Also the long impale on it, that will clip through, is that fine?
Instead of stun, I wanted a bleeding effect, which slows attack and movement speed.
I don't quite understand what long impale, if you're talking 'bout the spine which shoots from ground below the enemy and launches it up, then I don't want it.

Level 24
@Khush352
>if you're talking 'bout the spine which shoots from ground below the enemy and launches it up, then I don't want it.
Right, gotcha

One last tit-bit:
Does the missile "collide", I.e. stopping on first unit hit or does it go through units and hurt them in a line?

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-13_20-47-9.png
    upload_2020-2-13_20-47-9.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 15
Level 3
@Devalut
It hurts them in a straight line.
Also, one request, for the travelling spines, would you make it look like the "Crpyt Lord's Impale' right?
I mean original Impale travels through ground, na?

Level 3
I appreciate it, I'm making a nature oriented hero, so, if possible, can you make the roots a bit.....less dark.
Also, the can you make the spines originate from the hero, then travel till enemy unit.
Rest is well done. I appreciate it.

Level 24
>can you make the roots a bit.....less dark.
I'm almost certain you can find a root themed impale model.

>Also, the can you make the spines originate from the hero, then travel till enemy unit.
The dummy units that cast it are centered on the hero, can only imagine why it's offset is because of Anu'barrack Obama's fat abdomen

Edit: you can increase the wave travel time in object editor, but beware that you must also increase the dummy's expiration timer to match else the wave will end early...

Edit2: Unfortunately it seems that blizzard games truly do have bugs, the impale spell deliberately makes the unit invulnerable when it becomes airborne, removing the need to exclude it from more damage from a singular spell, meaning that in this spell that you have requested oddly enough has created a strange effect!
Setting the Wave time to .90 seconds with 0.00 air time causes the spell to damage the unit upwards of 3 times!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.