• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Custom Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello.

Does anyone know some good looking fonts? I'm searching for something unique and not much used in any other wc3 maps or campaign(if not at all). I'm making pretty epic campaign and I need to make it unique as possible and I think this is one of the things that could really make it.

Maybe you could share your little secret font with me? No need to give it in public you may also share it via PM. ;)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/chosen-ones-1-6d-83535/?prev=u%3DAeroblyctos

Rep and credits for the helpers.

Last edited:
Level 37

Attachments

• fonttttt.jpg
    fonttttt.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 290
Level 37
I don't know if this is necro posting or not but I just can't get this thing to work.

I created a test map but it just doesn't work. So I'm still needing help with this case. The map just crashes whatever I do.

I'm trying this method: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108965

The test map is attached to this post.

Attachments

• custom font.w3m
    16 KB · Views: 76
Level 17
I don't know if this is necro posting or not but I just can't get this thing to work.

I created a test map but it just doesn't work. So I'm still needing help with this case. The map just crashes whatever I do.

I'm trying this method: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108965

The test map is attached to this post.

i have no clue, i tryed it too, with different font file, everything was like in tutorial but map is crashing, really weird coz 1-2 month ago i also implented same font file to my map

Level 13
First I have imported david.ttf then I have removed your war3mapskin.txt thing, and used the JNGP advanced game interface configuration instead and worked. However on exit game it freezed game.

EDIT: I may got the problem. You will get shocked...

Code:
[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=David.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=David.ttf
TextTagFont=David.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=David.ttf
MessageFont=David.ttf
MasterFont=David.ttf

There is one space after "MasterFont=David.ttf " and just removed that and worked.

Level 13
EDIT: I may got the problem. You will get shocked...

Code:
[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=David.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=David.ttf
TextTagFont=David.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=David.ttf
MessageFont=David.ttf
MasterFont=David.ttf
There is one space after "MasterFont=David.ttf " and just removed that and worked.

It should not make bugs, but it is needed for everything....

Level 13
where is that? i reinstalled now the jngp but i see only the regulare interface settings

really funny, because i made in my orpg template already with comic font, and its work flawless but now idk what was the difference in implenting also i think i made in normal we, but who? :D

Advanced -> Game Interface -> Fonts -> edit them

Also here is the map, as I told only a space character was the bug.

Level 37
Superb! I just never imported the "font file". Now that I imported it the whole font started to work immediately! Wow, great. Thanks to everyone and especially to you Pharaoh_!

Here's the map where the font works. It's very easy to understand from this very simple map I created just for the font. I hope this will help other people's projects too. Thanks again and good luck to everyone who want to make their projects more unique with just few clicks.

Hey, I still got one problem. How to change floating texts to X font too?

Attachments

• custom font2.w3x
    56.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 37
Set
TextTagFont=David.ttf
in the custom skin block.

I use an imported war3mapSkin.txt file

Open the map with War3 Model Editor's MPQ browser. You then find the .txt file. You can export it and then edit it. Import it and remove the war3mapImported from the file path.

Level 37
Okay so my notepad looks like this now:

[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf
TextTagFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf
MessageFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf
MasterFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf
TextTagFont=BLKCHCRY.ttf

(didn't change the floating text font)

I tried to find something you told me to but you never gave me the name. What I should find?

Status
Not open for further replies.